Reminiscing the past

Love Pain

Over powered by dizziness because of the very long travel, I closed my eyes. Unexpectedly, a scene from my junior high flashed back.

 

“hey! Give me back my journal!” she shouted while chasing one of her classmate who’s bullying her.

 

“here… here Krissy…get it…” he said while running away from her.

“stop calling me Krissy! I’m not a dog!”

“aaah! Whatever!: he continuously run.

 

Kris was so pissed off and she can’t do anything so she just stood where she is and sobbed. On the other hand, the boy runs fast as he could and he did not notice he was about to bump on to.

 

“yah! Watch your way!” he yelled at the person he bumped.

“give the journal back to her.” The person said in a deep cold voice.

“eh? Come again?!?”

“give it back to her…”

“who are you to command me?! Huh?!”

 

Without a second thought the person grab the boy’s shirt a held him up against the building’s wall.

 

“argh! Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!.... put me down! Put me down!” the boy screamed.

“are you giving it back to her or what?!”

“I’m giving it back! I’m giving it back!”

 

The boy immediately returned the journal to Kris, apologized and hurriedly run away.

Kris saw the whole scene. She couldn’t believe what she saw, especially the person who helped her. She doesn’t even know him! The person…. YES! The person! Where is he now?? She looked around but found no one… only herself. She did not even had the chance to thank him or even ask for his name…

*end of flashback*

 

I did not notice that I fell asleep. And was waken up by the blowing of the car’s horn

 

BEEEEPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

“hey mom! You’re too loud!”

“sorry sweetie.. I am just excited to show you your new home” she pinched my chin and sweetly smiled.

“yea.. whatever ma”

 

A teenaged-girl wearing a maids’ uniform opened the gate for us. Yes, new home.. new people.. new surroundings.. for the Nth time, we once again changed our place. First, second, third, fourth, fifth.. I don’t know when will this end, this never-ending place changing activity. It is every time when mom and her boyfriends broke up, I have to expect her saying “go pack your things.. we are leaving this place”. Mom started dating many guys from time ti time –or should I say boys hopping?- since the day she my dad –her first boyfriend. First love perhaps- realized that they need time and space to find their selves away from each other and star a brand new life. He left my mom with so many responsibilities, including me. She raised me up alone. She became a single parent. Yeah! Boys are always like that, they’ll show the girl that he really loves her… and after sometime.. he’ll leave her hangin alone.

 

I grew u alone.. I mean, with no playmates. I spent my childhood just staying inside my room. Writing on my journal or if not doing stuffs with my laptop.

 

We entered the house. It was spaciou. Big enough for the three of us. Me, my mom and the helper.

“did you like it?” mom asked as we stood in the living room for a minute, observing the place. I just nod as my reply to her question.

 

“I think you’re tired. Oh! By the way, this is Shishe. She’ll live with us. She’ll lead you to your new room.” I smiled at the girl and she smiled back and bowed.

“where’s my room,ma? I want to take a rest.”

“sure sweetie. Let Shishe carry your things for you”

“okay”

 

Shishe lead me to my room. It is nice. The wall was painted with baby pink. It has a French window that is adjacent to the queen sized bed. It also has a night stand which is located besde the full length mirror. All in all the room really fits a girl.

 

"did mom prepared all of this?" I asked

"yes,maam. about 2 months ago,: Shishe answered

 

what?! 2 months ago?! you mean, she already knows what will happen next.

 

"oh really?" i replied normally not showing Shishe that i was astound. she just smiled in return.

 

"the shower is now ready maam and your things are already in thier places. is there anything else you would ask for,maam?"

"no more"

"excuse me,maam. i would just go down and prepare your meal,"

"okay. and oh! please stop calling me maa. we have the same age i suppose. Name's Kris." putting out a hand and smiled.

"I'm Shishe," then she shook my hand.

"Yea i know. my mom introduced you to me awhile ago,"

"oh! yea! sure! oh~ i'm so stupid~" she replied

"no, that's okay" then we both laughed.

"so, i should go now,maam- i mean Kris,"

"okay"

now, I'm alone again. i can't help but recall all what happened to us from the time dad left us to the times when my mom's boyfriends left her until the times when we have to change from one place to another. i laid down to my bed,closed my eyes and fall asleep.

 

it was already dark when i wake up. i go down the stairs and saw mom watching her favorite show on T.V while Shishe is preparing the dining table for us.

"oh! you're already awake. hungry?" mom asked.

"yeah" i simply replied

silence filled the dining area until mom broke the silence

 

"how's the food,sweetie? is it delicious?"

"yes, it is. tastes delicious" I'm forced to smile just to show my mom that it really tastes good even though i don't really eat vegetables -my number one enemy.

 

Dinner's done and Shishe's fixing the dishes. i was about to help her but she stopped me and said that it's her work. so, i excused my self and wet to my room. Shishe's a nice girl. her parents are my mom's friend and they already passed away that's why mom hired her.

 

I entered my room, sat at my bed facing the window. i can't stop myself to reminisce the past. but, as what they say, leave the past back and start a brand new life. i hear the door open, it is my mom. She approached and sit beside me. i looked intently into her eyes then i spaek,

"when will this end,ma? i'm sick and tired of our life" i said as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"sorry sweetie," she cupped my face and and continued "it's all mom's fault. i'm so sorry," she cried. i hugged her tightly but gently.

"it's okay,ma. just promised me that this will be the last time we'll change our place,"

"yes sweetie. i promise,"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there! :) the first chapter is crappy eeerrrr :/ hope you'll understand. school affects my writing :/ but i'll update the best chapters soon.. so you please support me, thanks~! :)))