Taeyeon's Reality

Taeyeon's Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Look who's taller now!" 

And... Uploaded!

Taeyeon giggled to herself as she quickly keyed in the caption. She was in the midst of congratulating herself when Tiffany burst into their dressing room. She looked like she was in the middle of getting her hair prepped for the concert, but whatever had her excited was clearly more important than fitting on the latest Valentino dress, or even combing her hair for that matter. Before Taeyeon could even open to comment on Tiffany's hairdo, the girl had already shoved her phone in Taeyeon's face.

"Aww Taetae! That's so cute!" Tiffany gushed with her ridiculous hairdo quivering because of her excitement. Tiffany's phone was so close to Taeyeon's face, Taeyeon could barely make out what Tiffany was trying to show her.

Taeyeon saw that it was a photograph of her and Baekhyun backstage. They'd taken the photo a few hours ago, when they'd first arrived at Seoul stadium for SMTown Seoul 2015. She'd forced Baekhyun to bend his knees in a sort of half-squat position, before proudly extending her arm to take a selca. The photograph portrayed her grinning face and (short) Baekhyun's pouting one. But it was only after she got ready that she was able to post the photo. Regardless, it already had a two hundred likes, the photo having been posted five minutes ago.

That was not all. Below the post were comments flooding in every second.

"Aigoo Taeng-unnie... you're both so KYEOPTA!!"

"last long unnie and oppa!"

"Taetae who r u kidding? you'll never be as tall as baekkie!! >w<"

"TAEYEON!! i love u!!! say hi to baek oppa for me!"

"baekyeon! kekeke~ Tae, you'll always be the tallest girl in my heart <3"

"Taeyeon, hope you're happy with Baekhyun! #exoshidae #baekyeon #love"

 

Taeyeon smiled.

#baekyeon indeed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SM Artistes just finished their light dinner and were now preparing to go on stage. Taeyeon was with Tiffany and Jessica, who were talking about the new season of Gossip Girl. She was beginning to feel a little out of depth with all the "American girl" talk, and was just slipping away when two large hands suddenly planted themselves on her shoulders. Hard.

She squealed and spun around to see Baekhyun standing there, as tall as ever. Sure, he may be one of the shorter members in EXO, but as compared to a dwarf like herself, he was practically towering over her.

"Gotcha!! I SCARED YOU I SCARED YOU!!" he chuckled, clapping his hands wildly. Taeyeon shrieked with indignance but at the same time she couldn't help but laugh, which only made her produce some sort of battle cry. Of course this tickled Baekhyun even more and he was nearly doubled over with laughter. Noticing Baekhyun's pose, which incidentally made him shorter than her once again, Taeyeon smirked as she whipped out her phone and snapped a picture.

It only took two minutes before Tiffany came running over again, thankfully her hair looked presentable this time. 

The photo Taeyeon just took was one where she had her arm placed on the laughing Baekhyun's bent back, and Taeyeon herself had on a smug expression. Beneath the photo read the caption:

"Tall-yeon strikes again!? kekeke ^_^"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were standing side by side, hand in hand. Taeyeon held a pink microphone and Baekyun had a silver one. It was silent throughout. They were facing the crowd of fans and there was nothing but an black ocean. Baekhyun's hand squeezed Taeyeon's hand tighter, when suddenly, a soft pink glow lit up the middle of stadium.

Taeyeon squinted and saw that in the midst of the pink, were tinges of silver. More lights flickered on and Taeyeon saw that the pink light that were on formed a heart. The silver words spelled out something, and Taeyeon blinked a few times to read it. She saw...

"Last long," she heard Baekhyun whisper from next to her. Taeyeon could imagine her expression on the big screen above hers and Baekhyun's heads, it would have been one of shock, surprise, relief and glee. She blinked a few times, hoping that the fans wouldn't see her tears. It didn't matter, because Baekhyun ignored the music that was starting to play and pulled her into a tight hug. They only pulled away when the heard the music getting progressively louder. And when they did, the whole of Seoul Stadium was filled with pink and silver lights. Fans were cheering and clapping, some even wolf-whistling. 

The song was one of Taeyeon's ballads, but Baekhyun himself had become intimately familiar with it. Because it was now a duet.

 

Don't you know me?
The reason I'm here is you
My eyes are blinded
And I can't seem to speak
All I can do is just look out alone

My heart is hurting to its last bit like this
My fingertips are trembling like this
But I can only think of you

The person I miss like crazy
One word from you that I want to hear like crazy
I love you, I love you, where are you?
The person I long for, ingrained in my heart
I'm going to cherish you forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter