And Then She Fell

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP: Jay was standing in front of me, now. Not even 6 inches between us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Welcome home, Jay,” I said, but with my lack of breath, it came out as a whisper.

He took my hands in his, lacing our fingers together and placed his forehead against mine. “I’m home…” He whispered back, tears threatening to spill from his sad eyes again.

I smiled a kind smile and un-weaved our hands to wipe away the tears as they slid down his pale face.

“I’m sorry, ~~~~~. I’m so sorry,” his voice cracked, grabbing my hands yet again.

I took a step toward him, closing the distance between us, and hugged him.

“I’m so sorry,” he repeated.

“Shhhhh,” I shushed him, moving my hands to pat his back in a soothing manner, like you would do with a baby, to get them to stop crying. “It’s okay Jay,” I said. “It’s okay. Things will be okay,” I offered words of comfort.

“I’m sorry,” he repeated.

“I don’t blame you, Jay. Not one bit. It’s not your fault. Things got out of control, but you had no control over it. You apologized sincerely, and came home to show your sincerity as to how sorry you are about the things you said four years ago,” I continued to soothe him. “The netizen that started all of this even apologized, saying they didn’t mean for it to go this far. Find it in your heart to forgive them, Jay… Just as how you want everyone to forgive you for what was said four years ago. If you can find it in your heart to forgive the netizen, I’m sure the anti netizens will forgive you in due time, as well. They’ll understand sooner or later.”

I felt Jay squeeze me a bit, tightening our hug. I just continued to whisper words of comfort to him, and hug him back.

[A FEW MINUTES LATER]

After Jay had finally calmed down, we headed to get his luggage, hand in hand.

I felt that if I let go of Jay’s hand, he would crumble. He looked so weak and frail… He was as pale as a ghost, and I was worried he hadn’t been eating, sleeping, properly taking care of himself since the scandal came out. So I made sure that my grip on his hand was strong.

I had sworn many years ago, when we were still kids, that I’d always be there for Jay, as he would be for me. I wasn’t about to back out of that promise.

[FLASHBACK]

“Jay-oppa?” I asked, holding onto his hand innocently.

“Yeah, ~~~~~?” He replied.

“Thanks for saving me, Jay-oppa” I told him.

“No big deal. Those guys couldn’t handle me anyways,” Jay joked.

I giggled. “Because they know that my oppa will beat them up if they hurt me, right?”

“Right!” He agreed. “I’ll never let anyone lay a hand on you.”

“Really?” I asked, hopefully.

Jay nodded. “Mmhmm. I promise that I’ll always be there for you, ~~~~~.”

“Chincha?” I asked him.

Jay nodded again. “I swear on my life, that I’ll always be there for you.”

I smiled at Jay and also swore to myself, that I would always be there for Jay.

[BACK TO PRESENT. BACK AT JAY’S PARENTS’ HOUSE]

I parked my car in front of Jay’s parents’ house and took my key from the ignition, looking over at a sleeping Jay, in the passenger seat.

I smiled softly, not wanting to wake him up, but knowing that I should.

I poked Jay in the arm, and was surprised at how built he had become, when I nearly broke my finger from poking him the arm. I guess all that working out was bound to make him a whole lot more built. I took a moment to glance over Jay, before realizing what I was doing, and shaking my head of any odd thoughts. Jay was my childhood friend. I shouldn’t be getting any weird thoughts.

“Jay..” I shook Jay lightly. “Wake up~!” I shook him again.

I patted his cheeks lightly when he didn’t so much as stir from his sleep.

“Jay!” I yelled, frustrated. “At least get up and go inside and sleep!” I whined.

He st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter