Final

In the dark

‘ “Princess you must stop doing this!” The servant cried out, grabbing the princess’s hand.. It was the fifth time this month that the Princess of the Moon met up with the Prince of Earth; the Moon kingdom’s sworn enemy.

“Oh JiSung, calm down! SeHun wouldn’t hurt me. He loves me.” The young Princess sighed, as she peered up at Earth. It was such a far away place.

“You don’t know that for sure!” The twelve year old exclaimed, as the Princess stood up. The young servant boy stood up along with her and followed her out of the sitting room.
“JangMi, where are you going?” Jeno, her little brother asked, peering up from his game. His sister rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her cream dress.

“Like you don’t know little brother.” She sassed, while heading to grab her cloak that was hidden underneath one of the tiles in the room. Jeno smiled at his sister and laughed at JiSung’s expression.

“I do, but it doesn’t hurt to let me know for sure. Relax JiSung she does this many times a day. She’ll be fine.” The fourteen year old smiled before returning to his game. The princess smiled and head towards the portal that would take her to her beloved.

“I’ll be back in a couple of hours. If my parents wonder where I am make sure to beep me on this, okay?” JangMi explained, while holding up her watch. JiSung nodded his head and took a deep breath.

“Yes your highness.”

“Bye!”

Within a second the fifteen year old princess was gone and all that remained was the portal entryway. JiSung didn’t want to admit this to anyone but he had a very bad feeling creeping up his spine.

“Be careful your highness!”

Down on earth the sun was high up in the sky, while the nineteen year old prince of Earth walked around his mother’s rose garden. Anticipation crept through him as his beloved was soon to arrive. Of course their meeting was supposed to be kept a secret as their relationship was forbidden.

“SeHun!” A sweet angelic voice squealed while hugging him from behind, he smiled and laughed.

“JangMi!” He whispered while turning around. She smiled up at him and he couldn’t resist anymore. He leaned down and kissed the unsuspecting princess on the lips.

A tear rolled down JangMi’s cheek.

“huh?” SeHun muttered in wonder, as the princess furiously tried to wipe her tears. He brought her into his embrace and she sobbed into his chest.

“I’m sorry…”She whispered, placing her hands on his back and squeezing. SeHun shook his head and patted her on her head. Pulling back and looking down he studied her, from her big green eyes to her long light brown hair that just barely touched her ankles. Or well what he would assume was her ankles as her long cream dress blocked his view.

“Don’t be it should be I who apologizes; my kingdom is the one who is going to declare war.”

“It’s not fair.” She breathed placing her head back on his chest and taking in his scent. He nuzzled the top of her head and held her against him as he hummed in response. Their life truly wasn’t fair; sworn enemies, but they fell in love.

What a cruel twist of fate.

“SEHUN!” A shrill voice screamed, pulling him away from JangMi. He immediately got into a protective stance in front of his beloved. They’d have to kill him to get to her.

“Mother.”

False alarm.

It’s safe.

The only one who knew one on earth who knew of the two relationship was SeHun’s mother. She treasured JangMi, and even dedicated the rose garden to her and SeHun’s meetings.

“JangMi must get home now. They are ready to march to the portal.” She whispered, while ushering SeHun and JangMi out of the garden and towards the woods. They needed a quick escape and the only way it’d be quick was if they went through the woods to reach the portal over by the ocean before the warriors did.

“What? So soon?” He asked, while they began their journey through the deep unchartered woods.

JangMi tripped on a fallen tree and tore her dress in the process; scrapping her knees as well.

“Yes, your father doesn’t want to waste anymore time than he already has.” She replied helping the young princess up off the ground. SeHun got down on his knees and told her to get on his back, to which she did as she was told.

“How does he know about the portal?” JangMi interrupted, a creeping sensation crawling up her spine. The queen looked away and SeHun remained silent to her question.

“Traitors.” The Queen muttered while they made their way over to the cave near the ocean, which held the portal inside of it.

“Traitors? To the Moon kingdom?” She asked, already knowing the answer.

“Yes, now you must go sweetie!” The Queen rushed before leaving the two to begin her way back to the garden to stale her husband for as long as she could.

“JangMi, return and warn your parents. Be safe, okay?” SeHun said, grabbing her cheeks and forcing her to look at him. She nodded her head and tried not to cry.

“I will. I love you.” She whispered, nuzzling her cheek into his large hands.

“I love you too!” He breathed before giving her one last kiss and shoving her into the portal. He took off running back to the castle in order to keep suspicion off of him.

Back on the moon the young princess had just landed on the other side of the portal where a worried JiSung was still standing. He looked at her with surprise before worrying over her bleeding knees. After tending to her wounds the Princess ran off in search of her Mother and Father to warn them.

“FATHER! MOTHER! THE EARTH KINGDOM IS ABOUT TO ATTACK! WE’VE TRAITORS IN THE KINGDOM!” She shouted as she stood in the middle of the throne room. Her father was the first to react as her mother sat motionless in her spot.

“Gather the warriors. Sound the alarms. NOW!” He shouted at the servants in the room sending the scurrying off. The king quickly left the room to prepare for battle and to gather his best warriors as well.

“Mother come, we must get the others and hide.” JangMi said, while pulling her mother out of the large room. As if that snapped her mother out of her trance, she shook her head in dismay.

“There is no hiding for us.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” JangMi desperately asked wile shaking her mother’s shoulders.

“I mean there is no hope for you and I.”

As if on that note the two were surrounded by Earth warriors right as the Alarms for the Moon Kingdom began sounding. The warriors stabbed her mother in the side with their sword before ordering her to continue walking with them and leave her mother behind.

“I can’t do that! She’s hurt!” JangMi cried out while clutching onto her withering Mother’s body: the warmth already leaving her body.

“NOW OR WE’LL KILL YOU BOTH RIGHT HERE!” One man shouted pointing his sword at the princess.

“I guess you’ll have to kill me then!” She retorted, standing her ground. She gripped onto her mother’s body, prepared for her ultimate demise.

“No! We have to let the King to the honors.” One smirked while picking the princess up and throwing her over his shoulder and carrying her away from her mother.

“MOM!” She cried as she struggled to get out of the mans arms. Her mother soon disappeared from her sight as they got farther and farther away from the scene.

“Pipe down!” The man huffed while setting her on the ground. JangMi surveyed her surroundings and realized that they were now on the steps facing the few remaining people of the Kingdom. She looked to her right and saw her fathers bloodied body along with her younger sisters Lami and she broke down into sobs.

Wait, where’s her brother? Where is Jeno?

“Your highness…” A soft voice whispered from beside her, quickly she turned her head and saw her brothers servant Joonmyeon.

“Is he safe?” She whispered ever so quickly and quietly that only a moon being could detect. Joonmyeon nodded his head and tried to smile at her.

“And JiSung?”

Once again she received a nod from the older servant and she sighed in relief. The two boys were both safe, there was still hope for their Kingdom then.

“Thank goodness.”

Two people came and shoved the two onto the ground, bashing their heads on the marble ground. Then they moved the two into a bowing position which faced the people of the moon Kingdom.

A few footsteps walked around them and two people stood beside JangMi and Joonmyeon. One was the King of Earth and the other was SeHun; both covered in blood, just not theirs.

“PEOPLE OF THE MOON! I AM KING OF THE EARTH KINGDOM!” The man shouted from the tops of the steps. JangMi looked up at the faces of the people and held in a sob. Fear was clouding their eyes; they had to know what was going to happen next. She lowered her head and stared at her blood stained dress.

“I HAVE BEFORE YOU, YOUR PRINCESS AND PRINCE!” JangMi looked over at Joonmyeon, with a shocked gasp, but it was so quiet that only the people of the moon could hear it. Joonmyeon smiled at her and she sobbed even harder with the confirmation of her thoughts.

Joonmyeon was willing to die for her brother.

She reached over with one hand and grabbed on his and gave it a reassuring squeeze. Looking back at the people she tried to stop her sobs and managed to with much difficulty.

“MY SON AND I SHALL SHOW YOU ALL WHAT IS TO COME ONE DAY IF YOU TRY TO REVOLT AGAINST THE RULE OF THE EARTH KINGDOM!”

Gathering up all the courage she had JangMi stood up and glared at the man; the murder; the fake. With shock the king stared at her before laughing manically.

“Bow back down to me!” He commanded, as SeHun stared at his beloved with shock. Hadn’t he told her to be safe?

“I’ll never bow down to someone like you!” She spat, spitting on his shoe. The king became enraged with her response and orders his guards to force her on the ground.

“I was going to let my men have fun with you before I kill you but now I don’t feel like it, you disrespectful wrench!” He shouted, pulling out his sword, while his gaurds wrestled with the princess but by the power of the moon god she refused to go down with out a fight. Becoming even more annoyed with the delay the swung and chopped of the head on one of his own men.

Everyone watched as the head rolled down the steps, leaving a bloody trail from the top. JangMi felt bile raise up in as she pushed the headless body off of her and picked up the mans sword and stood ready to attack the king.

“YOU DARE TO RAISE THAT SWORD AGAINST ME WRENCH?!” The King shouted in outrage. JangMi just continued to stare him down, truthfully she didn’t know where this courage came from but she wasn’t sure. What she was sure of was that if needed she’d take this mans life, no matter what.

“I do dare.” She hissed, glaring at the king.

“Well that’s stupid for you.” He smirked, once again laughing manically. It was obvious that this man was a mad man,

“Ugh!” JangMi gasped a searing pain racing through her body. She released the sword and her hands flew to the pain. Looking down at her hands she saw them cover in blood.

Was this her blood?

JangMi felt a stinging in her eyes and all over her body.

This wasn’t fair.

Nothing in her life was ever fair to her.

Dropping onto the ground she fell on her knees before all of her people. Some screamed, some shouted in rage and other chose to look away, refusing to accept what was happening.

If anyone should be doing that it should be SeHun, JangMi thought bitterly while falling on her side. She felt a foot nudge her and she began to roll down the white marble steps. In the background she could hear Joonmyeon shout after her right before he was beheaded.

Landing at the bottom of the steps JangMi waited for the head to land next to her. Much to her horror the head rolled in front of her face; the eyes of the servant wide open and staring at her.

She left out a shaky breath and let her tears pour down her face. Trying to breath was becoming more and more difficult with each passing second; she was suffocating from her own blood. Coughing she spit up blood and she stared at it.

“I’m not done just yet.” She whispered, while trying her hardest to stand up. She collapsed three times before she got ahold of her footing and strength.

The people of the Kingdom watched in misery as their princess stood up. She was cover in so much blood. Many of the people while they were terrified were also filled with such a hatred for the King of earth. How dare he do this to their princess!

Laughing the King walked down the steps towards JangMi, SeHun followed his father down the steps; bile rising up his throat with each step.

“You’ve got some nerve wrench!”

“At least I’ve got some unlike you! You’re not man enough to kill me are you?” She challenged. SeHun looked at her as if she had lost her mind.

“Watch me.” The king roared while ing the sword through her heart, almost completely ending her life that very second. Her blood landed on the people behind her and on the ground.

One of the people behind her charged at the King with the others following him. They wanted to avenge their princess who died protecting what she believed in, fighting for what she believed in. They all needed to do the same so that the Princess could go on forever.

SeHun stared at his dead lover with horror. She was gone. When the people killed his father they turned to him and stabbed him with his own sword. SeHun fell to the floor and crawled towards JangMi. In his last dying moments he brought the cold body of JangMi into his embrace for one last time before he took his last breath.

After a long seven hours fighting the remaining warriors of the earth kingdom the people of the moon preserved and won back their kingdom. Prince Jeno was brought out of hiding in order for him to close the portal; cutting off contact with the earth kingdom.

Believe it or not the Princess had known that if she died doing everything then the people who retaliate against the King and his people and kill those that were on the moon. Which would protect her brother and lead them to close the portal to earth. Cutting off all contact with the other kingdom.

So in honor of the former princess of the moon everyone turned off ever single light on the moon for one whole day every single month.’

“So that’s why we have a new moon?” The student asked his teacher with a very questioning tone.

“Yes SuHo, that’s exactly why we have a new moon everyone month.” The teacher confirmed while nodding his head. Another student raised their hand. “Yes, go ahead.”

“So the princess and SeHun didn’t have a happy ending?” JangMi asked with a pout on her face. She didn’t like the ending of the story obviously.

“Well, who knows what happened after they died. They could’ve met up and finally had their happy ending. They could’ve been reborn in new bodies so that they could finally have their happy ending.” He smiled, while watching as the pout turned in a cheer of joy from the ten-year-old girl.

She reminds me of her…

The school bell rang signifying that the school day was over. The teacher watched as the kids ran out of his classroom. JangMi sat and waited until a voice called for her.

“JangMi are you ready to go?”

“Yep! Let’s go Sehunnie!” She cheered while latching onto the fourteen year olds arm. He was smiling and so was she. It was the brightest smile he’d ever seen his sister have in his whole life.

Before leaving the room JangMi turned around and looked at her teacher with a smile. She waved and shouted, “Bye Mr. Jeno! See you tomorrow!” The teacher laughed and watched at his sister finally got the chance to have a fair life with her beloved SeHun.

"Goodbye JangMi."

 

The end~