sorry

Married To A Brat

"D-Donghae." Hyuk stammered, pulling himself completely off of Jiyeon.

Hae did not say anything else. His body moved on its own and the next moment, his hand came out to strike his husband square in the face. Hard.

"That's for your bull 'I love you'." He spat, turning on his heel and walking out of the disgusting bathroom where he'd found the two. Just as he was about to go back into the banquet hall - simply to retrieve his jacket, he planned on going home right after - he was pulled back and slammed against the hallway wall.

"Lee Donghae hear me out." Hyuk spoke low, though his eyes were practically pleading.

Donghae scoffed, eyes skimming over the red cheek Hyuk was carrying. "Don't worry Hyuk, I won't go inside and make a scene. I'm just going to get my jacket and ride a cab home so you can continue cheating on me with a light heart."

"If you want to go home I can drive you home." Hyuk retorted, swallowing hard.

Hae looked up sharply. "Do you ing think acting like I didn't just see you kissing another girl after you told me you loved me is going to make me forget it happened?"

Hyuk bit his lip. "I didn't kiss her."

"You were going to and that's the same damn thing." Hae spat, jerking his wrist out of the taller's hand. "Now off."

Hyuk stood there, watching as Hae stomped into the banquet hall to get his coat. When Hae came out, Hyukjae still stood in the same spot. He scowled, walking right past him. Hyuk quietly followed.

"Stop ing following me."

"Hae please don't be like this." Hyuk's small voice came from the back.

Donghae stopped in his tracks, turning around suddenly. His eyes were ablaze.

"Don't ing be like this? You're telling me not to act like this when I just saw my husband's eyes practically make love to another person, his ex-girlfriend none less? What's more is that it's right after he told me loved me."

"Well it's not like you ever said anything about loving me back! What right do you have over me when you're too ing afraid to tell me you love me too!"

"So you ing go around kissing everyone you can get?"

"For the last time, I didn't ing kiss her!" Hyuk shouted, raising his voice for the first time in the conversation. It shook Hae, who stood open-mouthed, shivering in the icy January air.

Hyuk sighed, watching his husband shiver like a baby and opened the car door. With a defeated voice, he muttered, "Get in."

Hae clenched his jaw, climbing into the car. The door slammed shut before Hyuk entered the car as well. For a long time, no one said anything, neither did anyone do anything. The two just sat quietly, Hae not looking at Hyuk and the latter refusing to start the car until he did.

"I'm sorry." Hyuk finally said, his voice sounding lost of all hope. "I'm sorry for thinking that rekindling my relationship with Jiyeon would be easier than making you fall in love with me."

Hae bit his lip, digesting the words with a heavy heart. He finally looked towards his husband, who's shoulders hung low and defeated.

"Donghae, I've loved you more in these few months than I have loved Jiyeon in the fourteen years I've known her. But you, I," Hyuk's voice broke. "This hurts more than my entire relationship with Jiyeon ever hurt me. Constantly showing affection to you, knowing that you're not taking me seriously, it kills me. Little by little, everyday. And in the moment that Jiyeon asked me to be with her tonight, I wanted to say yes, because I knew she wouldn't hurt me. She couldn't."

Donghae felt his heart ache as he heard the shaky voice murmur, "Only you can hurt me that much." And once again, his body acted on its own and he was kissing the boy. It started rough, with a single slam of the lips but molded into a sweet, reassuring kiss. Tongues peaked out, as Hyuk explored Hae's cavern completely. He swirled his tongue around Hae's, causing him to gasp.

"I'm sorry, Hae." Hyuk whispered, resting his forehead on Donghae's.

Hae sighed, cupping Hyuk's cheek and caressing it with his thumb. "I forgive you, you big baby. Now stop crying."

Hyuk chuckled through his tears, wiping off his wet cheeks. "I'm not crying, what're you talking about."

"Yeah, whatever you say." Hae rolled his eyes.

 

When they reached their home, Hae had long fallen asleep. His fingers were tangled with Hyuk's, occasionally squeezing. Hyukjae chuckled, cutting the engine. He carefully unhooked their fingers, before exiting the car. He ran to Hae's door, heaving the sleepy man out and carrying him into the house.

When Hyuk gently laid Hae down on the bed, tucking him in and peeling off his socks and tie, he heard the elder muttering in his sleep. He giggled, when he heard words like idiot and poopyhead, wondering who they were about.

"Silly poopyhead I do love you… Stupid monkey." Hae muttered some more.

Hyuk felt his heart momentarily stop, as he let the words sink in. Silly poopy-head. Stupid Monkey. If he didn't know any better, he'd think the words were directed towards him. His eyes widened.

Lee Donghae loved him too, that lying son of a .