I Missed Her...

Missing You

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

She never said a lot. She was shy kind of person. Even when I was alone with her. She still wouldn’t say much.  The last days she even didn’t speak at al. Like she was ignoring me. It felt odd. She didn’t answered my questions. Even when I asked if she still loved me, she stayed quiet. It didn’t even feel like she was here with me. I missed her.

I was looking at her chair. I’ve made breakfast for her. I always made her breakfast. But last days, she didn’t eat at all. I asked her often if she didn’t like what I had made for her but it remained silent at the other side of the table. Her plate was still full when I left for work. She didn’t say goodbye to me last days. It felt as if she wouldn’t see me anymore. I missed her.

I left for work, without her goodbye. I passed by the coffee shop we first met. I remember her standing behind the pay desk. Her bangs fell right before her eyes. I still remember how much I had to pay. Her soft voice that told me to have a nice day and to enjoy my coffee, it will be forever on my mind. I don’t know if she noticed me, but I did notice her. Her voice, her hands, … I missed her.

I kept walking and zipped my jacket. It was cold even though it was summer. Just like the day of our first date. We went to the funfair. I shot a huge teddy bear for her. She shot one for me. I had to say, she was better in shooting than me. She had the eyes of an eagle and knew how to shoot with such a thing. Those two teddy bears resembled us. They just stood at the edge of our bed. Hand in hand. I wanted to hold hands with her like the two teddies. I missed her.

I couldn’t concentrate me at my work. I kept thinking of how she was ignoring me. Why did she ignore me? Had she met someone else? Someone better? I didn’t deserve her. I always knew but I wouldn’t accept it. I’m kind of stubborn. I wondered if she ever thought the same. That she didn’t deserve me. Probably not. She wasn’t that kind of person. She knew we were meant to be. I wished I believed her more when she told me that. I also wondered if she missed me right now cause… I missed her.

On my way home I passed the restaurant where I proposed to her a few months ago. She was wearing a beautiful red dress I bought for her and our couple necklace. I took mine between my thumb and index. “…” I whispered. Back to then. It was a beautiful night. Right after my performance. She was waiting for me at the table at the back of the restaurant. Her smile lit up the whole room. My proposal ring didn’t shine as much as her smile. It was one of the most precious things of her. Her smile. I missed her.

“Babe, I’m home.” I yelled as I came home. There was no answer. Like last days. I walked to the couch and sat down. “It’s okay if you don’t want to see me.” I said softly but I knew she could hear me. When we just moved in here, we sat a lot in this couch. We watched movies together. We cuddled. We laughed. We cried. I knew she was in the room, I could feel it. But she didn’t came to me. We’ve become strangers last days. I missed her.

I stood up again and walked to the window. I looked at the birds sitting on the rooftops. She loved looking at the birds. She said she wanted to fly like them. She wanted to be free like them. I kept her imprisoned, I know now. Her prison were my arms. She could never fly as long as I hold her. I had to let her go. But I couldn’t let her go. If I did, I would feel like I felt now. I missed her.

No one’s P.O.V.

It has been 3 days 14 hours and 38 minutes since she passed away. He even counted the minutes since she was away.  A truck ran over her and there was nothing he could do to keep her alive. He couldn’t believe she had left him forever. He wouldn’t change a thing about his lifestyle. Everything had to be the same. But even though he acted like she was still there… He missed her.