An Unexpected Delivery

The Manny

YoungWoon wasn't expecting anything today. He had finished sealing the contract with Evl Gaming company, with little effort needed. The CEO and President of the company, KyuHyun Cho, wasn't hesitant with demands to allow SJ to advertise his company's games and special events.

The tall, twenty-five year old gamer was intimidating and quiet harsh, making him a difficult catch for the company, until they signed KangIn to handle the rude client. With the authority of a military man, he laid out the terms and the head agreed, giving the twenty-nine year old businessman a step closer to a promotion.

"Way to go man! How'd you do it?" YunHo asks his friend with a punch to the shoulder. "Thanks. He was just another unruly kid who needed firm directions." KangIn shrugs, sitting back down at his desk. "Either way," YunHo starts, sitting at his desk across from YoungWoon's. "It's a thing for celebration, we've been working on them for a year." KangIn raised an eyebrow at his college, but continued his task of checking his work email. "JaeJoong's working tonight, with his help we'll find you a nice a girl to take home." KangIn sighs at the man. "You know I don't go out and drink." He tells his close friend. His friend just shrugs, used to his friend's hermit like nature. After shutting down his computer and saying farewell to YunHo, who once again asked him if he still didn't want to come, before making his way to the exit, and eventually to his apartment.

Digging through his pockets for his keys, he dropped his briefcase, and bent to pick it up, noticing the pink note underneath it. He scoffed, recognizing the flower doodles and handwriting of his neighbor, TaeYeon, the middle school math teacher had a small obsession with the man. The note was laid on the island along with his briefcase and keys, once he walked through his opened door, grabbing a bottle of water and crashing on the couch. Flipping the television to an old Bruce Lee film, some more paperwork, and settled in for the night.

It was nearing ten o'clock when his phone started ringing. He scowled, got up, and answered the phone. Biting back a growl when he hears his neighbor's voice. "Hi KangIn, are you home yet?" Her feminine voice asks. "Yeah, why?" He asks, sitting back on the couch, and organizing finished papers. "Did you read the note Tiffany left?" Tiffany was TaeYeon's younger, less psychotic twin sister who was the chorus teacher at the same school TaeYeon worked. "No, why?" He asks in a dull tone, expecting it to be another confession. "Come down to our apartment, now." She orders and he rolls his eyes. "Why?" "There's something here for you that you need to see immediately." He fights back a yawn. "I'm too tired for you right now."

"You either come down or we'll bring it up. Either way, YOU need to see and TAKE it with you. It's from RaeRim." The name caught his attention, his first love who left him for a doctor in the States. "Fine, be there in five." He hangs up the phone, slips his sneakers on, and makes his way down to the sisters' apartment.

"Okay, I'm here. What is it?" He asks after Tiffany answered the door. "Come in, you may need to sit down when you find out." She steps aside and the man slips his shoes off before going to the sofa. "Tae will be out soon, would you like something to drink?" The singer asks, picking up a  baby bottle of milk. "Uhm... No, I'm good." KangIn answers, confused as to why they had a baby bottle, when they had no children. "Is he here yet, 'Fany?" Tae's voice yelled from her bedroom.  "Ne, he's here." The latter replied, folding up a small patchwork blanket. "Great." KangIn sat rigid in his seat, ready to bolt if it turns out it was all a lie to show him her love. "You better get your butts out here. He looks ready to run." Tif' warns and the said man flinches a bit. "Okay! Okay. Here we come." The man turns towards Tiffany, about to ask who 'we' was when the door opened and TaeYeon appeared out of the hallway....

With an infant in her arms. "KangIn, say hello to MiRae."