Happiness with You

Happiness with You

Word Count: 2,322

Irene's POV:

Joy held my hand as we made our way out of the building, feeling both relieved and shocked that we made it through our debut stage. I glanced behind at our members and saw Seulgi and Wendy giggling together. My heart clenched for some reason but I decided to ignore it.

"Unnie?" 

I blinked and realized that I had stopped walking. I awkwardly smiled at Joy, "Yes?" I mumbled.

She giggled, "Come on, unnie."

As we made our way through the crowd, I felt Joy's hand grip mine tightly. We entered our small van and I decided to sit up front. Joy went to sit at the back which made me feel hurt and confused.

"Why are you sitting there? Sit next to me." I pouted.

She chuckled, "I like the back more."

Not any longer, the rest of our members came in the van. Seulgi smiled and went to the back. My heart skipped a beat as Wendy sat next to me.

She smiled and held my hand, "We debuted, unnie!" She exclaimed like a child.

I shook my head with a smile, "I know."

She let go of my hand and leaned her head on my shoulder, "Ah, I'm tired." She quietly mumbled.

I heard giggling from the back. I sighed and closed my eyes, preparing myself for a short nap.

~~~

We got back to our dorm and Seulgi and Joy woke us up. I held Wendy's hand and led her in our dorm. Seulgi and Joy wouldn't stop expressing how relieved and excited they felt. Joy was very innocent and Seulgi was very bright. The two things that I weren't. Wendy was also bright and dorky but I wasn't very close with her. I think she doesn't like me as much either. She's close to Seulgi because they're both the same age, and she's close to Joy because every one of us naturally take care of her since she's the maknae.

When we got to our dorm, our seniors surprised us with red velvet cake. "Congratulations, Red Velvet!" Tiffany hugged me tightly, causing me to let go of Wendy's hand. From the corner of my eye, I saw her frown. 

I awkwardly hugged Tiffany back and smiled, "Thank you Tiffany sunbaenim."

Tiffany broke the hug, "Just call me unnie."

"Yes, in fact call all of us your unnies!" Victoria swung her arm around Wendy. Wendy coughed and I worriedly glanced at her. 

"Omo! I'm sorry, Irene-ah." She let go of her and cupped her face. I bitterly looked away. The feeling was back. My heart was clenching again like it did when I saw Seulgi and Wendy giggling together.

Luna pouted, "Vic, they can't all call us unnies." She stated. Victoria glanced at the rest of the f(x) members plus Seohyun and giggled, "Oh right. Sorry guys."

Surprisingly, Seohyun sunbaenim was younger than me by a few months. Victoria sunbaenim was the only f(x) member older than me.

"You're so old, Irene unnie." Seulgi joked, causing laughter amongst the girls. I shook my head, "I'm not old. It's just because you guys are so young."

Girls' Generation and f(x) stayed with us for awhile before leaving us alone to celebrate.

When they left, Seulgi brought a bottle of wine.

"Sorry Joy~ No wine for you." Seulgi teased. Joy pouted, "But I'm almost eighteen!"

"Almost 18." I repeated. "Here, you can have grape juice for now." 

Wendy shyly handed Seulgi her cup and the latter chuckled, "Looks like someone is thirsty."

I coughed as I thought of something else and Joy immediately patted my back, "You okay, unnie?!" She panicked. I glanced at Wendy who also gave a worried look.

"I'm okay." I managed to speak. I took another sip from my cup.

After Joy got her cup filled with grape juice, we made a toast and finished our drinks in one shot. I worriedly glanced at Wendy who had low tolerance for alcoholic drinks. Her eyelids were slowly drooping down. She looked drunk and we weren't even finished with the bottle yet.

"Unnie can I try just a little wine?" Joy asked beside me. Wendy chuckled, "Sure, maknae!" She handed her the bottle of wine but I immediately stopped her. Yup. She was definitely drunk.

"Stop Wendy. You're drunk." I humorlessly stated. She shook her head with a silly smile, "I'm not drunk~" I sighed and decided to bring her upstairs. I stood up and put her arm around my shoulder for support.

"I can carry her." Seulgi offered but I waved a hand to her, "It's fine. I can manage."

As I walked upstairs, she kept leaning on me which made me struggle. I sighed, "Stand up straight."

Wendy smiled, "But I am.." She mumbled with her eyes closed.

I glanced at her and her eyes slowly opened, "You were awesome today, Irene-ah." She absentmindedly spoke. I creased my eyebrows, "What happened to calling me unnie?"

She didn't answer and her head rested on my shoulder. I opened the door to our room and she placed all her weight on me. I groaned and tried to carry her but instead, I ended up being pushed against the wall. She grinned and lost her balance. I held her arms for support and her face leaned close to mine. I blushed at the small distance between us.

"Wendy, stand up." I ordered.

"Irene, do you like me?" She spoke like a baby. I rolled my eyes, "You're drunk. Of course I do."

"Really?" She asked again. I heaved a sigh, "Yes. Now move." I tried to remain calm but her face was so close to mine, I could feel her breath against my lips.

"I.. like.. you.. too." 

Her lips landed on mine and I felt like my world had stopped. Our lips parted and she smiled before collapsing on me. Her head hung below my shoulder. I was still beyond shocked. My heart kept beating fast. I couldn't describe how I felt.

Nonetheless, I brought her over to her bed and laid her down. Wendy, Why did you do that? I thought to myself before leaving the room.

 

Wendy's POV:

The next day, my head hurt like crazy. I squinted my eyes at the sunlight. I sat up and leaned against the headboard. I creased my eyebrows as I remembered how I got drunk. 

"Irene, do you like me?"

"You're drunk. Of course I do."

"Really?"

"Yes. Now move."

"I.. like.. you.. too." 

And I kissed her.

My eyes rounded in shock. I felt my own lips and they parted.

"What the heck did I just do.."

 

"Good morning, Wendy unnie!" Joy smiled from the table. I nervously smiled back and glanced at Irene who didn't even turn around to look at me. I'm so dead.

Seulgi grinned, "I took a video of you drunk."

I pouted and ignored her. My eyes automatically drifted towards Irene again. She just ate her cereal quietly.

I heaved a sigh and ate my cereal. Seulgi's eyes drifted from Irene to myself. She raised an eyebrow, "Did something happen?" She asked. I shook my head quickly, "N-No!" I exclaimed. Irene stared at me.

"Okay.." Seulgi awkwardly replied. I mentally did a facepalm for being so obvious. 

"So we have a perfomance today, right?" Joy asked excitedly. I nodded, "Music core."

She grinned, "I'm excited!" Seulgi laughed, "You always are." Joy pouted and stuck her tongue out childishly. From the corner of my eye, I saw Irene smile at the two bickering. I took this chance to start a conversation with her.

"Irene unnie, are you excited?" I muttered to her while the other two were chatting.

Irene nodded, "Yeah.. Are you?" She awkwardly replied. I nodded back. We stared at each other before immediately looking away. I inwardly sighed. Both of us knew what had happened.

But neither of us wanted to talk about it.

 

"Thank you for you hard work!" We chorused after the recording. We left the building. As usual, Joy and Irene went in front of us and Seulgi and I followed behind.

I looked at their interwined hands and looked away.

"You okay?" Seulgi asked next to me. I nodded and forced a smile. Like yesterday, Joy and Seulgi sat in the back and Irene and I sat together at the front. However it was different today. I glanced at Irene and she smiled lightly. I smiled back in relief.

I heard giggling from behind. I turned around and saw them whispering about something.

 

"Ah~ I'm tired!" Seulgi grinned. "Joy, why don't we go to our room?" She sang and pulled Joy away before she could reply back.

I was left with Irene. Alone.

"I'll go upstairs.." I mumbled. Irene grabbed my wrist, "Wait."

I turned around and curiously looked into her eyes.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Sure.." I mumbled nervously. We went upstairs to our room and I sat on the bed, leaning against the headboard. Irene sat next to be and held my hand.

"About yesterday.. can we forget about it?" She asked as she carassed my hand. I felt a bit disappointed for some reason.

"Was that kiss nothing to you? Did you think that I just kissed you because I was drunk?"

My question seemed to catch her off guard. Her eyes looked into mine and we stayed silent for a minute.

"D-Didn't you?" She anxiously stuttered. I sighed, "You know what, forget it. Just forget about it."

I hopped off the bed and started to walk away. I was expecting her to call me back but she never did. As I closed the door behind me, I closed my eyes and heaved a sigh.

I do like you, Irene.

 

One week later, Irene and I were still awkward around each other. We often found Joy and Seulgi giggling about something. I wish Irene and I could be like them.

"Yes! We have no schedules today! Should we go on a date?" Seulgi asked at the table. We were having breakfast. I was sitting across from Irene. Joy was sitting next to Irene and I sat next to Seulgi.

"D-Date?" Irene and I asked at the same time. 

Joy nodded, "That sounds like a good idea, unnie!" 

"Where should we go?" Seulgi asked. Joy beamed, "Let's watch a movie!"

 

Fortunately, we weren't recognized by people because the theater was dark. I kept trying to get between Seulgi and Joy so I wouldn't have to sit next to Irene but they didn't let me.

We were watching a horror movie. How nice.

Suddenly in the movie, a shadow appeared behind the lost girl. I rounded my eyes and immediately held Irene's hand who was closest to mine. She seemed to be surprised but she still held my hand to comfort me.

Seulgi and Joy were cuddling next to us so I couldn't depend on Seulgi who was sitting on my left.

Unknowingly by the end of the movie I was hugging Irene tightly. When the once dark theater was filled with light, I opened my eyes and looked up. Irene smiled gently, immediately sending butterflies to my stomach.

Seulgi laughed, "How was the movie? Did you have fun cuddling?"

I blushed and sprang up from my seat, "I told you I don't like horror movies!" I whined. Irene chuckled and held me back, "It's okay.. It's over." She whispered in my ear. Surprisingly, her sweet voice calmed me down.

After leaving the theater, we went to a restaurant to stop our hunger. Irene was sitting across from me. 

"So, what are you guys ordering?" Seulgi asked.

I shrugged, "Whatever you guys are ordering. I don't really know Korean food.." I honestly spoke. Joy giggled, "What's your favorite Canadian food, unnie?"

I pressed my lips together in thought. "Almost anything is good." 

 

After eating, Seulgi and Joy thought of a unexpected plan. "Let's separate. I call being with Joy!" Seulgi grinned mischieviously. My mouth slightly parted and I glanced at Irene to see her reaction.

She smiled lightly, "Sure."

Sure.. Sure?!

"W-What?"

"Okay then it's settled!" Joy beamed.

"No, wait!" I glanced at Irene who had her eyes on the ground. I bit my lip, "Actually, alright.." I lowly answered.

Seulgi grinned, "Come home at 5 PM!" She ordered before pulling Joy outside of the restaurant. I looked at Irene and she forced a smile, "You don't have to come with me. You can go home."

"I'm sorry, unnie. I didn't mean to offen-"

"It's alright." She answered shortly. She walked away but my conscience wouldn't let me release her. I ran after her and held her hand, "Unnie.. I want to come with you."

 

We sat on a park bench in front of a fountain. We silently swung our feet in sync as we admired the beautiful nature.

"Do you hate me?" Irene suddenly asked. I rounded my eyes at her sudden question.

I stared at her and shook my head, "Why would I?"

"I know you still remember.. that."

I sighed. I knew what she was talking about but I failed to ignore it. I nodded.

She sighed, "I'm sorry.. I should've talked to you about this.."

"Do you like me unnie?"

From the corner of my eye I saw her smiling gently. 

"I do.." She shyly admitted. The corners of my lips slowly went upwards.

"Say that again." I blushed.

"I like you, Wendy." She finally looked straight into my eyes.

I leaned my face closer to hers, "I like you too."

And for the first time, I kissed her with confidence. 

This time, she didn't back away. Her lips moved with mine and I put my arms around her neck.

The wind brushed against my cheeks and my lips parted with hers.

"So.. we're together now?" I sweetly asked. She nodded with a smile, "I'm yours, Wendy-ah."


Should I make a sequel or not? Comment your thoughts below! ^^