Chapter 14

The Way He Stares

 

“What was that all about?” Heechul inquired. The small group of Super Junior members there understood a little English, but with it being screamed from Alyssa to Ginger rather quickly there was no way that they caught anything out of that argument.

“Nothing.” Alyssa replied haughtily.

“How do you call that nothing?” Siwon said. He was obviously irritated at what happened. Ginger was now running through the streets of New York at night, and she looked rich. Not a good combination in a big city. “Aren’t you two supposed to be best friends? Then why did you make her go running out into the night crying?”

Siwon didn’t even stay to hear an answer. He walked out of the hotel to come face to face with a group of ELFs that were screaming his name. He turned the opposite way of them and started running. He wanted to find Ginger. No, he needed to find her. The longer she wasn’t with him or the other guys the more dangerous it was for Ginger.

Sungmin pulled Alyssa to the side. If his and Ginger’s conversation was truth then he could pull the information out of the girl in front of him. “Alyssa, what was that fight about?”

“It was about Ginger being a like always, and stealing the things that I want out of my life.”

“What does that mean?”

“It means that Ginger knows you are my bias and she was trying to take you away from me.”

Sungmin immediately started laughing. He couldn’t help it because of the ridiculousness of this situation. Alyssa’s fight with Ginger might have cost her her best friend. She picked a fight when she had no information about their conversation.

“Sungmin!” Ginger exclaimed as he stepped foot outside of his room.

“Hi, Ginger. How are you?” Sungmin asked politely. She linked arms with him before she replied.

“I suppose that all depends on your answers to my questions.”

“Mwo?”

“It’s all about Alyssa.” Ginger giggled. “Nothing too bad.”

“Oh…um…okay.”

“So, do you like her?” Sungmin was taken aback by the forwardness of Ginger’s question. They walked out of the hotel suite before he decided to answer.

“Yeah, I do. Why do you ask?”

“Only because I know that you are her bias, but if Heechul decides to open his eyes and realize she is a Petal as well, then you could have some competition. If you are serious about liking her then you should do everything in your power to ensure that you stay her number one bias.”

Ginger’s words were very powerful. Sungmin had no idea what to do. The elevator ride down to the lobby was very quiet since no one got on, and the two of them didn’t say a word. As they stepped out of the elevator they noticed they were the first ones there. They stood off to the side to wait for everyone else.

“So if Heechul-hyung and I are Alyssa’s biases who are yours?”

“Siwon-oppa and Donghae-oppa.” Ginger blushed.

“So you’ve been dying the entire time this group all hangs out?”

“Yeah, pretty much.” Ginger nervously giggled.

“Aigoo, too cute!” Sungmin said, pinching Ginger’s cheek.

“Oppa!!”  Ginger exclaimed. “That hurts.”She pouted, but never took her arm out of his.

Donghae and Siwon came down a couple minutes later. They all conversed about nothing in particular. Mainly wondering how they would get past the crazy ELFs outside that were willing to stand out in the cold October night air of New York for hours on end, just to see their idols.

Lastly, Alyssa and Heechul came into the lobby. Sungmin hadn’t noticed those two walking towards them. He leaned over to Ginger to whisper something in her ear.

“You know, Siwon is starting to fall for you, right?” Sungmin informed Ginger.

“Are you sure? I mean he just met me, and you guys are famous.”

“Oh I’m positive. He’s falling for you hard. He rarely does that either.”

Ginger could only blush and nervously giggle in response.

Sungmin finished his story about what he and Ginger had talked about that night. Alyssa stood there in awe. She felt horrible. She made her best friend cry and run away. This situation went from amazing to horrible in just a matter of minutes, and it was all her fault.

“Come on. Let’s go to the restaurant. Nothing we can really do until one of them calls us.” Heechul said as he walked towards the door. “We’ll distract the fans while you sneak into the car, okay Alyssa?”

Alyssa only nodded. She knew she had to book it to the back of the car that would be waiting for them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Aish. Ginger, where are you?” Siwon said out loud to himself. He was currently walking through Central Park looking for Ginger. He had seen her turn into the park, but had soon lost her. He wandered around the park, through tunnels and around the pathways.

Siwon called Heechul after fifteen minutes of walking around the park and not finding Ginger.

“Hyung, where are you guys?” Siwon asked.

“We’re at Craft right now.”

“Okay. I’ll be there soon.”

He stopped a taxi and told the cabbie where to go. As the cab pulled out into traffic Siwon sent a text to Ginger.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Siwon walked into the restaurant and found Heechul, Sungmin, Donghae, and Alyssa. He sat down, well more like plopped down. He let out an exasperated sigh.

“Did you even see her?” Alyssa asked.

“I saw her run into Central Park, but then I lost her again.”

“She is good at blending into crowds. She always prides herself in that.” Alyssa solemnly said.  “It’s possible that you passed her and didn’t even know it.”

“I think I would have noticed her. I was the one that picked out the dress for her.”

“I’m surprised that she didn’t notice her bias running after her.”

“I’m Ginger’s bias?”

“Yeah. Didn’t you know that?”

“No, I didn’t.” Siwon tangled his hands through his hair, pulling slightly so there was some tolerable pain.

“Do you really like her? I may have messed up our friend ship tonight, but I still consider her my best friend. So I’m still protective of her. Even she knows that I know what is best for her when it comes to guys for her.”

“Yeah, I really do. I know it’s only been a couple days that I’ve gotten to get to know Ginger, but she’s had an impact on me. I had no idea that I was her bias until today. She treats me like a normal person. Not many people do that if they know that I’m an idol.”

“I think you’ve passed on my radar, Shisus.” Alyssa complimented. “Well done. Not many people pass the Alyssa test. Honestly, out of any of the guys Ginger likes I don’t think any have passed through me before.”

“If only I could have found her. I would have told her that I liked her.”

“Don’t worry. I already did that for you.” Sungmin snickered.

“If we weren’t in a restaurant full of people I would kick your . So be thankful.” Siwon said with a smile. He felt a little better, but he was still worried about Ginger.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginger had seen Siwon running after her when she turned into Central Park. She stood behind a group of trees as Siwon approached. She didn’t want to talk to anyone right then. She was too upset, and she was pretty sure that her makeup was running down her face. Something she did NOT want Siwon seeing. After he turned to leave did Ginger walk out from behind the trees.

She walked over to a bench and sat down. She watched families and couples walk happily past her. How she wished she could be as care-free as those people. That wasn’t possible though. Her best friend hated her and called her a . She felt terrible. Just then her phone went off. She looked down to see it was a text from Siwon.

Ginger, I tried going after you to talk, but I couldn’t find you. I’m going to Craft so I don’t keep everyone waiting. If you text me back soon, then I will have the taxi turn around and go back to get you. Please be okay and talk to me.

Ginger was touched by Siwon’s message. But she couldn’t bring herself to text him back. She sat on that bench for a few minutes more, just watching the people pass by. She just wanted to clear her head.

Ginger finally got up and walked back to the hotel. She made a stop at the bathroom in the lobby, so that she didn’t look too hideous for whoever opened the door to let her into the suite. It was only then that she decided to send Siwon a text. As she typed it out she started to cry yet again. She cried the whole elevator ride and while walking down the hall to their room. She knocked on the door.

“Ginger? What’s wrong?” The person who opened the door asked.

Ginger’s only response was to fall into him and cry even harder. Strong arms surrounded her and let her cry as the door shut with a click.