Darkness or Light

A Forgotten Silhouette

“I have had enough of you for the weekend.” Hyorin stood next to Doo-Joon and he was speechless. MinSeul felt the sting on her cheek, “All you want to do is look down on us…what about you? You aren’t a saint either.”

“Yeonnie.” MinSeul turns her head and sees that YeonYeon was conscious. “Are you okay?” JungHo asked her.

“I’m fine.” YeonYeon answer softly. MinSeul pulls her wrist from Doo-Joon and runs to her friend.

“Kaja.” she helps YeonYeon up and JungHo carried her bridal style all the way back to the cabin.

“Will...” Yoseob says, “Looks like our winners are Chaewon and her team.” Their team shout in victory.

Doo-Joon just stood their dumbfounded; he basically just set MinSeul up. JunHyung didn’t know why, but he felt angry at Doo-Joon.

 

 

 

MinSeul had her bag and YeonYeon’s bag pack and ready to leave. JungHo carried YeonYeon to the car first. Doo-Joon and the other guys came to stop the girls. Doo-Joon walked towards MinSeul as she loads up the car. The girls gather around to send them off also.

“MinSeul.” He walk right to her, “I’m-.”

SLAP!

“Hyung!”

“Doo-Joon!”

“Oppa!”

“I’ve always wanted to do that.” MinSeul smirk, “I don’t want your apology…you never believe anyone anyways…some people never change.” She got in the car and Jungho drives off.

“And you guys wonder why she hates us popular people.” JunHyung comments, “It seems like it Doo-Joon is the reason.”

“Bwoh?” Doo-Joon looks back at JunHyung

“She came here because we all asked her to…our plan was to get her to change her mind about the way she thinks about us and the queenkas.” JunHyung hands were swinging back and forth, “But it seems like you have a problem with her…at first I thought it was just because she hated us. But the more I look the more I see that you guys have something going on.” JunHyung and all the guys stare at Doo-Joon, SISTAR stood in their spot amazed at what they were hearing. Doo-Joon chuckles.

“Ne.” he stare right back at JunHyung, “MinSeul and I knew each other before we both transfer over here…let just say I did something that disappointed her greatly.” He scrunches his eye brows up, “Why do you care about MinSeul so much?”

“Let just say we are going to be a lot closer than you are going to think.”

 

 

 

JungHo drove off with a hurt MinSeul and a tired YeonYeon sleeping in the back seat. MinSeul had tears in her eyes. She stares out at the window as they drove off she saw the blank stare in Doo-Joon’s face.

“Min.”

“Hmm?”

“Are you alright?”

“I don’t know.” She bits onto her thumb, “I just got slapped in front of him…I don’t know if I am supposed to be okay or upset.”

“MinSeul…Doo-Joon was just trying to get you out of trouble.” He tries to make her understand.

“I think I finally got him to hate me…after all these years.” She scoffs, “I know what is going to be the rumor or school tomorrow.”

“You know you just dragged yourself into the net of popularity.”

“A net that took me so long to get out of.” She sighs, “Now I have to get out again.”

JungHo observe her expression and notice how upset she looked. He remembers the first time he caught her crying.

Flashback

YeonYeon and JungHo ran out of the school together with scared expression and out of breath.

“You go that way.” Says YeonYeon, “And I’ll go this way.” He nods and they both depart.

JungHo looked high and low for MinSeul but he couldn’t find her. He went pass a park and saw her by the water. He approach her closer and notice she was talking to somebody that he couldn’t see.

“MinSeul please just listen to me.” Doo-Joon grab her arm and she was able to get her arm out of his grip.

“Why don’t you just go and make out with that girl you were clinging so close to earlier…because no matter how much you beg me or ask me I don’t care. Leave me alone.” He grabs both of her arms tightly.

“MinSeul I was wrong you were right, so please just…give me a chance to explain.”

“Let go of me.”MinSeul tears were showing as she tried to get away from him. JungHo walks over and broke the contact between them. He hides her behind him

“Doo-Joon ssi, leaves her alone.”

“Get out of my way…this is our problem, not yours.” He tries to get a hold of MinSeul but JungHo blocks her.

“Can’t you see she is irritated by you?” JungHo sighs, “You guys may have the Kingka title but remember it was because I gave it up. Don’t think for a sec that you have the power to bully people because you are supposedly good looking.” JungHo grabs MinSeul wrist, “Especially when they are my friend. I don’t want to see you make her cry again ever.” JungHo called YeonYeon and walked MinSeul back to her house. She was always quiet whenever she gets down crying about Doo-Joon.

“Gomawa, JungHo.” JungHo sighs in disappointment.

“Min, how do you expect to face him when you cry every time something like this happens?”

“I just have to work on it.” She sighs, “Forgetting someone isn’t as easy as it looks.”JungHo looks at her as they walked.

“MinSeul what really happened between you and Doo-Joon anyways?”MinSeul sighs as they walk.

“He was my…boyfriend. He was a kingka back at our old school. All the students in the school thought that I didn’t match him, I was too weak, ugly and not qualified to be his girlfriend. His friends encourage him to give up on me…but instead of breaking up with me and clearing it up with me he,” she pause remembering the pain that it caused her, “he cheated on me with, someone I thought was my friend.” The tears came running down again, “After finding out she only wanted him because he had everything I confronted him…but I only got the cold shoulder and got called a liar.” JungHo puts his hands over her and pats her shoulder.

“Gweanchah-a…with love everyone gets hurt, It isn’t just you.”

End

When JungHo got to the school he help MinSeul gets her stuff out of the trunk and into her trunk. MinSeul stops and thanks JungHo.

“Are you sure you’re going to be fine?” he asked

“Yes…thanks again for everything.” She sighs with her red eyes, “Please take care of Yeonnie for me. I would do it, but I am in no condition to be taking care of her.”

“Arraso.” JungHo pats her shoulder, “Go home and get some rest, I’ll see you at school tomorrow.” MinSeul gets in her car and drives off. When she gets home she notice a moving truck near her house.

“Halmeoni.” She says as she got inside.

“MinSeul I thought you weren’t coming home until tomorrow.”

“Yeonnie wasn’t feeling good so we called JungHo oppa to pick us up.”

“Is everything okay?”

“Ne.” She reassured her grandmother, “Plus I wanted to go to school tomorrow.”

“Are you hungry?”

“Ne, but I’m really tired so I’ll cook for myself later.” She was about to go to her room but stops, “halmeoni.”

“Hmm?”

“Is someone moving in next door?”

“Ne.”

“Who?”

“Don’t know but they said that it was a young man living by himself.”

 

 

 

JungHo constantly kept his eye on YeonYeon as he drove to her house. When he reach her house he got out and went to wake her up. When he open the back door he notice the pale look on her face and dried tears on her face.

Flashback

JungHo and Gi-Kwang were waiting outside of the emergency room. MinSeul appeared with a worried expression.

“MinSeul.” Gi-Kwang says, she ignores him and walk right up to JungHo.

“What happened?” he didn’t answer her, “I am asking you what happened?”

“It is my fault.” Gi-Kwang says with a low voice, “If I didn’t kiss her none of this would have happened.”

“You what?”

“No.” JungHo interrupted, “this is all my fault. I am the reason she is here. I overreacted.” He sat down on the bench, “I should have never yelled at her and told her that.”

“What did you tell her?” JungHo bit his lip and didn’t answer her question. She grabs his shirt and shook him, “What did you tell her!” Gi-Kwang pries MinSeul’s hands from JungHo’s shirt. Gi-Kwang was able to pull her back.

“I’m sorry Min.”

“You know she does things you tell her without giving it a second thought.” She gets out of Gi-Kwang’s hold, “If anything happens to her…don’t expect me to forgive you two easily.”

End

“Yeonnie.” He shook her a little, “Yeonnie.” She slowly open her eyes to meet his, “We’re here.” She turn to look out the window and saw that they were at her house. “Kaja.” He helped her out of the car.

“Gomawa.” She says weakly. JungHo just smiles and with one hand on her waist and the other on her bag he helped her to her front door.

RING RING

“It is your phone oppa.” Yeonnie had a feeling she knew who it was and grabs her bag, “I can go the rest of the way.” JungHo looked at his phone and back her, “It okay pick up…you don’t want to upset her do you?”

“I hope you feel better.” He kisses her forehead before leaving her, “See you tomorrow.” He runs to the car while talking on his phone. After finally get rid of the fact that she was still shocked YeonYeon walked towards her house, every step felt like lead. She went straight to her room and sat on her bed. She runs her finger through her hair and stop at the stitches on the back of her head. “If I could turn back time I would have never done it.” the tears fell onto her hand.

 

 

 

MinSeul and YeonYeon walked to school the next morning without JungHo. When they got to the school it was practically empty because the Kingkas and queenkas were still at camp.

“MinSeul-ssi! YeonYeon-ssi!” a girl yells. They turn and saw EunHye walking next to JungHo with a smile on her face. YeonYeon felt like her heart cracked at his smile. “Hey so I am finally transfer here.”

“That is great. “YeonYeon said with a smile

“Yeah…but I don’t get to be I the same class as you three.” She pouts, “But oppa says that we can hang out and have lunch together.” She had her hand on his chest, “If that is okay with you guys.”

“I’m fine with that.” MinSeul smiles and YeonYeon nods. JungHo notice how pale YeonYeon has gotten since last night.

“Yeonnie.” She looks at him, “Are you feeling okay?”

“I’m alright.”

“Are you sure? You seem a lot paler than yesterday when I drop you off home.” EunHye felt lost and invisible.

“Gweanchah-a.” she says with a smile. JungHo took his arm away from EunHye and felt YeonYeon’s forehead; YeonYeon flinches a little at his touch.

“You aren’t warm so I guess you will be fine.” He puts his arm around EunHye’s waist, “If you feel sick or anything later, let me know.” YeonYeon nods and watch in pain as EunHye and JungHo leaves. MinSeul grabs her friend’s arm.

“Kaja.” They both walked to class.

MinSeul Pov

When we got to the class it was pretty much empty with most of the students gone. There were about five other students that didn’t go on the trip.

“Yeonnie, want to sit by me today?” She looked at me

“Umm…sure.” She said quietly

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to.”

“It is alright.” We walked to my desk and sat down. I took out my materials for class. “Hey Min.” I stop and looked at her and she was looking down at the desk, “If I was to regain my memory…would it be a good or bad thing?” her eyes finally met mines.

“It all depends on how you look at it.” I smiles at her, “Regaining your memories can either be hard on you or it can let you move on.”

“What do you think?” I was taken back, “You were with me when that happened, so if I were to gain it back what would happen to me…us…the three of us?” I had to think about it for a sec before answering her.

“If you regain your memories back…” I hesitated,

“Umm YeonYeon-ssi.” We both look at the person standing behind Yeonnnie. It was JunHyung, back early from the trip, “I don’t mind you guys talking but…” I saw him glance at me, “I’ll like to sit next to MinSeul today.” Yeonnnie looks at me and grabs her bag.

“We will talk later.” She went to her seat and JunHyung sit down next to me. I continue taking my material out.

“How – how are you feeling?”

“I’m fine thank you.”

“MinSeul…I want to apologize in replace of Doo-Joon.”

“I’m fine, you don’t have to apologize.” I felt his stare getting hotter, I decided to face him and I was stun for a bit. He looked very sorry. “Why do you want me to forgive him so much?”

“Because I don’t want you to hate him…or any of us.” I sighs, “I don’t know what kind of history you guys have but I want you to forgive him.” I felt something pierce my heart.

“Mr. Yong and Ms. Park!” our teacher got our attention, “If you guys are done talking I’ll like to start our lesson.” Before I stood up he got up and bow.

“I’m sorry Seon-saeng nim.” He apologize, “I was asking her a question…please continue.” She turns around and JunHyung sat right down. During our lesson I JunHyung passed me a note.

Let hang out after school. I want to talk some more.

I just shook my head a little and smirk.

 

 

 

YeonYeon Pov

During the lesson I kept hearing vibration coming from JungHo. I looked down and saw him texting, no need to guess who it was. It hurt so much…I don’t know how long I will last with this pain. I tried to keep it away with studying but I know that doesn’t work. From the corner of my eyes I saw him smile…if he is happy I guess I should be happy too.

During our break I started to feel a little dizzy and warm. I went to splash a little water on my face.

“Yeonnie.” I saw JungHo next to me with a huge smile. “Do want to come and hangout with EunHye and me later?”

“Aniyo.” I couldn’t tell if my head hurt more or my heart, “I got a lot to do today. Umma and appa are coming home.”

“Oh.” He nods, “did you want me to drop you off?”

“Aniyo.” I smile back at him, “Have fun.” I walked away before he could ask me anything else. I went to the roof and look around me. I sat down on the roof and closed my eyes to help the pounding stop.

FlashBack

I was standing on the balcony looking out at the open. I suddenly felt a pair of warm arms wrap around me.

“Yeonnie.” I recognize the voice but the face was blurred out, “I love you.” I felt happy, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

End

 

 

 

MinSeul Pov

When school ended I went to find Yeonnie. She disappeared after breaks and I had no idea where she went. I felt someone grab onto my wrist and I was dragged. When I turn to look at who it was, I recognize JunHyung’s back.

“Where are we going?”

“Just follow me.” I tried to stop him

“I have to find Yeonnie.”

“She is a big girl now, I am pretty sure she knows her way home.” For some reason I could never argue with him, I always felt like I was losing. I heard students talking and saw cameras going off. I was able to stop before we could get out of the building. He stops and looks at me.

“You shouldn’t be doing this.”

“Why can’t I do this?” I really thought this guy was dense

“Because you’re dating Hyorin.” He just chuckles a bit which made me felt dumb.

“I’m not dating Hyorin.” I was confused, “She went and spread that rumor herself…we aren’t official so…” he jerk my wrist making me take a couple more steps towards him, “Kaja.” Before I could say anything else I was out the school door.

 

 

 

He took me to the mall and I can say this guy think that all girls are the same. I guess he finally notice that I hate shopping when he finally came up to ask me a question.

“Why aren’t you looking at anything?”

“Let answer that question with a question.” I walked up to him with my hands behind my back, “Do you think all girls are the same?” I could see the light turn on in his head, “You have my answer.”

“What do you like doing?”

“I like to read, play sports, and…” I stop before I could say anything else, “Why did you come back so early from the trip? Aren’t you in charge of it?”

“I wanted to leave. Is that so wrong?” I just shook my head.”Kaja.” he grabs my hand and we left the store.

“Where are you taking me now?”

“MinSeul have you never heard of fun before.” He pulled me into a little arcade inside the mall. Memories came crashing back to me as we walked inside. I just took a deep breath and walked in and started to play the games. I was actually beating him at most of it. After playing we went out to eat at a place that they said had the best beef and talked about school stuff.

“MinSeul,” I looked at him, “Hyung told me that you guys were close back then.” I took a sip of my water.

“Is that all he told you?”

“He told me that he did something to you…something that disappointed you greatly.”

“Disappointed doesn’t cut it.” I scoff, “It is more on the line of betrayal and distrust.”

“Is that the reason you hate popular people?” he spoke softly, “Can you not forgive him?”

“You can say it is somewhat his fault that my way of thinking has changed about popular people, but the girls themselves has proven my point... they always look down on us and everyone because they are the queenkas, but they are no different that you and me.” I sigh, “I want you to know something JunHyung…what Doo-Joon did to me in the past, I will never be able to forgive him for it easily.”

“MinSeul…what if I am able to make you change your mind set on us.”

“I’ll be waiting for that day.”

 

 

 

Preview:

“I don’t want to busy myself with guys right now.”

 “You’re not just another girl. You’re my best friend.”

“I’m your new neighbor.”

“I want you to stay away from JunHyung.”

“Why? Why should I listen to you?”

“Just stay away from him.”

 

 “Think about it…if your boyfriends love you so much would you have to worry about me…if you trust them so much.”