A life without him

Almost [Based on a true story]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

[CONTENTID1], you're awesome! :)   [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] My life without him is a blur...   [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

     

  June 2014

 

         I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I didn’t look ravishing or hideous. I looked… what should I say? Human? Well, I had dry hair, huge pores, a lot of blackheads and uneven nose. I didn’t wear branded clothes often and I didn’t have diamonds to call my best friend. I was a mundane.  I was normal. I had my glorious moments of head turning and second glances but those were not enough.

         “Miyoung! What are you doing?! Hurry up or you’ll be late on your first day!” That’s my mom shouting outside. “I’m coming!” I looked at myself in the mirror for the last time and smiled. I was good to go.

         “What were you doing? I thought you’ve already suffocated in your room,” she said while watching her favorite morning show. “HAHA. You’re funny mom. I was putting a little make up. I need to go. Where’s dad?” I asked as I a wandered around our house. “He went out to jog… he’s getting old.”  I chuckled and kissed her goodbye.

         I loved my family. They became my strength since Yunho stopped being my friend. I had a brother and a sister. My brother’s name was Leo. He was living now in the Philippines with his wife while my older sister’s name was Michelle. I hadn’t heard anything from her since she moved to Cali. She’s 8 years older than me and Leo was 1 year older. I hoped that they’re doing fine.

 

         I headed out the door and started walking. I hoped I didn’t miss the bus or else I would be late. I could still remember Henry from time to time. His brother and I were still talking online. He still wanted me for his brother. But we broke up 3 years ago…

 

         A month after I met Yunho…

         “We need to talk”

         I stared at my computer. This was it. Henry was going to break up with me. “Why?” I asked. I saw this one coming. We didn’t talk anymore. I knew that he would break up with me sooner or later.

          “I met a girl and I think I love her. I still love you but I love her too.” I couldn’t believe this guy! He was choosing her over me. His girlfriend for a year! I couldn’t believe this was happening to me. I couldn’t…

         “I want you to be happy. I can’t give you that anymore.”

         “Please, Henry. I love you. We could work this out. Don’t leave me… please.” I begged.

         “I’m sorry Tiffany. It’s over. Goodbye.”

         Henry and I broke up before Christmas. I didn’t cry. I just stared at my computer, rereading our break up conversation. How did he meet this girl? While reviewing for his licensure exam, he met Victoria. I was not sure if that’s her name. I saw her on his Facebook. They seemed very close because they had a lot of pictures. I was jealous.

 

         “Are you okay?” Sunny asked. She was visiting my house to comfort and show her undying love for me. She was my best friend. We had been friends since childhood. She’s short and fluffy. Was fluffy an appropriate word to describe how cute she was?

         “I’m not. I miss him but I also hate him for leaving me.” I replied before eating a mouthful of popcorn. Sunny stared at me and patted my back. “You know Tiff?” She was not going to lecture me, was she?

         “You dated him for a year but I never saw him. During your anniversary, you gave him this scrapbook you’d made but he didn’t give you anything. You gave him a lot! He promised that he’ll make it up to you but what happened? You got your heart broken.”

         Sunny was right. We only talked online and I only saw him thrice. We dated for a year but it felt like he was just my virtual boyfriend. “He only gave me this cheap phone strap.” I commented and showed her my phone. Sunny shook her head frantically.

         “Eww! Really?!”

         “Really. Really.”

          “Please take that away…” She snatch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter