The Breakup

5 Steps of Moving-On

 

 

“Huwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! I-I can’t b-believe he did t-that!! That son of a…. huuuuuuuwaaaaaaaaaaah!” I cried my eyes out, wiping the tears that keeps flowing from my eyes. I’m a mess. A complete mess to be exact!

 

My boyfriend dumped me!! He dumped me for crying out loud! Our relationship is almost perfect. Yes, almost perfect coz nothing in this world is perfect right? So I’m considering our relationship next to perfection! And things just have to happen. My boyfriend… I mean ex-boyfriend is seeing someone else aside from me!

 

“A-am I not enough?! I became everything he wants me to be! I changed the way I dress, the way I talk.. Heck! Even the way I blinked my eyes!!!” I cried letting out all the frustrations I’m feeling. World just big time!

 

“Hush now… He’s an from the first place! I just don’t know what you see in that guy?! So it up!” I heard my best friend snort after trying her best to comfort me. Her long black hair tied in a messy bun, her bangs making her face seems smaller. Pale skin, big clear eyes, small but beautiful nose and full lips that is in a pout. That’s Bom.

 

You see, Bom here is my best friend. She’s the best! Well she can be a , but that’s what makes her my best friend. She’s my protector. And the time she heard me and that are dating, devils starts to crawl back to hell coz of her wrath. Okay, I may be exaggerating a little. But that’s just how angry she was! She keeps saying I should just break up with him. Which I should’ve considered in the first place.

 

It just took me 2 years before I realized how dumb I am. The story behind my puffy eyes and stuffed nose is, while me and my ex-boyfriend are still in a relationship, he was having an affair with another girl! I don’t know what he saw in that Kiko Mizuhara!

 

“What does she have that I don’t?!! We’re both thin!” I continue to rant.

 

Well she’s taller!” Said Bom.

 

“Her s is no far from mine!”

 

But she’s kinkier!

 

“Wait! I am not even ! Why are you using ier?! I don’t even intend to do those stuffs with my boyfriend! I’m a woman with moral, very old fashion way I know but that’s just how my parents brought me up.”

 

“Well maybe that’s why he left you? You can’t give him the happiness and satisfaction.”

 

“He’s not that kind of man!!”

 

“Oh yeah? And Anjelina Jolie is my aunt!”

 

“For real?!”

 

“Ughhh! Dara stop this okay?! You’re so blinded by love that you thought he’s all good and innocent. But no!! Oh no he’s not! He’s an and he dumped you for a girl whose s are not even bigger than yours!!!”

 

“H-huwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~~~~” And there goes my crying spree. I just can’t help it. She just have to remind me that my boyfriend dumped me! And yes, for a girl whose s are not even bigger than mine. That’s what hurts the most!

 

“Stop crying okay?! You’ve been crying for 4 hours now. I can’t do this anymore!” And that’s Bom snapping her last strand of patience. I think I’ve done it this time.

 

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves, to collect my thoughts, to gather some pieces of my heart if ever there’s still some.

 

“YoungBae will pay for this! Dong YoungBae will suffer!!!!!!!” I screamed with irritation.

 

 


 

The next morning I forced myself to get up from my bed. It’s Saturday so means no classes, no homework, nothing to do to distract myself from heart ache.

 

I my laptop and did what I should’ve done since yesterday. I logged on my Facebook account determined to change my relationship status from In a relationship to Single.

 

Once done, there are comments flying everywhere. Great! I just announced how miserable my life is. But that’s the truth. No more rainbows and unicorns from now on. Everyone who saw commented the same things like…

“Aww what happen?” – Lee ChaeRin

 

 “Are you okay?” – Gong MinJi

 

 “It’s gonna be fine unnie.” – Lee HaYi

 

“Noona! Shall I butcher his ?! Come on DaeSung!!” – Lee SeungRi

 

“I shall say no to violence.” – Kang DaeSung

 

“Heard you’ve been crying your heart out.” – Choi SeungHyun

 

 but one comment stands out…

 

“Huh! It’s about time.” – Kwon JiYong

 

What does he meant by that?! It’s about time?!!! That is just so rude! I’m not even close to that guy, but yeah we’re Facebook friends anyway. Not wanting my pride to be crushed, I searched his name in the chat box and messaged him.

 

Me: Your comment is just so rude.

 

Kwon Jiyong: I didn’t know reality hurts you sweetie.

 

Me: Who are you calling sweetie?! What an arrogant freak you are!

 

Kwon Jiyong: If you just messaged me to start a fight well excuse me but I have more important things to do.

 

Me: Say sorry!

 

Kwon Jiyong: And why would I?

 

Me: For being rude!

 

Kwon Jiyong: Why are you using exclamation point in every message?

 

Me: Coz you deserved them!!!!!!!! Now say sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Kwon Jiyong: Whatever Park! Save me from your craziness.

 

Me: Say sorry!!!!!!!!!!

 

Seen Sat 8:23am

 

What?!! That freak just seen zoned me!! Urgh! Why even waste my time? I should be busy finding some things to do.

 

Doing the sole thing I needed to do on Facebook, I turned my laptop off and willed myself to take a bath. Well don’t expect me to be like those heartbroken girls in dramas who sulk in, doesn’t eat and doesn’t even take a bath. I can’t even believe they are not taking a bath?! Who in their right mind want to be a stinking heartbroken girl? I beg to differ!

 

Checking myself in the mirror, I see how puffy my eyes are. I look like those heartbroken girls in the dramas.

 

“Well you are a heartbroken girl right now Dara.” I said still taking in my morning look. I’m a mess.

 

Not wanting to self-pity any longer, I went to my closet to get something to wear. I scanned everything and it all reminded me of that ! Dresses! Dresses which he said that looks good on me and tricked me to wear it every single ing day!

 

“Urghh! I can’t do this! Where are my other clothes?!” I groaned going to my drawers and look for my old clothes.

 

I took out a skinny jeans, and a white HBA pullover. I went to my shoe rack and scanned everything. Stilettos, high heels, and other girly shoes! I can’t believe I survived from 2 years of wearing that every day at school! Pulling the drawer at the bottom, I spotted a pair of old converse and decided to wear them.

 

Checking myself out in the mirror, I let out a sigh. “Back to square one huh are we? Well this is the real you right?”

 

Shaking my head at my silliness, I decided to head out and take a stroll around. I need a distraction.

 

 


 

I went inside a bookstore, it’s the first store I spotted upon entering the mall. I’m a bookworm to be honest. I’m a big fan of those cheesy romantic stories and even though I hated sad stories, I can’t help but read those angst ones too. Well at least my love story isn’t the same as those stories where her relationship ends coz its either she died or the guy she loves.

 

I went to the shelves where the love stories are placed.

 

“Figures you’re the type of girl who loves this type of stories.” I heard a voice speak. Is he talking to me? Well 10% chance that that person knew me, so I just proceeded at scanning the titles and if I’m lucky I might find a good book to buy.

 

“Trying to get rid of the heartache sweetie?” Sweetie?! Heartache? Okay now I think this guy is actually referring to me. And I think I knew who he is.

 

I faced the person and behold, the ever smirking freak Kwon Jiyong is beside me looking busy as he is scanning a book in his hand. Well don’t blame me if I didn’t recognized his voice. Like what I said, we’re not close, I’m busy with my boy... ex-boyfriend that time so I don’t have any spare time to know his doings and more over his voice.

 

“What do you want? And don’t call me that.” I glare at him.

 

“What? Sweetie?” He asked.

 

“Shut up Kwon or I’ll shove that book in your mouth.”

 

“Getting feisty are we?”

 

I just rolled my eyes on him. This guy is hopeless. He is either sent in this world to annoy the out of me or broke the heart of those poor girls he victimized. He’s good looking, that I give him credit for. His facial feature is so pretty, a little bit feminine but also screams manliness. His hair that looks like choco brown in color is styled in a messy way. The messy-in-a-good way, gel free to be exact. His eyes are chinky that I bet when he smiles it will become even smaller. His pale skin seems smooth and those lips are so full that anyone would love to… Wait! Am I actually checking him out??!! But his attitude is just… I don’t know. What I only know about him is his not so good reputation with girls.

 

I’m about to leave just to save myself from getting older by the second coz of being annoyed by a freak. But no he didn’t give me a much deserve break. He just have to pest me which seems to be the sole purpose of his life right now.

 

“You know, I can help you with your problem.” He suddenly said still reading that book in his hand.

 

“What in the world are you talking about?” I asked, shocked and also relieved that he didn’t saw me checking him out.. No! I mean looking at him…

 

“With your heart problem.” He simply stated like it’s the most obvious thing in the world.

 

“If you think I’m the type of girl who’ll jump from one guy to another after getting her heart broken, well I beg to differ.” I said with the most distaste I could muster.

 

“Excuse me? Are you accusing me of flirting with you?!” He asked amusement visible in his voice. Well definitely on his face too.

 

“Aren’t you? Oh please! Stop with the façade. I know the likes of you Kwon.”

 

“And as you say, I beg to differ.”

 

“And why would I believe you?”

 

“Come on! Take a leap of faith will ya? No s I swear!” He said grinning and held his hand in a promise-I-swear position.

 

“Whatever. How will you help me then?” I raised a brow at this. Kwon Jiyong? Helping a broken hearted girl? I most likely believe he will cause a broken heart. I saw him look at his phone muttering things I didn’t get to hear.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes. We’ll talk more in school. Now is not a good time, I gotta go.” He said taking his leave not before saying “Bye sweetie! Don’t miss me too much.”

 

I heard giggles from those other customers around the bookstore. That son of a b…. urgh! Can this day get any more worse?

 

 


 

 

How's chapter 1?

Do you like it?

Do you want me to post the other chapters?

Please do subscribe if you find this story interesting.

Comments please ^_^ Votes up if it's worth it :)

Let me hear your thoughts! v(^__^)

-- unknownkwon