Part 1

Slackers

“The Lord is testing me,” the brunet whispered upon having his roommate’s boxers thrown in his face. 

“Yunho! Come on! It’s our first day, drag your lazy out of bed and help me find something to wear.”

The latter groaned and rolled out of bed as a string of muffled curse words slipped past his heart-shaped lips. 

“It’s college, Jae. No one cares what you look like.”

“I’ve watched enough college movies to know exactly what the deal is. You’re my boyfriend and you’re telling me it doesn’t matter how I dress? I mean, would it kill you to compliment me once in a while?”

Yunho smiled and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend’s petit waist. He looked into his eyes and whispered, “your face. I like that .”

The blond rolled his eyes and wiggled out of the strong grip the taller man had on him.

Yunho raked his fingers through his hair, muttering something that sounded like mockery, strangely enough. “You seem awfully excited for someone who cheated their way through high school.”

“Hey, you and me both, man.” 

Yes. Yunho and Jaejoong had done it all. They had dressed up as janitors and “accidentally” stolen the answers for three upcoming tests from their math teacher’s office. They nailed the tests and had their names put on the school’s “wall of fame for exceptional accomplishments” by the following week. They had forged a letter from the IRS to their Spanish teacher, giving each other thumbs-up when she postponed the exam, giving them more time to figure out how to steal the answers. 

There wasn’t anything they hadn’t done, and they weren’t exactly planning on working their asses off in college when they could just continue their streak of dishonestly. After all, it didn’t hurt anyone, and they were positive they would never get caught. 

“Whatever. What’s our first class?”

“We’re supposed to be in the lecture hall in 10 minutes. We’ll probably just do boring stuff today and no actual classes. Hey, wanna skip class and go make out under the bleachers in the gym?"

Yunho gave his boyfriend a disapproving look.  “Are you serious? Because I wouldn’t mind—”

“I wasn’t being serious, you bastard,” the blond replied with a smirk. “Anyway, look on the bright side,” Jaejoong continued. “We’ll be able to meet our professors and sought out the lazy and inattentive ones. Also, I have the blueprints of the entire school.”

The brunet sighed, crossing his arms. “Fine.”

“Come on, we’re gonna be late.”

“, I don’t even have any clean shirts.”

“Borrow one of my shirts then.”

“No! Your shirts are so tight. It feels like I’m being reborn every time I put one on.”

Jaejoong smacked him on the back of the head. “If you did your own laundry, you wouldn’t have to.”

“Whatever. This sure beats living at home, though.”

“Little sister being a snarky little terrorist?”

“Yes. She leaves her Lego everywhere for me to step on. I swear stepping on Lego is like stepping on first world mines.”

Jaejoong slipped into a silver jacket, complimenting himself on the excellent choice. His boyfriend, on the other hand, was still struggling to find a shirt that would fit him.

“Let’s go, Jung. College is gonna be a walk in the park.”

Their dorm was a rather quiet one, but then again, it was the first day and it was early. Surely things would pick up towards the end of the week. The couple pushed past clusters of different people, ignoring the nasty looks they got in return.


“This is like the Pineapple Garden Maze. Where the hell is this lecture hall?”

“You’re so-” Jaejoong yelped as he bumped into someone, quickly turning around to assess the damage when he heard glass breaking. 

“S-Sorry,” the girl whispered. 

The blond looked at the shattered glass on the ground, feeling a wave of guilt washing over him seeing her on her knees trying to put the pieces back together with no luck.

“No, I’m sorry. I didn’t see you. Was that.. uhm, something important?”

She looked up at him and smiled, though Jaejoong missed the sadness hidden behind it. “It was a gift from my mother. It’s—uh, was a glass rose. She gave one to my sister for her first day of college, too, but it’s okay, it wasn’t expensive or anything.”

But apparently the sentimental value was there. 

Jaejoong wasn’t usually the one to feel quilt, but something in the pit of his stomach stirred uncomfortably upon seeing the girl almost choking on her tears. Yunho nudged him  in the ribs, whispering that he should help her.

“But we’ll be late,” he replied, too ignorant to see that all eyes were now on the trio. 

“It’s okay,” she said. “I got this.”

“Okay. Uhm, what’s your name?” he asked out of somewhat courtesy. 

“Kasi.”

“That’s a nice name. I’m Jaejoong.”

The students started whispering, and just like that, word spread that he was a little bit of a douchebag for not helping the poor girl. It turned out that the first real encounter he had with his fellow students didn’t really do much for his newfound image. 

“You’re in my seat.”

Jaejoong and Yunho both looked up; feeling a little bit out of breath from having to run to the lecture hall in fear of being late. 

“Find another seat.”

“No, I want to sit here. Gives me the perfect view of the entire room.”

The blond frowned, holding his pencil in a death grip. “Find another seat, wannabe-thuglife.”

The student touched his bandana, somewhat feeling a bit self-conscious. “You’re the one to talk.”

“Seriously, stop bothering me.”

“Then scoot over.” 

The boy’s hand neared the armrest of Jaejoong’s chair, and he was quick to swat it away. 

“Whoa, kitty got claws.”

Jaejoong shot the other boy a look that could possibly be fatal. You know, if he had superpowers. 

“ you.”

“My name’s Yoochun, if you care to use it. You’re Jaejoong, aren’t you? I guess that means you’re not gonna pick up the pen you knocked out of my hand.”

The majority of the students burst out laughing, making Jaejoong wish he was just a tiny speck of paint on the wall.

The raven smirked, clicking his tongue. “See you around, Kim.”

It took him a few minutes to register what he’d said. He angrily turned around, trying to locate the son of a . 

“Hey! How the do you know my last name?”

“I don’t allow profanity, young man."

He turned around, only to be met by the peering eyes of his professor. 

“I’m sorry.” 

‘Great ing timing,’ he thought to himself.

Yunho leaned closer, giving his boyfriend a pat on the knee. “A walk in the park, eh?”

The blond growled, resisting the urge to crush the hand currently resting on his knee. “Thanks for standing up for me. .”

“Hey, the last time I stepped in during one of your many arguments, you told me I was a ist . I’m not even sure if you know what ist means.”

“Whatever, Jung. All I’m saying is that if you punched him, I wouldn’t have minded.”

Yunho leaned closer and kissed him behind the ear. “Good to know. So… wanna go fool around under the bleachers when we’re done here?”

“…Yes.”