Chapter One.

You Kill Me (In A Good Way)

The stomps that I heard above my head were unbearable. He was home. The clashing of glass bottles breaking against each other followed soon after and then a loud grunt and squeak of the couch. The concentration on my painting had ran away from me and was now on the man who had just gotten home. My father. I placed my palette down slowly and waited for any other noise. The T.V. I could hear the click it made with each channel it skipped until it stopped on what sounded like football. ing football. That's all you ever heard come from the T.V in the living room. 

I let out a sigh as I looked back at the canvas. It had a half drawn tree on a lonely looking hill. My eyes parted from the piece and then found their way to my phone that lit up with the face of my best friend. A small smile formed on my lips as I reached for it to answer his phone call. 

"Hello?" I answered lightly as I stood up from my chair and then flopped on my bed. 

"What up girly? Down already? The bastard just got home and he already ed up?" Kellin had a tired voice which means he just got home from work. The "bastard" he was talking about was my father. 

"Nah, just lost my flow but he's been pretty good for the first what, five minutes?" I laughed lightly and brought a pillow under my head. 

"Good, are you up for chillin' tonight?" He asked me. 

"You mean now?" A laugh escaped my lips and I sat up. I could hear him laugh at my comment and no doubt he was probably nodding right now like the dork he is. 

"Yeah! Meet me out in 5?" 

"Totes." We hung up and I stood up from my bed then stretched. I took a hoodie and put it on then took my toms and ran up the stairs. My body stopped before I opened the door and mentally prepared myself. After taking in a deep breath and letting it go my hand reached the door knob and opened it making it creak. My feet tip toed across the floor; I was half way through the kitchen when I heard him grunt. 

"What are you doing? Going to the neighbor again?" His loud and harsh voice echoed in the house, "Of course you are. Why else would you leave this place?" A gritty chuckle bellowed out of him as he grasped my arm tightly. "Just like your mother, ing men even while she was married to me. That's why she's dead. She paid for her sins." 

"For the last ing time she never cheated on you-"

"Don't ing talk back you !" His grasp tightened as he shoved me back and forth, "You don't know !" Spit shot out of his mouth as he talked and all I could think about was that he was the . 

"Let me go!" My free hand clawed at his arm until he let go and I ran. He wouldn't follow me. I knew that for a fact because he never had. I shut the kitchen door behind me and I saw him yell out in anger as he tossed an empty bottle of beer to the ground and flipped me off yelling that I would be dead when I came back. I rolled my eyes and walked to the house next to mine, Kellin's house. I saw him leaning against the pole of the porch with his arms folded as he looked up at the stars. 

"Did the beast finally let you come out of his hell house?" He said with a slight chuckle but didn't look at me. 

"Tch, yeah, but of course not without telling me how he knew I was going to '' you." We laughed but I could feel a slight emptiness in him. I decided to stay silent when he continued to not make eye contact. Silence settled between us and that's when I knew what was up. 

"He's back." Was all that left his peach tinted lips. My teeth gnawed on my bottom lip as I looked behind him to the closed door of his house then to the parked beaten down pine green car in the parking lot. Finally, they met his and I could tell the urges were creeping in him. The urges to hurt himself. To tear his body apart with a sharp razor blade that was probably laying in a drawer in his room. 

My hands encircled themselves around his neck with my hand on his head that placed it on my shoulder. I could feel his shaky ones wrap around me tightly as he covered his face in my neck. The hot streams of tears that came out of his eyes met my neck and I slowly untwined myself from him to clean his tears. 

"Rae, I don't want to go in." His trembling voice spoke, "I can't leave my mom there though, what if he does something to Her?" His tears continued to roll down his cheeks as more terrible thoughts spread throughout his head. 

"Don't worry Kellin, I, I'm sure he'll leave soon," My fingers fixed his jet black hair back into place and then entwined with his. "We got each others backs remember?" I let out a smile and then walked slowly to the not very far away door. "We have to check up on her, unless you want to just chill here. I can go check."

"No, I'll go too." He let out a small smile when he said that and then continued to open the door. My eyes scanned the room and saw no one in sight. Kellin's hand tugged on mine indicating to follow him. We rushed up the stairs to his room and he quickly pulled out a backpack and placed an outfit with his cigarettes and a handle of vodka. Then zipped it up and put it on his back. 

"Don't you want to check up on your mom?" I asked him in a hushed tone. He nodded simply and then took my hand in his again. 

"Lets go." We walked back down the stairs and then slowly sneaked into the living room. It was like I saw a doppelgänger of my own father. The man had placed himself sloppily on the couch with a bootle of beer in his right hand and the remote in his left as he watched football. ing football. His eyes met mine and a smirk landed on his face. 

"Wow Kellin, I guess you're not gay after all. Look at her, you finally did good, for once." My grip tightened on Kellin's hand as I felt he walk towards his dad. 

"Ignore him." I said through my pursed lips. The truth is, we all knew Kellin wasn't gay. Like at all, but of course his douche bag of a father loved to about having long hair that supposedly made him look like a girl in his eyes. 

Before I could say anything to the so called man in front of me, Kellin's mom walked in the living room. 

"Hi sweetie, what brings you here?" I could tell she was trying to cover up the pain in her eyes and the guilt that weighed on her shoulders in front of me and her son. She had openly taken him back this time and despite the anger that fueled inside of me at the fact she was putting Kellin to the side for this man, she was doing it to help him in the long run. After all, whenever he would come back every couple months at least a small amount of money would come with him for her and of course Kellin. 

"Hi Mary, I just came by to see how Kellin is doing." I let out a fake smile and subconsciously got closer to Kellin. 

"We're staying at Jesse's house tonight." My best friend simply stated as he began walking away from the scene. I waved goodbye at his mom, Mary and then followed him. 
"Well she's obviously doing fine." He let out an annoyed groan as we walked to my car. 

"Don't Kellin," I sighed as I started the car, "You know that she's doing it for you." 

"We don't need that bastards money though! We're fine without it!" His fist punched the dashboard in front of him, "I don't care if I need to get another job, as long as he doesn't come back I'll do anything!" Another shout escaped from his lips as well as another punch from his fist. I took his fist in my hand and soothed out each finger until the white on his knuckles was gone. 

"One, I know what you're capable of doing it so that he won't come back. Two, I also know how much love your mom has for that she wouldn't want you to do any of that, and three, you're going to end up permanently leaving a dent on my dashboard." A chuckle escaped his lips as his eye met mine. We laughed together at my last statement and then I began to drive. 

"This is why you're my best friend Rae." He placed a sweet kiss on my cheek and I tried my best to concentrate on road so I wouldn't blush. 

"Yeah, yeah," I let out a small laugh, "So Jesse's house?" I asked trying to forgot about the little kiss that just happened. He nodded and then opened his backpack and pulled out his pack. I slightly watched from the corner of my eye as he took a cig in his mouth and lit it up. He then brought one up to my lips and lit it for me. We both took a long drag and then took it away from our mouths at the same time. We reached a stop light and I let myself glance over at him. 

"What?" He asked as he pulled the cigarette out of his mouth.

"Nothing." I shrugged my shoulders keeping the thought to myself. 

"No~ you were gonna say something." His finger wagged at me slightly.  

"Well, this is just my input but, don't you think you should take care of your lungs and throat if you want your band to be a success?" His lips pursed a bit before he sighed and took one last drag before throwing his cigarette out the window. 

"I hate it when you're right." He smirked and flicked his hair, "I'll stop, but you have to promise me something," his eyes met mine but I cut it off when I saw the light turn green. 

"Oh yeah? And what's that?" I inquired as I stepped on the gas pedal more. 

"That you stop smoking too." His smirk turned to a grin as I threw my cigarette out the window. 

"It's a deal, Mr. Quinn." 

~*~*~*~*~*

I hope you guys liked the first chapter!! I just kinda wanted to show what a typical day in Rae's life was like!

 

Please comment and subscribe!!!!!!