Cakes and Hugs (I)

Jaebum and Yugyeom : Life in Got7

Hey! Wow, I actually have subscribers! 12 of you actually! I am so HAPPY I could kiss you guys! But I won’t, since you know, it would be super awkward for everyone. Neeewaaayyy…I finally finished another one. Sorry it took so long for this one to come out. Been super busy with work. This will be in a few parts, two actually, hopefully. Well, I plan for this to be a two-shot but I sometimes get out of hand. Thanks again for the subscribers and all the readers. I’m glad you guys liked the previous one. Like always, any comments (good or bad) are welcome. If you guys have any ideas on this pairing I would also like to hear it.  

_________________________________________________________________________________

“Wow, this is great! It was worth waiting so long for,” said Jaebum as he takes another bite, “You should bake more often.”

“Thanks hyung,” said Jinyoung as he continues to cut up the chocolate cake for the other members around the dining table, “I would but we barely have any free time anymore.”

Looking up from his slice, Youngjae said “Time? I thought you just had to add water to the mix and put it in the oven. That’s how my mom always does it.”

Without even looking, Jinyoung raises his finger in warning at BamBam who was about to open his mouth to ask for more. “You know we’re on a diet BamBam. We’re lucky manager hyung allowed us to eat this much,” said Jinyoung as he turns and stores the rest of the cake in the fridge,”Besides, we need to save some for Mark-hyung and Jackson-hyung. You can have some more tomorrow.” Looking dejected, BamBam pouts and looks around the table for a victim.

Turning back, Jinyoung sits down and took his first bite. Closing his eyes, he savours the chocolate ganache melting on his tongue and chews slowly. “You see Youngjae, there is a difference between me and your mom,” said Jinyoung while slapping BamBam’s hand that was slowly creeping towards his plate. “I don’t use instant mix. I make it all from scratch and that requires a lot of preparation. You need to sieve the flour. Weigh all the ingredients correctly. Mix it all properly. BamBam, I swear I will poke your hand with this fork! Stop!” Looking at the fork like the deadly weapon it is in Jinyoung’s hand, BamBam held his hands up in surrender. JInyoung is well known to keep all his promises, ALL of it.

“Where was I…Ah…Make sure the oven temperature is hot enough. There are so many things to do! All those things takes time but it was all worth it right!” said Jinyoung while smiling at Youngjae who was nodding his head in agreement, “It tastes so much better when you do it with love!”

“Hum…yeah hyung. I get what you mean. The cake taste so much better than when my mom makes it,” said Youngjae smiling back. Sensing opportunity, BamBam quickly dives in and steals the rest of Youngjae’s cake. Getting up with his prize, he ran all the way to his room and locked his door. It happened so fast it took Youngjae a moment to process the situation. He kept staring at his empty plate. Silently questioning what happened and where did his cake disappear to. The moment he comprehends the situation, his face twisted into a look of horror and he runs after the cake thief while screaming about his precious cake.

“Aish, see what you’ve done,” sigh Jaebum as he listens to the ongoing war over the cake that was probably already sitting comfortably in BamBam’s stomach, “Now I have to go and settle those kids down.”

“Haha, sorry Leader! You know I don’t mean to do it. I can’t help it if my cakes are sweet and delicious,” said Jinyoung, hugging Jaebum from the side while flashing his cutest smile. Although he tries to act angry, Jaebum soon cracks a smile back. He pinches Jinyoung’s cheecks and says, “You’re lucky I like your cake.”

Acting like he was insulted, Jinyoung puts his hands on his chest and gives a dramatic gasp, “I knew it! You only want me for my cake! You never really loved me did you!”

Laughing loudly now, Jaebum takes Jinyoung’s hands in his and coos, “You know that’s not true. You’re my only love! You’re the star that shines in my dark night! You’re the sun that outshines the sun! You’re sweeter than the chocolate in that very delicious cake you made! You’re the…You’re the…” Jaebum looks around the room looking for inspiration while Jinyoung is very visibly trying to hold in his laughter. Getting nothing, Jaebum slowly puts down Jinyoung’s hands. He closes his eyes and sigh, “You know what, you’re right. I only love you for your cake. I’ll go.”

Unable to contain his laughter anymore, Jinyoung bursts out laughing and soon after, Jaebum joins him. “I’m sorry! I just can’t! It was too funny!” breathes Jinyoung in between laughing, “You should have seen your face! That was the worst acting I’ve ever seen before. Sun that outshines the sun?”

“Give me a break! It was done on the spot, don’t expect so much,” said Jaebum, “And I’ll tell you, my acting was perfect.”

“Nope, it was horrible. Worse than in Dream High.”

“What! That is such a low blow. You are horrible.”

“Your face is horrible.”

“Your aegyo is horrible.”

“My aegyo is perfect. Yours on the other hand…”

“I can do aegyo!”

“Prove it!”

The two friends continued their banter not noticing that a certain silver-haired teen had left the room. Yugyeom quietly put on his shoes and left the apartment. Normally a certain someone would ask him where he was going or would ask to join him. But that certain someone was too busy doing an aegyo battle. That certain someone has been ignoring him the whole time he was there. For a CAKE! That certain someone also forgot that today was their first anniversary.  

_________________________________________________________________________________

15 minutes later, Mark and Jackson came back to see two different atmospheres in the dorm. Jaebum and Jinyoung are currently pulling faces at each other in the kitchen, occasionally bursting out laughing. In the living room, Youngjae and BamBam are sitting on the couch in obvious uncomfortable silence. BamBam would periodically pull at Youngjae’s sleeves but Youngjae would just stubbornly stare straight ahead, clearly angry about something.

Looking at each other, Mark and Jackson exchange nods before splitting up, Jackson to the kitchen and Mark to the living room. They both know that Mark was better at handling the issue there. Jackson is more straightforward and that tends to cause further problems. Yup, The Wild and y doesn't do gloomy or angry well.  

Coming up to the duo, Jackson said, “Hey guys! What are you doing?”

“Hey hyung! Welcome back!” said Jinyoung, traces of laughter still on his face, “I saved you some cake.”

“Great!” said Jackson, “I love cake!”

“I know,” said Jinyoung with a smile as he gets up to serve up the cake.

Sitting down, Jackson looks on hungrily as Jinyoung starts to slice the cake. “Hey Jaebum-hyung, how did the celebration go?” asked Jackson as he motions Jinyoung to cut him a bigger slice.

“Celebration?” asked Jaebum confused, “What celebration?”

“Very funny hyung,” said Jackson as he grins at Jinyoung in thanks, “Your first year anniversary with Yugyeom is today right. He has been talking non-stop about it. Even when the three of us were at dance practise he kept talking about Jaebum this, Jaebum that. This is awesome JInyoung. You should really bake more. We had to threaten him to get him to shut up. But it was nice to see him getting so excited about it though. It was cute” Jackson continues him rambling between bites while Jaebum’s face slowly turns to horror.

Looking around, Jackson mumbles through a large chunk of cake, “Where is Yougyeom anyway?”