It's a Long Journey

It's a Long Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Tiffany sat on her bed with her text books open in front of her. She was trying to finish up her research for the project that her chemistry teacher had left for the class and to be quite frank, Tiffany did not understand nor know what in the world she had to do. 

She sighed as she turned the page on her text book and began reading. It was something about the way the molecules were formed and the names of some elements and she just could not focus on anything at the moment. 

Groaning in frustration she pushed her book  away and closed it shut before grabbing her phone on the nightstand and dialing Jessica’s number. 

Her eyes widened before she locked her phone and pushed it away from her. Why the hell was she calling her. Tiffany looked back at her phone. She had not called Jessica at all this week because she knew that the older girl would not answer her phone. 

She did not know what had overcome her in that moment. She could not bring herself to speak to Jessica over the phone now imagine if she were to see her again. How the hell was she supposed to say something to her in person. 

She was angry mind you. She had written and rewritten countless of rants on her notebook before ripping the page, crumbling it up and throwing away before proceeding to write an apology but nothing seemed right and she was just left feeling confused, betrayed, angry and just simply alone. 

She missed Jessica, terribly. She missed having her by her side no matter what the situation was. If she were here right now she would be helping her comprehend the subject and help her do the project but alas she was not here and Tiffany did not comprehend anything. 

She kind of now understood why Jessica left the way she did. She knew that her best friend was not a big fan of change. She knew that she didn’t like the fact that she has no control over something different. She understands that Jessica needs to be in control for her to be comfortable. Keeping that in mind she understood that maybe she had left because she couldn’t control her feelings. 

Even if Tiffany understood that, she could not understand why Jessica would push her feelings away after Tiffany made it perfectly clear that she loved her back. It wasn’t at all fair for Jessica to tell her that her feelings weren’t genuine when Jessica wasn’t the one feeling them. 

She did not like the fact that Jessica wouldn’t believe her when she had told her and finally acknowledged her own feelings for the older girl. 

It wasn’t fair at all. That was one reason that she was angry at said girl but even if she was she could not help but think about all the things that Jessica could be possible doing at the moment. She wanted to see her again. She wanted to tell her just how wrong she was. She wanted to prove to her that she indeed did love her the way Tiffany tells her. But most of all she just wants Jessica. Here. She wants Jessica to be here with her. 

She never liked spending time apart from her. It never felt right. She hadn’t realized that until Jessica had left her. 

She wanted Jessica to be with her now. 

She sighed before grabbing her phone and scrolling through her contacts list. Her thumb hovered over Jessica’s name and she couldn’t bring herself to cal her at all. She sighed before steeling herself and pressing it before putting the phone to her ear and waiting in nervous anticipation. 

She was not anticipating the voice of the operater telling her that the ohone number was no longer in service and the girl simply hung up and groaned in frustration.

When the hell was Jessica coming back? 

She sat up before standing up and heading to her kitchen, feeling a little dehydrated. As she poured herself a glass of water, her doorbell rung and she quickly walked over to her front door. She wondered who it could be as she grabbed the knob and opened the door.

A young man with dark eyes and an amazing smile stood in front of her holding a bag of chips and a bottle of coke on the other. It was Nichkhun. 

“Movie night?”

Tiffany smiled before her eyebrows furrowed together, “but where are the movies?”

Nichkhun smiled before Tiffany sidestepped and allowed the taller boy to step inside her home. “Well I only have two hands right? So… they’re in my jacket pocket.”

Tiffany closed the door behind them before following Nichkhun into the kitchen and observed quietly as he looked for a bowl to pour he chips and grabbing glasses from the cabinet and placing them all in front of the island counter. He stared at her in joy. His eyes shinning invitingly before grabbing a chip from the already dispensed ones from the bowl and chucking it at her face. 

“Come on! Tiffany! Lighten up, I heard you’ve been pretty down lately. I came here to cheer you up and what other way than by seeing awesomely gross and gruesome horror movies?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes before laughing and taking a seat on the stool placed in front of the island. “Oh wow! Horror movies never fail to lift up my spirits” she said sarcastically before grabbing a glass and pouring herself some sod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter