airport

untitled*

 

onho; fluff

 

 

 

Jinki sighs in a heavy breath, happy to make it in the nick of time, hands reaching to hold Minho’s between them before either can speak.

As for Jinki’s buddy standing on the side impatiently, annoyed he was forced to drive Jinki to the airport and stuck watching this scene, much can’t be said for him. There’s nothing too exciting about the moment, unless maybe Jinki is happy, then he can probably live with his day being disturbed and dealing with horrible traffic. He’s still going to get the younger to pay the gas bill though. 

Minho blinks wide eyes behind dark sunglasses, not expecting to see Jinki here at all. “Hyung..” He looks down at the older swinging their hands together, confused. The public display of affection from Jinki was rare to find, Minho knows. It’s only behind closed doors that it happens and it’s never exactly how Minho wants it or imagined it could be. 

"I just.. wanted to say goodbye." Jinki shrugged, big smile nervous.

Minho raised a brow. He left his hands in Jinki’s, silently liking the connected feeling it gives him. “Didn’t we do that already?”

Jinki’s eyes dart around and he chews his lip, having a hard time finding his voice. “Yeah, right. ..yeah we did.”

Minho wonders the time, worried of missing his flight, not that he isn’t enjoying this moment. He will miss Jinki. He will miss Lee Jinki even though the older basically turned him down after a drunk night of flustered confessions on Minho’s part, leaving the two on much more awkward terms and a long lived friendship strained - possibly beyond repair and Minho hates himself for ruining it.

Now, Minho grows more embarrassed, not sure why Jinki would be here after their awkward goodbyes. Minho had good reason to get far away and now he has a perfect excuse, one that couldn’t be read as just running away from a problem that looks broken and unfixable. 

Minho begins pulling away, speaking clearly “I have to go-”

Jinki cuts Minho off, quickly pulling him down into a sloppy kiss, chapped lips smashing as if inexperienced in kissing anyone ever, though that isn’t the case.

Jinki’s sidelined friend glances up from his cell, eyes wide and head quickly turning to remarkably find the whole area free of people and judging looks. Wait, there is one, a staff lady who watches from a distance behind a desk as if seeing some scene from a movie. He waves anxiously at her, trying to smile. She waves back with a shy grin then tries to look busy while obviously still peeking at the unfolding scene. He’s not sure if he should hide behind his phone or what, and Jinki really should have given him a warning on what his real intent was about this rush to the airport. What a little jerk.

As Minho stumbles back, Jinki pulls the younger’s sunglasses away, wanting to see the expression. Big eyes bat long lashes and cheeks flush while Minho’s mouth hangs open. Jinki shrugs with a small laugh, somehow feeling freer than ever. He forgets where he is or that anyone is around, because right now all he sees is Minho, the sweet younger friend that never left his side all these years, even when he so much as provoked him to leave forever. Minho never left Jinki behind like he thought he wanted, not until now that is.

“Eh.. hyung?” Minho brushes fingers over his lips, shocked. He certainly doesn’t understand how things turned this way, not at all. That wasn’t how he saw his first kiss with the older either, not after the drunken, angry shove that knocked Minho away when he stupidly tried after confessing buried secrets. He’s talking but it doesn’t seem like it’s his own voice anymore. “I thought- aren’t you- I..”

Jinki reached for Minho’s hands again, swinging them as he spoke with a confidence Minho hasn’t seen in a while. “When you come back, I wanna try.. really. I wanna try.. us.” His head bobbles with another nervous laugh, though his words are sincere. 

“Us?” Minho doesn’t even know what to say. He’s pretty sure he used all his words to express himself up the night he confessed to being in love with a sweet friend since, well, puberty. It took a good few years to understand what the feeling really meant though. “I’m..-what?”

“It’s okay,” Jinki says, “You can think about it. I don’t need an answer now. I know I’ve made you wait longer.” Jinki’s head dropped, smile small. “Even if I was unaware.”

There’s a deep voice behind them, throat clearing for attention, before Jinki’s buddy notes the time for Minho, like a good guy. He shuts up promptly after, nothing more to say, nope.

Jinki’s hands squeeze Minho’s and their eyes meet, saying more than they could with words now. Minho’s lips finally curl into a smile, growing until it’s wide and crooked. Jinki’s smile widens at the relieving sight, sure he’s made the right call after sorting how his own inner demons.  

Minho pulls away as Jinki lets go. Nearly every hurried step Minho takes to catch his flight, he’s glancing back at Jinki with that silly smile, and clumsily trying to put sunglasses back on, almost running into things before disappearing from sight around a corner.

Jinki sighs, head dropped. An arm wraps around his shoulders and he doesn’t even need to look up to know it’s his friend. 

“So.. that happened.” The arm yanks on Jinki a bit, trying to remain friendly when not really knowing what to say.

“Yeah..” Jinki whines, sounding like a miserable, lovesick kid.

“You owe me gas money.”

Jinki looks up now. “Hyung…”

His smug little grin repairs, proud of what he’s accomplished this day. He hopes for an exiting and fulfilling new experience once Minho returns to him. He’s too sure of himself that Choi Minho will have nothing but ‘yes’ to say to him before falling into his arms.

“I’m a hero guy…” Jinki says to himself.

Jinki is shouting as he’s pulled away buy his larger friend, who still demands money for gas.