Chapter 5

Acci-Dental Love

Chapter 5

 

 

Taeyeon was thinking to herself when would be the best time to come back to the dental clinic without being suspicious or anything. “Aish! Why would they suspect you of something you’ll just bring Jiji to the clinic again! Get a hold of yourself Kim Taeyeon!”

 

She took picked up the telephone and dialed the clinic’s number and asked Juhyun to set her an appointment this coming Saturday since Taeji’s has school on weekdays. Juhyun set her an afternoon appointment since according to the young assistant Tiffany’s has her morning till noon’s schedule already booked.

 

“3 o’clock is fine Juhyun-ah!”

 

“Okay Unnie! See you on Saturday! Bye!”

 

“Bye! Thanks Juhyun!” Taeyeon put down the receiver after the call has ended and took a deep breath.

 

“Wow I never thought setting a dental appointment would be this hard.” She leaned back on her swivel chair and suddenly the smiling image of the pink dentist invaded her mind.

 

“Why are you smiling to yourself huh Kim Taengoo?!” A high pitched voice broke her day dreaming. She sits up to see the new comer and got the shock of her life.

 

“LEE SOONKYU!” She stands up from her chair and run towards her friend and tackled the latter in a tight hug.

 

“Hey! Wazzup?!” Sunny replied while having her body squeezed tight by her friend.

 

“Yah! When did you arrived?” Taeyeon asked as she pulled out from the hug.

 

“Just yesterday!” Sunny smiled.

 

“Why didn’t you called us?”

 

“I’ve been sleeping since yesterday! But hey look you’re the first I visit!”

 

“Yeah whatever!” Taeyeon hugged her friend again. “I miss you shorty!”

 

“I miss you too shorty!” Sunny returned the hug.

 

“Did I hear another shorty?!” Yuri screamed as she entered the room and joined her friends in the hug.

 

“Sunny unnie! You’re back!” Yoona dashed in and joined their group hug.

 

“Hey! I want a hug too!” Hyoyeon came next with a tray of warm coffee with her, she carefully placed it in the table before running to her friends and joining their group hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“What are you up to now that you’re back?” Hyoyeon asked her newly arrived friend.

 

“Hmmm I still jobless at the moment so, I guess I’m schedule free to hang out with you guys!” Sunny answered after sipping on her coffee. “Wow I miss you coffee Hyo!”

 

“Well nice to know you miss my coffee more than me!”

 

“That’s not true! You know I miss you guys a lot!”

 

“Yeah yeah we know! I’m just teasing you since I miss teasing you! Hahaha!”

 

“Are you going to open up your own clinic now?” Taeyeon was the second to ask.

 

“Hmmm not yet sure about that. But I won’t be definitely gonna go back to the hospital no matter how much good their paycheck is.” Sunny snorted a little.

 

“Why got tired of all the graveyard shifts?” Yuri asked next.

 

“Yeah I guess so.” Sunny sipped on her coffee again. Being a resident pediatrician in one of the prestigious hospital in Los Angeles has really worn her out. Not just physically but also mentally and emotionally. Plus having to be oceans apart with her friends and family also made it much harder even though she tried to reason out to herself that it’s for her dream, her future.

 

“Then just stay with us Unnie! You can work with us!” Yoona cheerfully side hugged Sunny.

 

“Hahaha Yoong! What am I supposed to do here then?”

 

“Hmmm you can pretty much do anything you like. In our line of work you pretty much don’t need your MD title. Just use your pretty smile and bright personality to lure customers and viola you already have a job that is not stressful and death free!” Yoona irrationally speak making Sunny cringed a bit specially with the last word.

 

“Yah!” The older girls shouted at their youngest.

 

“Sorry Unnie! I didn’t mean to… you know.” Yoona apologetically looked at Sunny next.

 

“That’s okay Yoongie!” Sunny affectionately patted the younger girl’s head to assure her and the rest that she’s okay.

 

‘I guess I still won’t be able to move on from that accident even though I came back home. I just hope that eventually I would.’ Sunny quietly sipped on her coffee again. Her friends just watched her intently already dismissing all thoughts of asking her about her plans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“I hope Sunny will get over it soon. I’m not really use in seeing this quiet and sad looking Soonkyu. I want our old Soonkyu back.” Hyoyeon spoke while she’s wiping some cups and neatly arranging them in the corner.

 

“Yeah I’m a bit worried about her too. I can’t believe that’s she’s turning to be the old Taeyeon three years ago. But I got to admit that Sunny is still tolerable than Taengoo back then.” Yuri answered back as she stopped working on her laptop.

 

“You bet! Taengoo is much worst! Glad that she’s picking up again but now the other shorty wants to replace her. Aish what’s with these shorty’s?”

 

“Maybe something ‘bout their heights!” Yuri tried to joke. “OMG! I must be warned since you’re short too, you might be next in line!”

 

“Yah! I’m taller than the two of them!” Hyoyeon threw her towel to Yuri and smiled as she hears the latter’s loud laughter.

 

‘What ever happened I will never stop standing beside these silly girls. Because I know they will do the same with me too. Well I already had proven that when that thing happened to me back then.’ Hyoyeon trip down memory lane, remembering that one tragedy that made her lose everything that she had worked hard on for almost all her life.  She had lost it all, material things, fame, recognition but nothing beats her losing her dreams, her career, the respect from the people she had worked with which she worked hard on so much to attain. But sadly, those people she had worked with and she also respected a lot where the ones that bring her down. But what’s done is done, no more dwelling in hatred, she had too much of that already. She knows that she’s still lucky after all that. She saw who are her real friends amidst the ocean of fake ones. People would come and go but only the real ones would opt to stay.

 

‘No matter how crappy our individual lives had been all these years there’s always that one ground that we always end up with at the end of the day and that is beside each other.’ Hyoyeon took three cups and poured hot chocolate into it.

 

“Here take this, it’s for you, Yoong and Taeng. No more coffee’s for the three of you, you guys already drank enough this afternoon.” She pushed the tray towards Yuri who just smiled at her in return.

 

“Thanks Hyo! Hey, have I told you I love your chocolate latte too?!”

 

“I know! I wouldn’t agree into this business if I didn’t know!” Both smirked playfully at each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Unnie, are you busy?” Yoona’s head peek on the small opening of Taeyeon’s door.

 

“Just finished sorting out the pictures you and Yuri took at the Song’s 50th anniversary.” Taeyeon smiled a little remembering the pictures of the old couple her friends took.

 

“Ah they are such a wonderful couple! I want to be like them when I grow old.” The younger girl dreamily said.

 

“You better get married first before you get to celebrate a wedding anniversary Yoong!” Taeyeon teases her younger friend.

 

“Unnie~~~”

 

“Just kidding Yoong. Sorry.”

 

“Nah it’s okay! But seeing them makes me believe that there is still a possibility that a marriage could last that long.” Yoona said in flat tone.

 

“And here I wonder how does it possible for you to still take wedding picture when you yourself don’t believe it could last.” She couldn’t help but admire the younger girl on how she could still stay positive in the aspect of love and marriage although a bit wavering, but still she hopes and that’s all that matters.

 

Yoona’s mind went distant when she remembered why she no longer believes in marriage or any form of commitment. Her parents made those same vows too, 25 years ago but decided they can no longer live to those words after merely living with each other for 6 years. Leaving a young and confused Yoona all by herself with no parents to make her understand of what was happening at that moment. No warm embrace coming from her mother to make her feel loved. No soft assuring words coming from her father to make her feel secured.

 

She was tossed under her grandparents care after that, not that she hates it, and she thinks that it was the only good thing that ever came out from the separation of her parents. The other thing that she learned from that is never make promises you can’t keep. Besides, you can never commit into something if you can’t hold on to a single promise. That’s what Yoona had believed in since she was a mere child. But still there is that little part of her that wanted to believe.

 

“Simple Unnie, it’s just like your motto of not taking a single picture of people specially models but making an exception with Taeji, your family and us.” Yoona retorted to the older girl with a knowing smile plastered on her lips.

 

“Pisshh smart !” The older bickered back.

 

“Anyway, what I really came here for is because I wanted to ask you if I could take a day off tomorrow ‘coz Sunny unnie asked me if I could accompany her looking for a new place.”

 

“Ah okay you can go with Sunny. We don’t have a gig for tomorrow and nothing much to do anyway so Yul will just help Hyo in the café tomorrow since I’ll be going to the clinic too for an appointment.”

 

“Ooohhh finally going to visit Fany unnie huh!” The younger girl suddenly looked excited upon hearing the word clinic.

 

“Yah! I’ll be going back there for Taeji’s teeth not because I wanted to her or anything!”

 

“Pisshh whatever Unnie! Deny all you want!” Yoona smirked at her ridiculously denying unnie.

 

“Just go and finish whatever picture you need to edit before you go have your day off tomorrow!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Morning Yul! You’re early! No late night parties and sleepover with some random hot chic you met at a club or something?!” Hyoyeon was clearly surprise to find the other girl already at their café before her.

 

“Nah! I don’t feel like partying last night or in the last few nights before! So, since I got nothing much to do I decided to just head straight here after I finished my morning jog.” She answered truthfully to her newly arrival friend.

 

“Oh okay since you says so! I’ll fix us some breakfast while you’re cleaning.” Hyoyeon hurried inside the kitchen to prepare them some breakfast.

 

Lately, Yuri had been growing tired from kind of lifestyle she has been leading for quite a while. Her days all week would be spend working with her friends in their shared business while her nights would be spent with the company of strangers she had met for the night. Her life was nothing but a mundane routine that she lives every day. If only not for her friends, Yuri thinks that she had gone crazy a long, long time ago. She wanted to feel something but she quite doesn’t know what’s that something she’s been wanting to feel all this time.

 

Yuri absentmindedly swiped the floor and arranged the chairs and table then swiping it surface next. She was about to head back inside the stock room to pile up the cleaning materials again when the store’s door chime rang out inside the still silent.

 

“Sorry we’re still closed! We’re just still cleaning!” Yuri turned hastily but upon realizing who the person that had just entered their café had her frozen immediately.

 

“Sorry, sorry! I didn’t see the signage and just entered!” The girl furiously bowed to apologize.

 

“Hey! It’s okay! Uhm, Je- Jessica.” She can’t help but to stutter a little bit, still isn’t able to recover from her shocked. Her breath constrict in her lungs as she tries to catch on it again.

 

The other girl suddenly raised her hunch back from bowing to look at the café crew that she saw cleaning when she entered. She was wondering how that person knows her name when she clearly doesn’t know the other person.

 

‘Wait she does kinda look familiar!? Where did I saw her before?!’ Jessica narrowed her eyes trying to remember where she had met the tan skin girl in front of her.

 

“Uhm, if you’re wondering where we met. We met a couple of days ago in the mall through an accident. A child followed your friend Tiffany and that child was my bestfriend’s niece. Our group of friends had an ice cream after.” Jessica’s questions had been answered by the girl in front of her and her eyes went wide instantly.

 

“And in case you also forgot my name, it’s Yuri, Kwon Yuri!” Yuri beamed a smile at Jessica who looked like she finally remembers her but is still struggling to remember her name.

 

‘She looks so cute looking so confused then shock the next second! Back then she just look so reserve and quiet, and her cold aura was no joke! But look at her now? Ah! This girl is really…” Her thoughts were loss for words in trying to figure out what does the other girl have that piqued her interest so much. Her thought was then cut off by the next action of the other girl.

 

“Yuri. Kwon Yuri. A very beautiful name! Just like the owner!” Jessica sweetly smiled at Yuri making her forget everything she thought about the other girls a moment ago. That smile melts away all the icy impression she had saw before. And Yuri turned into another dazed idiot because of a simple smile and also just added another reason on her list why Jessica Jung seems to be interesting and with that smile playing all over her mind, occupying all the nooks and edges of it. That unknown organ of her body has suddenly started beating. For the first time she felt it rapidly beating, for the first time she felt suddenly alive. With only just one sweet smile, Kwon Yuri finally knows what is that something she’s been searching for.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________

just a little something about the other girls

i think i still haven't wrote something about the other three.

but i'll try next time...

 

i'm wondering is this story boring or what???

hehehehe since there's no feed back or anything...

but thanks to those who already read the story

and those who left a comment hehehe :)