6th Chapter

Match Made In Heaven
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"Good morning Leo." Minhwa joined to walk with Dr. Jung Leo they were both going to the Monday morning meeting.

 

"Morning." the man greeted back. Doctor Moon knew Dr. Jung Taek Woo or Leo, as he wanted to be called. Leo worked as a doctor at children's ward. He was specialized with giving cancer treatments to children. He became more talkative and relaxed around kids.

 

"Did you got the memo for this morning's meeting?" Minhwa asked. She had read a quick post-it-note on her table telling there was a meeting at 9 am sharp at doctor's lounge.

 

"Something about security." Leo answered and opened the door to the lounge. Minhwa thanked him and entered first. They greeted other doctors and took seats around a long table.

 

"For those of who didn't get the memo, this meeting is to inform you all about changing security protocol. You all remember the protocol for infection control, dangerous patients on the loose, rabies and other dangerous quickly spreading deadly diseases?" the director asked and received many nods.

 

Minhwa remembered a time when a mental patient had escaped from one of the rooms at the mental ward. He ran all around the hospital with a scalpel in his hand shouting he'll kill everyone who tried to stop his escape. Other wards and areas were locked down immediately to limit his running. Every available doctor and nurse were sent after him along with security. Minhwa remembered running an isle after that man and dodging flying files what he threw from a reception desk. She knew that civilians safety was number one priority and a doctor must sacrifice him or herself in order to keep the other patients safe. They were obligated to protect and serve others.

 

She had been gaining closer to the man and prepared to tackle him onto the ground, until he made a sharp left going inside one patient room. There had been a family visiting their daughter when the mentally ill man ran into their room. Minhwa jumped after him inside the room and locked the door, cutting his escape route. Moon maneuvered her way between the family and the mad man.

 

She tried her best to talk to him, but it was as affective as telling a wall to take a walk or a cat to bark. She tried to use her little knowledge of psychotherapy. Doctor Moon had tried to keep him as far as possible from the family, setting herself as the barrier in between. In the end she ended up getting a defensive wound on her arm and wrestling the man on the floor. Luckily, everything ended fine.

 

"Every day you come and leave you will all go through a security check." Some groans were heard inside the room. The mental ward was closed after few other dangerous incidents and since then that wing of this large hospital was not used. Minhwa scrunched her eyebrows as she almost was about to question the purpose of that. Just as she was about to voice out her question, the director spoke again: "This hospital will start taking in wounded prisoners from the jails in Seoul district. Men and women. There will be patients who need  chemo therapy or a surgery issued by the government. We will have more security guards walking around this hospital. I ask you all to be on high alert when in ward F. Watch your backs and report any unusual activity or behavior. There will be locked doors and security checking your id's and purposes of visiting there. Just do as they say, do your job and get out of there in one peace. Understood?"

 

Again yes' were heard and nods. Why was the hospital expanding? Was there money problems? They changed the former mental ward F to a prison inmate ward F. The doctors were dismissed from the meeting.

 

"Hey Moon! Want to grab late breakfast and early lunch?" Ken appeared on Minhwa's side as they were returning from the 5th floor down the stairs.

 

"I need to prep for a surgery. Why don't you ask Leo?"

 

"I'm in a mood of talking and he doesn't talk." Ken retorted. Minhwa smiled and patted Ken's arm.

 

"He will talk when you ask something and actually give him the time to answer."

 

Ken rolled his eyes and huffed. "I'll ask him... HEY LEO!" Ken sped off ahead of Minhwa. Soon Doctor Moon's phone rang.


"Go for Moon." she answered and cursed inside her head. Last month's marathon of How I Met Your Mother with Ken surely made its return to her memory. Damn it Barney and his funny jokes. Most people didn't find his humor funny but for Minhwa, the guy was hilarious.

 

"Minhwa?" a voice of an angel asked.

 

"That's me." Minhwa answered walking down a hallway to her office.

 

"It's Tiffany! Lee Soo Man wants to talk with us about the articles floating online. He wants to know hot we want to respond to them."

 

"Uh...This might sound rude, but who is this Lee Soo Man person?" Minhwa heard light giggles coming from Tiffany.


"Don't you remember? He's the owned of SME. I told you about him on Saturday."

 

"Oooh! That guy!"

 

"You have no idea, do you?"


"I...uh..no. I kind of spaced out when you started talking about business and telling about your contract." she actually stared at Tiffany's lips and imagined kissing them. Minhwa was bad with alcohol. She could drink max 5 drinks and with every drink she found more courage and even more idiotic ideas.

 

"Just remember his words are powerful within SME and he can be scary at times."

 

"Got it."

 

"So are you able to come here?"

 

"Now? I really can't. There is a heart bypass surgery I got to do in 20 minutes."

 

"Can I come pick you up then?"

 

"Come in two hours."

 

"Cool, but how do I find you? The hospital is a maze!"

 

"It really is until you memorize it. I'll leave a note to the reception in the lobby just tell them why you are there and they'll guide you to the right direction."

 

They bid their goodbyes and Minhwa started to prepare for the surgery with a smile on her face.

 

"See! It wasn't that hard to call her!" Sunny exclaimed smacking Tiffany's arm. The phone had been on a speaker so all of SNSD could hear their conversation. This 'scandal' as the papers and internet claimed this situation was more fun than SNSD had in few months.

 

"She sounds busy." Yoona noted sipping orange juice.


"Well she is one of the best cardiologists in Korea." Seohyun said turning over a laptop on her lap.

 

"Did you just Google my wife?!" Tiffany asked, she was little furious. Partly, because it was a great idea and why didn't she herself try Googling Minhwa earlier and partly, because she wanted to know her wife faster than her members did.

 

"U-unnie, I'm really sorry. I just got very curious of her."

 

"Nah it's fine." Tiffany waved it off with her hand and climbed on the couch next to their maknae, "What else did you find?"

 

"She's born 1987 making her older than all of you." Seohyun said while pointing at the screen, "She studied one year medicine in USA before coming back to South Korea. She wanted to pursue arts and drawing when she was a teenager but witnessing a car crash when she was young made her cha

Please log in to read the full chapter