3.

Dead Behind Your Eyes

A/N: Sorry it took a while, and it isn't super long, but updaaaaaaaaate~ ^w^

Just one main section for this chapter. Have a look inside Jongin's brain ;) I hope you like it!

 

 

Kai lay on his back gazing up at the ceiling, having freshly collapsed on his bed almost as soon as he arrived home from school, still dressed in his school uniform, and thought. This situation with Sehun was really beginning to get under his skin, and he simply had no clue as to what he could do about it.

Being guys, even as close a group of friends as he and Sehun belonged to along with Luhan, Minseok, and several others, they were never inclined to talk about their feelings or discuss their problems in the way that girls would, but he wasn’t sure if he would be able to do much about it alone. Sehun meant a great deal to him, and he would do nearly anything for him, but he could never tell with the other boy if his feelings were reciprocated. As for what his feelings toward Sehun were still steadily growing into…

He shifted on the bed.

No. He didn’t want to think about that right now.

With a groan that voiced all the day long exertions of school life, he delved into his school bag, sifting tiredly past his assortment of books, folders, and pencil cases, and fished out his phone. He plopped the device onto his chest, fingers drumming on the plastic case embellished with a photo of Michael Jackson, and thought again. Who could he ask for help?

He knew Sehun was close with a Chinese boy called Zitao, and Jongin thought there was a chance he even had his number, but he didn’t really know him. He didn’t know how much he knew, and asking would just be awkward, and the whole situation seemed needlessly complicated.

Maybe it would be better to ask someone with a bit more authority? One of the student council representatives or something… Joonmyeon was both a member of their friendship group and a prefect; he might even have dealt with something like this before…

But he did tend to worry. A lot. No, Jongin couldn’t talk to him, he would worry way too much.

At last, the answer seemed to smack him in the face. If he didn’t get Luhan involved, he would almost certainly be murdered in his sleep; probably by Luhan.

After the apple incident a week or so ago, Jongin had been sceptical about how Luhan was really dealing with the situation after his (painfully) straightforward approach had failed… but he didn’t missed his worried glances or – by Luhan’s standards – softer words, and he had carefully noted Luhan’s regular offers to take Sehun out to get his favourite bubble tea.

Yes. He had to ask Luhan.

Swiftly unlocking his phone and opening a new message, Jongin began to type.

To: Luhan

From: Jongin

Kind of worried about Sehun, think we might need to do something. Ideas?

Locking the device with a click, Jongin dropped it onto the bed covers beside him, and waited.

Not ten seconds later, a ping resounded, and Jongin swiped the message notification to read Luhan’s reply.

To: Nini

From: Lu-ge

He’s cuckoo for coco puffs (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Let him do his own thing щ(ºДºщ)

Tried talking to him?

Jongin sighed.

He wasn’t sure what frustrated him more: Luhan’s lack of more useful ideas, or his sarcastic (over)use of emoticons. He began to quickly tap off a reply.

To: Luhan

From: Jongin

Think your attempts at the apple incident made it clear talking isn’t an option =_=

Before he even had time to lock his phone again, Luhan’s reply came ping-ing through.

To: Nini

From: Lu-ge

Yes, but to Sehun, I’m not you

°˖ ✧◝(○ ヮ ○)◜✧˖ °

He paused.

The message was certainly not what Jongin had been expecting.

Shooting off a quick “thanks, will do” text, Jongin lay back on his bed to gaze at the ceiling once more, and discarded his phone by his side.

“I’m not you.”           

With Sehun being the youngest member of their group of friends, and Luhan one of the eldest, he had naturally fallen into watching out for the younger. Jongin knew this, and he knew that they had been close for some time at least before he and Sehun even met. Luhan was very proud of his “Babyhun” and always had been, he often said so even.

So for him to admit something like that, he had to be pretty serious.

Maybe Luhan knew something Jongin didn’t? Maybe Sehun even…

Another shift on the bed.

No. Jongin didn’t want to think about that right now either, couldn’t afford to even.

Another sigh.

With another tired, aching groan, Jongin sat up on the bed and swung his feet over the side. Looking down, he saw that his school shirt was sufficiently creased as to be unsalvageable for the next day.

Better put it in the wash.

Maybe the situation with Sehun was as simple as that; maybe it would all come out in the wash…

 

 

 

A/N: OOOooooh evil author made it a cliffhanger... this will lead into another chapter as soon as I have time to write it.

Silent readers, commenting/subscribing readers, any readers, I appreciate you all equally. I hope you liked it! *throws hearteus everywhere*