Can you hear me?

Can you hear me?

 

So hee woke up early to get ready for her first day of school at Wonsan High. As she arrived, it was silent, “Maybe I’m too early?”As she said that, she saw a tall guy along with another dude. They were listening to music. She walked over to them and asked them where her class was at. “Come along, we’ll show you. I’m Baekhyun and this is Chanyeol. What’s your name?”So hee told them and they nodded. When they arrived at her class, she turned the nob and it was locked. Baekhyun, the shorter guy said “I guess now you know why we were sitting outside. Me and Chanyeol are in this class too. Well then,bye So hee.”

So hee waved at them as they went back outside. She walked around the school and found a necklace. When she saw what was written on it, she rushed outside and met up with Baekhyun and Chanyeol.”Chanyeol, I think you lost this.” She gave the necklace to him and he just glared at her. She felt uneasy and went back upstair.

Finally, the teacher came and unlocked their classroom door. So hee walked in and sat somewhere when the teacher told her to move next to Chanyeol. So now, So hee was sitting in between Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Chanyeol kept on glaring at her while Baekhyun kept on waving at her, which So hee found pretty annoying. In the middle of class, a group of girls came over to Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s desk. They kept on rolling their eyes at So hee.”Flirts,” So hee judged in her mind. She went back home, staring at the ground, kicking rocks. She closed her eyes and thought of the locket she gave to Chanyeol. It matched perfectly with her locket.”Channie...”

2 years ago...

“So hee, when you come back from U.S.A, you have to come meet me, okay?” a tall little boy said to So hee at the airport.”Channie, you know I’ll never forget you. Here, take this. If I see a boy wearing this locket, I know it would be you. Don’t forget me,kay?” So hee said, giving the boy a locket in the shape of a musical note. The boy kissed her in the cheek and left.

Present time...

“It’s you.”

So hee never stopped looking at Chanyeol’s necklace. She wanted to go to him and say it, but she thought she would make it a surprise. What a coincidence, her first love was the first person she saw back in Korea. Three months have passed and Baekhyun, So hee and Chanyeol became best friends. Well, loads of girls hated So hee because of this but, who cares? One night, she texted Chanyeol and told him to go to a certain cafe. She thought she would tell him because she missed him so much. “Chanyeol, may I borrow your necklace?” So hee asked Chanyeol. He gave it to her and she locked the necklaces together. “Perfect match... Did you miss me, Channie?” Chanyeol was surprised by this and didn’t move for a while.” So hee, my So hee? Is that really you?” He hugged her tight and kept on saying how much he missed her. She really missed him too. When Chanyeol told Baekhyun about this, he looked pretty sad. So hee was curious of why but didn’t ask.

2 years later...

Graduation day. Finally, the day that the three best friends would get out of high school. There was a graduate’s field trip to Japan. So hee, Baekhyun and Chanyeol went there for fun. When they arrived at Japan, the teachers in charge gave them phones each and told them to adventure Japan. They’ve earned it well. The three people went to the hotel and checked-in. After that, they went out to eat. Two days later, the three friends went to an amusement park. Baekhyun kept on sticking beside So hee. So hee felt weird but still talked to Baekhyun. Chanyeol was jealous but kept quiet till the end. On the aeroplane, Chanyeol held So hee’s hand tightly because he was scared. Baekhyun also took So hee’s hand and held it tightly because he was afraid of heights. So hee had to confront them and tell them it was okay.

When they arrived at Korea, Chanyeol kissed So hee’s cheek and thanked her. Baekhyun was silent because of this. “So hee, would you like to be my girlfriend?” Chanyeol whispered to her. “I thought I already was?”So hee joked. All the graduates went back home.

3 years later...

“Kang So hee, do you accept Park Chanyeol, to be your loving husband?”

“I do.” So hee said as she looked at Chanyeol who had a wide smile on his face.”You may now kiss the bride.”

Baekhyun bitterly sat at his place. He stood up and walked out of the building.”I just wanna hide from the truth that So hee is taken...” He said bitterly as he stared at the ground.

3 months later...

“Baekhyun, I didn’t  know you liked me. I’m...” So hee stopped talking when she saw Chanyeol outside. Baekhyun continued drinking wine. She just left him there and went to her husband.” I feel so sorry for him. We are ruining his life, Channie... What are we going to do?” Chanyeol didn’t answer her but started driving faster. Chanyeol crashed onto the side of the road and they got into an accident. Chanyeol suffered minor injuries only.

3 weeks later...

“I’m so stupid, why did I crash the car? Now, the only thing I’m doing is hurting her more. Why would I think she was cheating on me? Baekhyun was my best friend. I’m so stupid.” Chanyeol regretted. Baekhyun heard this and thought that if he couldn’t have So hee, no one can. Baekhyun went up to Chanyeol and lied to him that So hee was cheating on Chanyeol with him. Chanyeol wanted to punch Baekhyun but he stopped himself. He wouldn’t let a woman ruin his friendship with Baekhyun. Chanyeol and Baekhyun went into So hee’s hospital room and looked at her. She was suffering but now Chanyeol didn’t care anymore. Baekhyun was laughing in his mind. She heard whispers, voices in her head. Was she finally going crazy? She opened her eyes and her head hurt really bad. She turned to find Chanyeol and Baekhyun , with their backs facing her, heading out the door. “Hope you live happily.” That was the last thing she heard from them. In the middle of the night, she closed her eyes and cried silently.  “Why did they do this to me? What did I do wrong?”

 

She walked to the rooftop of the hospital and jumped.

-Kang So Hee’s Funeral.

Baekhyun regretted what he did. He put his best friend in misery and his other best friend was dead. He had to live with this weight on his shoulders.

“Chanyeol, Baekhyun, can you hear me? I love you both no matter what. Can you hear me?”

That’s what Baekhyun and Chanyeol heard every night. They would hear her sob silently and say can you hear me. Why?

Because she loved them and always will.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you like this short fan-fiction.

>.<