met a girl, crazy for me

summer loving

Tell me more, tell me more
Was it love at first sight?

Of course it was love at first sight. Hyuntae remembered exactly when, where and how he and his girlfriend had met. That fateful day... it had been a regular day. Hyuntae would, during a break from dance practice and whatnot, make a small trip from the company building to a nearby shop to buy a cold drink. That particular day, however, the gods decided to plant their most beautiful creation in front of him. As Hyuntae was waiting for his drink, a girl he'd never seen around before walked in, ordered a drink and stood next to him. They were quiet for a few moments; Hyuntae was trying his best to admire this girl's gorgeous features without looking like a creep.

"Been running?"

Silence.

"Been running?" louder this time.

Hyuntae stopped staring at the girl's legs and snapped his head up. "What? Sorry?"

"I said, 'been running?' You look tired." the girl replied, smiling slightly.

"Oh," Hyuntae cleared his throat and assumed the classic hi-i'm-laid-back-but-i'm-interested position, leaning against the counter. "I've been dancing. It's practice. You see, I'm...we're training. My group, I mean. I'm gonna be an idol."

The girl gasped, a mixture of surprise and excitement crossing her pretty face. "Oh my god, that's so cool! What's your position?"

"Rapper. And maknae. You know, the youngest have the most energy," he said with a wink before immediately regretting it. Jesus, why the hell did I say that? Why the hell did I wink? Maybe I should try to play it off as a nervous tick.

To Hyuntae's relief, the girl laughed. "I bet. Well, does that make me your first fan?" she held out her hand. "I'm Jade, by the way."

Hyuntae shook it, grinning. "I suppose it does, we don't debut for another few months. I'm Hyuntae."

"Then, do I get special privileges?" Jade smiled at him, her big, innocent eyes making him weak.

Yeah, unrestricted access to the inside of my pants. "I'll definitely reserve something for you when we debut," he answered, and at the same time, both of their drinks were placed in front of them. They thanked the person at the counter and walked out together.

"Hey, so, Jade..." Hyuntae said after taking a sip of his drink. "...I was wondering. You know, if I could have your email or number or something...for those, um, special privileges..."

"If you want to talk to me more, just say so, silly," Jade took a marker from her bag and wrote a set of digits on the back of Hyuntae's hand. "I have to go now," she held his hand for a few seconds, smiling that alluring smile of hers. "I can't wait for your debut, maknae."

Hyuntae watched, open-mouthed as she walked away. He stared at the numbers on his hand, and a huge silly lovesick grin spread across his face. See? I knew it. My undeniable aura of swag will score me a gorgeous girl any day.

However, this proved not just to be some "gorgeous girl". Hyuntae mustered enough courage to call the number and he and Jade would talk and laugh and joke for hours on end every night. They started meeting and soon enough, were a couple. All thanks to the thirst for a cold drink.

Now, Hyuntae was half-asleep, drowning blissfully in these memories. Why was he so sentimental? Because today was their six-month anniversary. And he'd planned a surprise trip to the beach.

He stretched and yawned, the sheets tangled between his legs. He reached over to wrap his arms around his girlfriend but...she was...gone?

Hyuntae's eyes popped open and he shot out of bed. Jade was nowhere to be seen. Panic racked through his body and he ran out of the room, only to be smacked in the face by a delicious, sweet smell.

He felt the familiar silly, stupid grin come back as he tiptoed to the kitchen.