chapter 5- the dinner

The 3 Magic Doors

Chapter 5:

"So... you live here". She said looking at the big tent. "Don't you prefer to live inside a house. This doesn't seem very comfortable".

 

"Nah, I'm used to it. Let's go! You must be hungry". He said signaling her to enter first. When she did, the boy followed her inside."What do you want to eat?" He asked turning to look at her, who was sitting on his sleeping bag looking around. In the inside it was big, there was a sleeping bag in the floor, a table, some books, a wardrobe, and even a fridge, a stove and a lamp, how did they work without without a socket? She didn't know, but apparently they worked.

 

Shiyoung looked at him. "Whatever you have its okay". She replied smiling like always.

 

His heart pounded fast inside of his chest as he chuckled trying to act as normal as possible. "Well then, hamatoburger it'll be!"

 

"Hamatoburger? Seriously?" She repeated chuckling amusedly.

 

"Yeah! What's wrong with that?!" Junhong exclaimed.

 

The girl tried to keep her serious facade, but she really couldn't. She laughed out loud and tears were steaming out of her face. He was just waiting for her to stop, keeping his poker face. Minutes passed and the girl was still laughing, until Shiyoung remembered that she was with a soldier and the discipline between them was needed, so she stopped. Somehow, the boy was really comfortable to be with, even though during the walk to the tent it was very awkward. She was starting to wonder why did he become a militar. It was very difficult for her to treat him like a cadet, but like a normal person.

 

"Did you already finish?" He asked seriously. Now, he sounded like a real soldier.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry". Shiyoung apologized to him.

 

"If you don't want to eat it you don't have to". He said, but he didn't sound angry, instead he looked dissapointed.

 

'Oh no, he probably thought that I was making fun of him, his planet, his race'. She thought. "What?! No! I want to! I just thought that it sounded funny! On Earth they're called hamburgers". She tried to correct what she did wrong.

 

'How could I be that stupid?! She would never look at me that way. She's just grateful that I saved her life. She'll always see me as a monster. I'm not like her. She'll go back to Earth, get a boyfriend, marry him and have babies with him. Stupid Junhong! Stupid!' He scolded himself in his mind, but the boy didn't show it. He just stayed as serious as possible. "Okay, then just wait there. I'll prepare it". He said taking the ingredients to the table.

 

"No! I want to help you!" She begged making aegyo.

 

"If you want to".

 

She jumped from her seat and ran to the table to help him with whatever he needed.

 

Both of them worked in silence and the awkward feeling surrounded them once more.

 

"How do those things work without a socket?" Shiyoung asked him breaking the silence.

 

"The tent has solar panels, the energy is all around the tent, and the refrigerator, the stove and the lamp have energy magnets as bases". He explained without looking at her, taking the mateat (meat) to the stove.

 

"I didn't see any solar panels when I entered". She commented trying to recall the scene when she was outside.

 

"The Mato scientifics found a way to make any material a solar panel. It's not like it is on Earth. Here we can mix the materials. As you can see there, that lamp isn't just a lamp. It is also a security camera". He explained pointing with his finger the lamp that was lying on the floor.

 

"Really?!"

 

His lips formed a tiny smile that was almost unnoticeable and nodded. She was adorable.The young man started to wonder what did that girl ever do to deserve what was going to come next. She didn't know how much difficult it was going to be. The probabilities of winning the war against king Zico were almost a zero percent. But he was not there to take her down, but to help her to fight for her life, and he was going to do that. Probably he couldn't win her heart, but he could win her friendship.

 

They both finished their hamatoburgers, and sat on the table to have a peaceful dinner. They were both in silence, but at least it wasn't awkward. He took the first bite and signaled her to eat it. She was unsure of doing it since it wasn't terrestrial food.

 

"What are you waiting for?" Junhong asked.

 

She looked at her hamburger and hesitantly took her first bite. Once in , she started munching it and savoring the strange food. Her eyes widened when her tongue tasted the piece. It was delicious!!! It was the most delicious thing she had ever tasted. "OMG!" Shiyoung exclaimed.

 

"What? Doesn't it taste good?" Junhong asked worriedly.

 

"A shou kirin? Tish is ti bes tik I haf evo trajed!". She said munching her food.

 

"What did you say?" Junhong asked confusedly.

 

"Are you kidding? This is the best thing I have ever tried!" The teenager exclaimed lifting her arms up as if she was in heaven.

 

He chuckled and took another bite of his hamburger. "Hahahaha you're so silly!"

 

"Yah!" She yelled punching his arm playfully.

 

"Wow! You're so rude! Please don't kill me!" He joked sarcastically laughing after it.

 

She laughed out loud until tears were streaming out of her face. "Yah!! Haha Ju- hahaha Junhong-ssi hahaha you're so funny hahahaha". She said between her laughs.

 

When the funny atmosphere died, both of them ate dinner quietly and enjoyed their company. Somehow, sitting with Junhong on the table reminded her the way she enjoyed eating food with her brothers. She was angry at them, but the girl still loved them deep in her heart. She missed the strict and loving Kris, the calmed Suho, the smart Xiumin, the nice Lay, the caring Kyungsoo, the annoying Luhan, the respectful Chen, the smily Baekhyun, the shy Chanyeol, the glutton Kai, the evil Tao, and the irresponsible Sehun. Just that her anger masked all her love.

 

Once they finished, she helped Junhong to clean the table, even though he told her that he could do it, but she wanted, she wanted to thank him for saving her. "Junhong-ssi..."

 

"Hm". He hummed in response.

 

"I wanted to thank you for saving my life out there".

 

He smiled. "You're welcome".

 

Once everything was settled down, Junhong handed her the sleeping bag where she was going to sleep. She extended it over the floor and afterwards the girl lied down. "Good night Junhong-ssi".

 

"Good night Shiyoung".