Sorry

Jaebum and Yugyeom : Life in Got7

This is set after the 4 Things Show with JB. It’s after the hidden camera prank they did. If you haven’t watched it, you need to. It…..was….awesome!!

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung,” Yugyeom said while tugging on Jaebum’s hands, “I’m sorry I lied. Please don’t be mad.”

 

Jaebum opened his eyes and stared at his maknae’s face, or at least what he could see. Head hanging low, Yugyeom’s hair covers half of his face but Jaebum could see the trails left by the tears that the tall dancer had shed. Shed because of him. Looking around the bedroom he shares with his bandmate, Youngjae, Jaebum feels conflicted. Part of Jaebum was ashamed at himself for making his lover cry, but the stubborn part of him was still angry. He was angry at the group for playing a prank on him. He was angry that he fell for it. Most of all, he was angry that Yugyeom lied to his face about it. His body stiffened in anger again just thinking about it.

 

“Hyu…hyung, please, I’m sorry!” Yugyeom said for the tenth time that hour as fresh tears slid down his cheeks.  Hearing that small break in his voice, Jaebum’s anger recedes a little. When Yugyeom looks up at his with sad red eyes, his anger is quickly replaced by guilt.

 

Feeling guilty that his normally happy maknae is looking so miserable. Feeling guilty that his innocent lover is crying. All because he couldn’t take a stupid hidden camera prank. A harmless prank that he himself had played on his lover before. Remembering that Yugyeom also cried at that time, he feels even more guilty and miserable. How could he make him cry again?  

 

Letting out a soft sigh, Jaebum slowly extracts his left hand from Yugyeoms iron grip. Yugyeom’s eyes immediately widen in panic and he lets out more desperate apologies and tears. Smiling softly, Jaebum gently wipes away the tears from Yugyeom’s face. Not expecting the loving gesture, Yugyeom could only stare in shock.

 

“I’m sorry Yugyeommie. Hyung is very sorry.” Jaebum said as he looks deeply into Yugyeom’s eyes. One hand still gently caressing his face, Jaebum brings the hand still intertwined with his to his lips and kissed it.

 

Looking confused, Yugyeom starts to open his mouth. Before he manages to make a sound, Jaebum quickly shakes his head and said, “No, don’t say anything. Just …. let me finish first.”

 

Seeing Yugyeom keeping silent, he gently kissed his hand again before continuing.

 

“I’m sorry for being mad at you. I didn’t mean to lose my temper. I just, I just did. I didn’t mean to shout at you like I did, there’s no excuse for that.” Jaebum said trying to convey as much sincerity as he can, “You came in to apologise and I reacted like a jerk. I’m so sorry Yugyeommie, please forgive me.”

 

“No hyung, it was my fault. I should have told you when you asked,” Yugyeom said while looking down, “I knew that you don’t like it when someone lies to you. I should have just told you. I’m…I’m sorry.”

 

Chuckling softly, Jaebum pulls the teary eyed boy in close. Hugging him as tight as he can, Jaebum whispers softly into his ear, “No matter the reason, I still shouldn’t have yelled at you. I shouldn’t have made you cry.”

 

Moving so that they are facing each other, Jaebum moves his hands to frame his boyfriend’s face, “I’ve been a really bad boyfriend. I’ve made you cry so many times. I promise I’ll make it up to you.”

 

“I’m sorry.” He placed a gentle kiss on his forehead. He could feel Yugyeom shiver a bit.

“I’m,” He gave a kiss on his left cheek then the other, “Sorry.” He could taste the saltiness from the tears.  

“I’m sorry.” He gave a soft peck on the lips.  

 

Pulling back, Jaebum smiled shyly at his boyfriend. Yugyeom’s eyes were wide in disbelief. His cheeks were flushed red in embarrassment at his older boyfriend’s rare show of affection. Jaebum is a great and loving boyfriend but shows of affections are hard for him. Having so much shown to him at once was throwing him off balance, not knowing what to think. Yugyeom could only stare.

 

 

 Getting no response from his boyfriend, Jaebum's smile slowly fades away. Jaebum starts to feel foolish. He can’t believe he did all that and there was no response. Not even a smile, just a blank stare.  Feeling stupid and a little angry, he starts to back away but Yugyeom quickly wraps his arms around him.

 

“No! Don’t go hyung!” Yugyeom said as he tightens his hug, “I’m sorry. It’s just…It’s just unexpected. You’re not a bad boyfriend hyung. You’re the best one there is.”

 

Feeling the tension leave his body, Jaebum gladly returns the hug. So pleased that his apology was accepted and his boyfriend is no longer crying.

“I’m really sorry I made you cry again,” Jaebum whispers into his boyfriend’s neck, “I’ll make it up to you, I promise.”

 

“It’s ok hyung. It’s my fault too.” Yugyeom whispers back.

 

Jaebum could only smile. His boyfriend is just too nice and innocent. He would never blame anyone for anything. It makes him even more determine to make it up to his gentle giant. Taking in a deep breath, he could smell the cologne he bought as a birthday present last year. Jackson said it was a stupid and boring gift. It may be (ok, it was) but Yugyeom looked happy when he got it. To know that he actually wore it showed how much his boyfriend loves him.    

 

Pulling back, he gave his biggest smile ever, the one where all of his teeth shows. He knows he looks ridiculous but that’s why he did it. It never failed to make his Yugyeom laugh and it was no different this time. Yugyeom’s unique laugh was music to his ears. Still holding his boyfriend, Jaebum said, “Would you like to sleep with me tonight?”

 

“Sl..Sl..Sleep? Here?” Yugyeom stuttered looking everywhere but at Jaebum, his face red, “What about Youngjae-hyung?”  

 

“He owes me a favour. He won’t disturb us. No problem.” said Jaebum.

 

“Uhh..I don’t know hyung. I don’t want to cause any problem,” Yugyeom said, still avoiding Jaebum’s eyes, “Youngjae-hyung might not like it if we…on the bed.”

 

Frowning a little, Jaebum looks more closely at his red faced boyfriend. Why was he so hesitant? It’s just sleeping together, it not like they’ve never done that before. They’ve fallen asleep on the couch countless times before, bodies entangled until no one knows where one begins and ends.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jaebum asked.

 

“Nothing’s wrong hyung,” Yugyeom said, “I just don’t..”

 

“Don’t what?” said Jaebum slowly.

 

“I..I don’t think I’m ready yet,” said Yugyeom softly, almost a whisper. If Jaebum was not as close as he is, he would not have caught it.

 

“Ready?” Jaebum was confused. Ready for what? “I know it’s a bit early to go to bed but I didn’t mean now. I thought we could watch a movie or something first before sleeping.”

 

Yugyeom finally turned to face him. His face is still red but he is looking at Jaebum like he grew an extra head.

 

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” Jaebum asked, getting a bit uncomfortable.

 

 “Nothing hyung,” Yugyeom said, a small smile playing on his lips, “I’ll be happy to sleep here tonight.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s only when he was in bed, almost asleep, did he understand. Yugyeom is curled up to his side, head on his chest and hand softly gripping onto his shirt. Jaebum chuckled softly in disbelief. Looking at his boyfriend in a new perspective, Jaebum thinks that maybe his innocent maknae isn’t so innocent after all.