Final

Order Mixup

Kris grimaces as the strong smell of caffeine assaulted his nostrils. As much as he loves to drink coffee (with like 300 spoons of sugar), the bitter smell still bothered him. But if he wanted to survive his job today, he needs coffee and a biscuit from his favorite cafe asap. Chanyeol and Chen have been getting on his nerves like crazy lately. Despite being CEO to his law firm, those two trouble makers act as if he didn't have the power to fire the both of them with a snap of his fingers. Well, he can't fire them like that, if he just snapped his fingers, people would believe he's about to do a jazz number. Chanyeol had proposed to his longtime boyfriend, Jongie or something, and he refuses to sit his down, and Chen finding out he's the best man, has him bouncing off the walls with his best friend. Kris sighs as he thinks about the trouble they'll be doing today. He made a huge mistake letting Kyungsoo go on a vacation (even though he really deserved it).

Kris ignores the feeling of eyes piercing his neck and walks up to the counter, frowning that the usual barista isn't there. Sunny usually is able to get his order without him having to say anything. Kris doesn't really like speaking in the morning because he oddly sounds like a fire breathing dragon (aka his voice is so husky, he could start fires). He is by no means a morning person, taking five alarms at once to wake him up. He quickly orders his usual milk coffee with a biscuit at the barista named Minseok (and almost scaring the hell out of him) and looks at his watch. Forty minutes until he had to go to work, not bad. He can sit in the cafe and enjoy his treat. He scratches at the back of his neck when the feeling of someone looking increases by ten fold. Someone is usually always looking in his direction, but it never feels like this.

He quickly snatches his coffee from counter and slams the money down, sitting at his usual spot at the corner. He sits with his back towards the wall and takes a deep breath. He blinks and hears the chair in front of him scraping against the floor. He sees a rather pretty male with killer eyeliner staring at him as if he won the lottery.

"Uh?" Kris isn't rather conversational in the morning.

"You ordered for a biscuit, but I don't see it," The male practically purrs. "so I'll be the replacement."

Kris looks at him in confusion before looking down, and he is absolutely correct. He doesn't have a biscuit with his order. He must have forgot to pick it up, the staring distract— oh, was it this guy that was staring at him?

"My biscuit." Kris whispered sadly as he stared down next to his coffee.

"Baekhyun." The male flutters his eyebrows and sends him a killer smile. 

"Kris?" Kris felt breathless. 

"Is that your name or are you asking me?" Baekhyun laughs and leans forward. 

"My name." He blurts out and a blush coats his cheeks. He's usually the cold type, but this Baekhyun seems to completely destroy that wall he practiced building.

"Are you shy?" Baekhyun whispers excitedly and looks ready to kidnap Kris from his seat.

Kris is praying that a large hole opens up and swallows him. There's a reason why he's been single for so long, he has horrible people skills and can't flirt for his life.

"Yes?" Kris squeaks out and pushes down the urge to cover his face with his hands, a habit that he is self conscious of. He looks down at his watch and sees that he has to go to work in twenty minutes. He grabs his coffee and gives a small bow to Baekhyun.

"I, uh, have to go to work." And he high tails it out of there, apologizing to a school girl he almost ran over.

Baekhyun pouts and gets up from his seat, heading to behind the counter.

"I usually see guys running towards you, not away from you." Minseok smiles as he readies up a cappuccino. 

"I will make him mine," Baekhyun grumbles as he ties his apron. "he's my soulmate, definitely."

"That's what you said about Luhan." Minseok counters.

"Well, everyone thinks that Luhan is their soulmate, he's stunning."

"And this guy?" Minseok bids a farewell to a customer and raises an eyebrow at Baekhyun.

"Drop dead gorgeous." Baekhyun growls and puts hot milk into a cup. 

"He is pretty hot," Minseok blinks at Baekyhun's glare. "I'm not going to steal him."

"Good." Baekhyun huffs before slamming down an order on the counter. Minseok just shakes his head, failing to remind Baekhyun that he is happily dating Kim Junmyeon.

xoxo

"You got hit on?" Chanyeol mimics.

"And you ran away?" Chen loses it.

"I'm not good with people and feelings." Kris hisses and moves to whack Chen's head. He dodges and sticks his tongue out, laughing gleefully. 

"What was the guy's name?" Chanyeol looks at his boss with confusion.

"Baekhyun." Kris grunts as he grabs a folder to use as a weapon against a still laughing Chen.

"As in Byun Baekhyun?" Chen and Chanyeol say simultaneously, staring at Kris in shock. 

"I don't know his last name." Kris stares at them weirdly.

"Does he have a great smile?" Chanyeol grimaces.

"Eyeliner that looks professionally done?" Chen mirrors Chanyeol's expression.

"Yeah, that's correct." Kris blinks.

"Stay away from him!" Chanyeol points his finger in Kris' face.

"Off limits." Chen makes an 'X' with his arms. 

"How come?" 

"He's been with Luhan, Taeyeon, Sehun, Tiffany, Sulli, Lay and Tao." Chanyeol counts with his fingers.

Kris vaguely remembers that those are friends of Chanyeol, he has met them more than once but he has never considered them to be his friends. Luhan kept trying to get into his pants, though. As handsome as the guy is, Kris is really not interested.

"Is it bad for a guy to have dated more than once?" Kris leans back into his chair.

"He's a heartbreaker." Chanyeol says flatly.

"Last thing we need is a moping and sulking Kris over a breakup." Chen crosses his arms.

"Whoa, whoa, wait," Kris snorts. "I never mentioned that I wanted to date him."

"But he came up to you." Chen whines.

"That means he's interested." Chanyeol nods repeatedly. 

Kris rubs at his temples when he kicks the troublemakers out of his office. It is only ten a.m and he has a rather large headache. They kept telling him to stay as far away from Baekhyun as possible, but that meant not going to his favorite cafe. He'd rather marry Chen than stay away from that place. They made the best coffee and pastries, in his opinion. Was Baekhyun really that much of a bad guy? Having bad relationships isn't a myth, maybe it didn't work out between Baekhyun and any of those people. Kris shakes his head and erases any thoughts about Baekhyun. He's never thought about relationships and has never been in one. He hasn't even had his first kiss or first love yet. It is only a matter of time before his own mother comes flying in with a battering ram, explaining that she was going to arrange his marriage if he didn't date soon. Kris shudders in horror, already picturing the type of girls and boys his mother would line up in front of him to choose from as if they were toys.

Hours later, Kris leaves work with a half hearted wave towards his two friends and leaves the building, strongly craving the biscuit he didn't have this morning. He hums in his mind, already picturing the icing on his beloved biscuit as it descends into his mouth. He opens the door to the cafe, nodding to a passing ahjumma who thanked him for opening the door. He spots Baekhyun at the cash register and almost flies into space (where he belongs) out of shock. He did not expect that Baekhyun worked at his favorite cafe. He pushes aside the feeling of happiness that sparks in his chest for a second. He frowns and slowly walks up to Sunny (who he almost yells at for not being there this morning) and she gives him a happy wave.

"Hi, oppa!" She grins and picks up a paper bag from underneath the counter. "I heard you didn't pick up your biscuit by accident."

He doesn't miss the look she shoots at a staring Baekhyun. He inclines his head in embarrassment and nods in thanks, grabbing the bag and almost leaves the cafe if Baekhyun didn't call him out.

"Kris!" He enthusiastically waves at him, looking ready to jump over the cash register and walk up to him.

Kris gives him a small wave out of politeness and turns around, knocking into another school girl. His bag goes flying out of his hand, landing face down on the floor. Kris stops and he pterodactyl screeches in his mind, because his mother told him years ago that screeching like that out loud makes him less of a man and he will be alone for the rest of his life. He does let out a small whimper when he grabs the bag and the biscuit lands on the floor. 

"My biscuit." Kris sighs sadly and picks it up, throwing it out and apologizing to the school girl. It seems that fifteen year old females are out to get him and his bisuits. He blinks and sees an identical paper brown bag in his vision.

"This is on the house," Baekhyun flashes him a smile. "you seem to really like our biscuits, according to Sunny."

Kris looks passed him to see Sunny giving him a sympathetic look and feels a gummy smile erupting from his lips. His precious biscuit. Baekhyun looks ready to jump him right then and there as Kris grabs the bag from him, voicing out his thanks. He has never seen a smile like that.

"You smile like an angel." Baekhyun sounds breathless as he stares up at Kris in wonder. Kris almost drops the bag in shock, not realizing he smiled, and sends Baekhyun a glare and said male grins in apology. 

"You should hold it carefully, it would if you lost your biscuit for the third time." 

Kris grunts and nods to him goodbye and leaves the cafe.

Sunny whistles when Baekhyun returns to the counter, "Minseok was right. He didn't fall at your feet."

Baekhyun throws straws at her in response.

xoxo

"You son of a giraffe loving ." Baekhyun spits out as he chases Chanyeol around his living room later that evening.

"You shouldn't say such bad words about my mother, Baek." Chanyeol wheezes as he dodges a shoe.

"Sorry, your mother is a respected member of the community, it's you who is the piece of ." Baekhyun hisses out, ready to strangle the taller male.

"Why the hell didn't tell me you are friends with that Adonis?!"

"I'm not letting you take Kris' innocence!" Chanyeol squawks as he stubs his toe. He knew he should have kept his mouth shut as Baekhyun talked about Kris.

"Innocence?" Baekhyun stops and blinks at his friend for twenty five years.

"Kris has never been in a relationship or had his first kiss yet." Chanyeol lets out quickly, taking in a deep breath.

"That means I can be his first love?" Baekhyun squeals and jumps onto the couch in happiness.

"No, no, no!" Chanyeol hisses. "You are going nowhere near him."

"Why not?" Baekhyun whines and stomps his foot.

"Because your reputation for relationships isn't the best." Chanyeol scowls. 

"That's because none of them were my soulmate," Baekhyun glares at him. "Kris totally is!"

"How can you be so sure?" 

"Because when I first saw him, my chest tightened and it felt like my heart was being squeezed."

"You might have heartburn."

"Shut up, let me finish!" Baekhyun throws a couch cushion.

"It's like light opened up past my cloudy skies, illuminating his whole body. When we made eye contact, I almost died on the spot. It's like that feeling you get when you watch cherry blossom trees in the spring, as the wind goes through its branches and drops the petals into your hair." Baekhyun sighs dreamily. 

Chanyeol lets out a low whistle, "You sound whipped, Baekhyun."

Silence. 

"I'm calling the police." 

"Chanyeol, I swear to God."

xoxo

Kris is absolutely positive that he ordered his coffee with just a biscuit when he returns to the cafe after two weeks of attempting to avoid it. He can't stay away from this place (and a certain someone). 'Baekhyun' isn't on the receipt, so he has no idea why the smaller male is sitting in front of him, acting as if he ordered for his company. Baekhyun isn't even saying anything, just watching him as he sips his coffee and gets ready to eat his precious biscuit. It's not that he doesn't like Baekhyun, it's just that he tends to be a total dweeb whenever someone stares at him.

And be a total dweeb he did. 

He gets ready to bite the biscuit and when he makes eye contact with the staring Baekhyun, he drops and it lands on the floor. He manages to curse in many languages in his head, because his mother told him many years ago that cursing out loud is very bad and he will be struck by lightning. He is clearly a mama's boy. He stares in sadness at his fallen biscuit and looks up to see a new biscuit on the table.

"Wha?"

"You're hot, shy and a klutz, could you be any more perfect?" Baekhyun practically purrs, answering Kris' question of who clearly got him the new biscuit.

"Uh?" Kris has lost the ability to speak.

"I'll feed it to you," Baekhyun grabs the biscuit and rips off a piece, leaning forward to bring it to Kris' lips. "open wide."

Kris is too dumb and still sad about his biscuit, so he opens his mouth and lets Baekhyun put the piece into his mouth. He absolutely, no way, did not mean to close his mouth around Baekhyun's fingers, giving them an accidental as he pulls back. Kris almost dies in his seat as Baekhyun looks at him with a lustful gaze, not at all disgusted with Kris' saliva covering his fingers. He crosses his legs, fearing for his life (and innocence) as Baekhyun his lips.

"Thanks?" Kris cringes and looks at his watch. Thirty minutes until work, . He tries to put on a stoic face but fails miserably as Baekhyun sees right through him.

"Want me to feed the rest to you?" He smirks. 

Kris slowly shakes his head and clears his throat, "Have to go to work." He quickly gets up, shooting a small look to the fallen biscuit on the floor, praying for its safe journey to pastry heaven. He walks passed Baekhyun, only for the male to grab his wrist with surprising strength and stop him in his tracks.

"Don't lie, I know you work with Chanyeol and you go in at the same time he does."

Kris prays that he becomes a biscuit like right now, immediately. He'd rather be a pastry than deal with really pretty guys.

"You don't like me?" Baekhyun pouts up at him. Kris feels himself melt at how cute Baekhyun looks right now and he has this really odd sensation of wanting to kiss him.

"N-No, I do." Kris' voice drops an octave lower, a habit whenever he gets nervous. It seems to fuel Baekhyun on. Kris notices that the cafe is empty, and that Sunny isn't at her post behind the counter. 

"So, why aren't we kissing?" Baekhyun frowns.

"I just met you." Kris mimics his frown.

"So?" Baekhyun stomps his foot.

"Don't people go out on dates first?" Kris frowns.

"Nope, they kiss and decide to date when they think that the other kisses well." Baekhyun spews bull out of his mouth, hoping that Chanyeol was right when he said that Kris is rather naive, despite being twenty eight years old and being a CEO to one of the best law firms in the country. Kris is rather strange.

"Really?" Kris looks at him with curiosity. Baekhyun nods quickly, trying not to grin like the little he is.

"We should totally kiss and see if we're made for each other." He winks and almost karate chops Kris' face off in shock when the taller male leans down and pecks him on the lips.

"Like that?" Kris tilts his head.

"Do that again." Baekhyun says breathlessly. Kris obeys and gives him another peck, not really skilled with full on kissing.

Kris smiles shyly and takes a step back, red in the face. He waves goodbye and leaves the cafe, taking Baekhyun's heart with him. 

xoxo

Chen looks ready to throw Kris into the trash where he belongs when he confesses that he kissed Baekhyun. 

"Are you nuts?" Chen hisses.

Chanyeol is oddly silent as he stares at Kris.

"It was just two quick pecks." Kris groans and slams his head onto his desk in embarrassment. 

"We told you to stay away from him!"

"He works at my favorite cafe." He moans in despair.

"He didn't touch your or anything?" Chanyeol blurts out and the other two males in the room stare at him weirdly.

"What?" Kris rubs his forehead.

"He wasn't a total ert?" Chanyeol's eyebrows shoot up to his hairline.

"No?"

"Holy ." Chen whispers in awe.

"So, you guys kissed like a normal couple." Chanyeol rubs his chin.

"Eh?"

"Baekhyun is in love with you." Chen slams his hand on Kris' desk.

"EH?"

"Amazing." Chanyeol nods his head in agreement. 

"We just met." Kris says flatly, putting on his face.

"You don't believe in soulmates?" Chen winks at his boss.

"Soulmates?" Kris mimics.

"You know, red string of fate kind of stuff." Chanyeol waves his hand nonchalantly.

Kris sighs and puts his head back down on his desk.

"You two should totally date, your mom would love him." Chanyeol grins.

Kris' head shoots up so fast, he almost breaks his neck.

"Really?" At the mention of his mother, Kris is reeled in completely. 

"Definitely." Chen smirks. 

"You guys were just telling me to stay away from him, now we should date?" Kris frowns.

"Just do it, you trashy noodle." Chen snaps.

Kris grumbles and raises his hands in surrender, threatening to cut their paychecks if they don't leave his office immediately. 

xoxo

Kris is back at the cafe on the weekend and it's his turn to stare. Baekhyun is sipping on a cup of cappuccino, eyes closed in bliss.

"Am I your boyfriend by default?" Kris furrows his eyebrows as Baekhyun splutters and chokes.

"W-What?"

"You said, that if the person likes the kiss, they should date." Kris recalls. 

"Shouldn't we go out to dinner first?" Baekhyun dabs his face with a napkin. He has died and gone to heaven. This must be a dream.

"I'd rather just kiss you again." Kris' face scrunches up with distaste at the idea of going to a restaurant. If Baekhyun wasn't dead before, he's definitely dead now.

"Why's that?" Baekhyun tilts his head.

"Because I'm not good with things like that." Kris grimaces, already picturing the disaster of flying pasta and broken plates. Baekhyun would hate him forever.

"Ah, right." Baekhyun nods, already picturing the pasta flying into Kris' face.

"Chanyeol says we're soulmates, so we should just skip all of that and get married." Kris huffs.

"Eh?" Baekhyun's eyes go wide.

"Kidding." Kris chuckles and shakes his head. Baekhyun ignores the feeling of hope in his chest at the fact that this could be a real relationship and a one that lasts longer than his exs during (ouch).

"If we're gonna go on a date," Kris hums. "we should go to the park."

"Oh?"

"Cherry blossom season." Kris' gummy smile appears and Baekhyun melts in his seat. 

He's perfect.

He's absolutely perfect.

xoxo

Kris shyly grabs Baekhyun's hand once they reach the park. Baekhyun stops himself from coo'ing and pinching Kris' cheeks. He just got the guy, he doesn't want to drive him away. They reach the cherry blossoms, enjoying the spring breeze as they pass by excited children with their worried mothers. 

"This is my favorite place in the whole park." Kris confesses as he stares up at the sky.

"Really?" Baekhyun can't help but stare at his face with unconcealed wonder. 

"My mom told me to take my favorite person to my favorite place." Kris rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"I'm your favorite person?" Baekhyun teases and pokes his side.

"Well, you're definitely above Chanyeol and Chen." Kris grunts as he swats his hand away. 

"Good." 

They stood their in silence as they stare at the trees, closing their eyes simultaneously when the petals begin to fall. 

"I like this feeling," Kris breathes out. "the feeling you get when you watch cherry blossom trees in the spring, as the wind goes through its branches and drops the petals into your hair."

Baekhyun's eyes snap open and he turns to Kris in shock. The taller male still has his eyes closed as he smiles.

"You know what that feeling is also like?" Baekhyun whispers as Kris slowly opens his eyes and looks down at him.

"What?"

"Love."

xoxo

It takes Kris two months to not be a total nerd whenever he's around Baekhyun. He becomes a klutz and an idiot in the presence of his boyfriend, but Baekhyun isn't complaining. Baekhyun is not afraid to admit that he's head over heels in love with Kris but the taller male is too shy and scared to tell him the three words back. But that's okay with Baekhyun. Even if it happens when they're looking at the cherry blossoms next spring, he won't mind. Even if it takes until the next spring after that or the next after that.

He'll wait.

Because Kris stole his heart and he doesn't want it back.