A New Goal in Life

The Manny

FYI: This chapter starts off with KangIn, JaeJoong, and YunHo the night of the day Teuk and In met. (This helps it be less confusing.) And, I have all of HeeChul's cats in here, even Champagne.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JaeJoong and YunHo were called over soon after KangIn had returned home to hear YoungWoon's rant about the annoying bastard, "who thought it was okay to break into people's cars." "He has a point though, KangIn." YunHo agrees with the stranger. "You could've faced major jail time, and how would that look to your employers?" "You aren't supposed to side with him!" YoungWoon growled, feeling betrayed.

 

"YoungWoon?" JaeJoong questions the angry man while lifting his foot from a stain of old baby food. "Have you ever thought of hiring a nanny?" This caused the man to freeze, brows furrowing in confusion rather than discontempt. "No, why?" The two lovers share a look before YunHo clears his throat. "Well, it would be convenient for you. Not having to drive a long way to pick MiRae up." The said child seemed to know her name as she turned her head to face the man. "She could take care of MiRae here and clean the house, or whatever you know." "Mmh?" YunHo responds to JaeJoong. "Not you YunHo the other you know!" JaeJoong scolds, annoyed. "Plus, it'll save money." The two knew that money saving was a big deal for their friend whose eyes lit up. "Okay, maybe you've got a point." KangIn agrees and JaeJoong claps his hands in joy. "Then let's go, place an ad!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day...

"Morning, hyung." HeeChul greets his housemate who simply hums while making a beeline to the coffee machine. "Morning." He finally responds after half a cup was gone. "What do you plan on doing today?" LeeTeuk's feline-like friend asks, placing three bowls of gourmet food for his felines. "HeeBum! Cherry! Champagne!" "Well, I have the day off. Maybe I'll clean house again." HeeChul scoffs at his older brother. "You just cleaned it Sunday." "Exactly, it's Wednesday." HeeChul shakes his head but leaves it alone. "Whatever, but I'm going shopping with HanKyung."

 

JungSoo had returned home, annoyed and loaded with grocery bags full of everything  he could buy. A tired looking HeeChul was curled up on the couch like his beloved pets with his boyfriend. HanKyung had the manners to turn his attention to the oldest and greet him with a simple 'Hello.' The cat man, on the other hand, muttered a 'Yo.', eyes never leaving the screen of some romcom anime the two were watching. 'Yah!' LeeTeuk barked, slamming down the groceries on the counter, and causing the two men to jump. 'Show were hyung some respect.' Usually HeeChul's antics wouldn't have bothered the older man, but with the afternoon he had...

 

'Jeez, hyung! Sorry,' HeeChul apologized but they both knew the cat man didn't mean it. 'I'm sorry,' JungSoo starts, dropping onto the couch next to the couple before retelling his encounter with the jerk, 'who shouldn't even be allowed into society.' The two had agreed with the man quickly, before HanKyung headed back to his own apartment for work the next day. Leaving the other two to diss and rant about the Jerk, while the soft pelts of HeeChul's Champagne and HeeBum. "I pray that I'll never have to meet that awful man again." LeeTeuk scowls, the statement was lost by the other man who quickly makes his way to the door. "See ya, hyung!"

 

Once JungSoo finishes his second cup, he starts to wash dishes, before he proceeds to clean the apartment again, even dusting the ceiling fans and the corners of each room. Their house was two floors, the second actually being a loft with two beds. The right of the door was ebony furnishing, Heechul's side while LeeTeuk's was white. The loft style home lit by calming blue lights, the bottom floor containing, living room, bathroom, kitchen, and dining room.

 

The place was spotless and by the time he was done it was noon. Noon was the time the newspaper boy comes around and delivers the news for those who prefer flipping pages rather than clicking a mouse. A dimpled smile was sent the boy's way, before JungSoo turned into and locked the door. LeeTeuk empties out the pot before getting it ready for tea, after dropping the mail on the table. He spends the time organizing separating his and HeeChul's. He drops the neat pile of the younger's mail on his desk before settling down on the couch and opening his own.

 

He groaned, finished with the bills before looking through the newspaper, nothing caught his attention on the front page or the first few inside, he skipped over the sports section, never that big into athletics except for his work out, and settled on the comics, before pouring himself a hot glass of tea. He settled down, placing the mug on the table before picking up the paper. The comics were on par, but weren't able to keep his attention long. He flipped the paper back over, ready to recycle it when Cherry hopped up onto the wood surface, shoving her head into the mug and knocking the paper off. “Yah!” JungSoo growled at the cat, grabbing it by the scruff and placing it on the floor. “Go back to HeeBum.” The feline glared at the man before stalking out with her tail raised high.

 

He muttered under his breath as he knelt to pick up the spread newspaper when an ad caught his attention. ‘Nanny Wanted’, LeeTeuk raised a brow settling on the floor before reading the article closely. ‘Live in nanny wanted, housing and board provided, will be required to do housework, A pay of 250,000 won (roughly $200) will be received every two weeks.’ JungSoo’s eyes widened at the price. It wasn't like they were poor, but it was a lot to offer a nanny. He knew that his dongsaeng’s daycare center was a bill of 500,000 won (a little bit higher than $400) per month.

 

LeeTeuk, squeezed his eyes to read the smallest print on the ad, a simple name and an address, before they popped out of his head. The picture in the corner was the man from yesterday, a YoungWoon Kim, and the older scrambled for a pen and paper, writing the address and date down, JungSoo made it his goal to protect MiRae from that horrid man, even if he was her father. He moved for his cell phone and dialed DongHae, he wasn’t going to come to work for a while.