Together? Together.

Roses and Insomnia Nights

{Author's POV}

It was P.E time and everyone went to change except for Jinri, once again she made an excuse to me exempted from joining the class. The reason is? Girls with long hair are needed to tie their hair into a ponytail which, could show people her ugly scar. Going to the usual place she goes when the others are in the gym is at the back of the school, a place filled with roses. There were all kind of colours there. 

You see, even though she Jinri is fatigued with life, one of the only reasons why she managed to still be alive here are roses. 

Red roses to be exact. 

Red roses leaves a big memory in her life and for her, it defines her. The flower may be beautiful but it will hurt you because of the thorns. 

With a big smile she breathes in the fresh air and lays down besides the countless beautiful types of roses. Looking at the beautiful clear sky and taking a deep sigh and closes her eyes.

"BOO!"

Surprised with the sudden loud voice, Jinri screamed and opened her eyes, sensing danger. In front of her eyes was Mark looking at her with such fascinated eyes. 

"Why are you here instead in the gym?" Mark asked as he positioned himself to sit besides her, who has speechless. 

Without saying anything, Jinri looks around and back to Mark who was waiting an answer, after thinking Jinri finally decided to stand up and walk away from the boy who she barely knows. 

"Wait!" Surprised with Jinri's action, Mark scream on the top of his lung and chased after Jinri, "Is the rumour true? About the scar on your cheek? Can I look at it?" 

Jinri was astonished with how straight-forward and brave this guy is but decides to ignore him anyways, and continues to walk away. 

[After a while]

Jinri was back at the place she was at first after walking without a direction for a while, and once she was about to lay down, she saw him again. Oh, how annoyed was she at that time. 

Mark was shyly smiling to Jinri while waving his hand. He then went to the roses and decided to pluck on of them, "Ouch!" He screamed while looking at his bleeding finger from touching a thorn. 

"Serves you right." 

Mark was looking around, and said to Jinri, "what? what did I do that you said serves me right?"

"The flower looks beautiful and you decided to pluck it instead of just adoring it. You're hurting the flower and now the flower hurts you. Roses may be beautiful but even so, they have thorns which hurts you when you touch it." she takes a breath, "and that is why, you don't pluck flowers." 

Mark, amazed with what Jinri said just nodded and looked to his bleeding flowers and the next thing he saw when he looked up was Sulli taking a napkin and tying it around his bleeding finger. 

"Wow, thanks..." 

"Hmm.." 

After that, both Jinri and Mark was lying side by side and it was silent, instead of it being an awkward silence it was comfortable. 

"So... what are you doing here instead of in the gym?" Trying to create a conversation Mark asked.

"I'm sick.. kind of, you?"

"I forgot to bring my gym clothes so yeah.." 

and so that ends their conversation. 

Suddenly Jinri asked Mark, "how did you know I was here?"

"Ahh, the coach said there was another student who wasn't joining the class and he told me that I can stay with you." 

Jinri nods her head as he finishes talking 

And so, that ends another conversation. In the end, they fell asleep.

"Don't leave me, please? We can be together! I'll be a good girl, I promised please. I swear I won't do it again, don't leave me alone." 

Mark was awoken with that loud voice repeating again and again, as he looks besides him he saw Jinri sweating and repeating those words, 

"Hey, wake up..." Mark lightly shooks Jinri.

"Please, don't leave me."

"I won't"