W

Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, are you feeling okay? You don't look so good." 

I glanced at my friend, concern in her eyes. I waved it off. "I'm fine. Just a rough day today," I told her. 

She sat down with me on the bus as we rode back to our neighborhood. She sideglanced at me again as I leaned my head against the window, closing my eyes. 

"Are you sure? I can't help but notice that you've had a lot of 'rough days' lately," she said, giving me a weary look. 

I opened my eyes and turned to stare at her as she reached her hand over, feeling my forehead. Her eyebrows came together in concern. "Hey, you're burning up! We need to get you home quick!" she said, retracting her hand. 

I shook my head, leaning against the cold window, watching the raindrops race down the window. There wasn't really any need to fret so much. It was normal for someone to get sick, right? 

"I can't believe you actually came to work in your condition! You didn't even bring an umbrella! You're pretty much asking to get sick!" She scolded me, looking through her bag for her own umbrella. 

"I'm sure I have it here somewhere..." I heard her mutter as my eyelids closed again. I just wanted to rest against the cool window for just a minute, wanting complete silence. Just once. But it never was.

Next thing I know, I felt a poke in my arm, making me open my eyes. I turned my head in the direction of the poke. My friend was staring down at me, taking me by the arm. 

"Come on, let's go. I found my umbrella," she said, giving me a smile, waving the umbrella at me. I gave her a tired smile as I let her guide me out. The bus pulled away as we both walked to our apartment building. 

I shivered in the cold air as the rain pelted down. Suddenly, a man appeared, walking towards us. I gave him a quick glance as he walked towards us in a hurry, but not before bumping in to me. My friend glanced at him, giving him a small glare as I turned around to watch him walk by. "Geez, people these days," she muttered. I almost turned back around, but noticed something shiny on the sidewalk.

"Hold on," I said to her as I bent down to grab it. My friend protested as the rain came down at me. I picked up to the shiny thing to find it be a nacklace. It was silver and had beautiful embridery on it, a dragon in the midle of the pendant. I looked up at the direction the man had disappeared to as I straightened up.

"What's that?" she asked me. I turned it around in my hand, looking at the back of the pendant. I squinted at it as I wiped off the rain from it.

"I don't know...it says something Chinese on it, I think. Maybe the man from earlier dropped it..." I said to her. She shrugged, "Oh well. Finder's keeper, loser's weeper," she said. I hooked my arm through hers as I stuck it in my pocket. My friend sighed, changing the subject. "If only it was raining lightly; it would be so pretty, but it's coming down like hail." 

I chuckled as she continued to curse the rain the whole way home. She keyed us into the building and took us up to our apartment. She layed me down on the sofa before running to her room and taking off her wet clothes, also bringing me a fresh outfit. 

"Quick, change. You're already sick!" She exclaimed, handing me the clothes as she ran to the kitchen to warm up some soup. I nodded and stripped myself in the living room, changing into the sweats she gave me. 

I grabbed one of the blankets on the sofa and wrapped it around myself as I leaned my head against the arm rest. I closed my eyes, listening to my friend worry and talk to herself. 

I sighed in content as I let my mind slip away and my body relax. The sound of my friend talking to herself were soon gone.

It was replaced by the silence, when it was suddenly interrupted by some footsteps. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. No one wears shoes inside, so why do I hear shoes. I opened my eyes to find myself not at home, but in a gazebo near a river, the sun, slowly, starting to raise. 

Then I noticed him. 

He was standing with his back towards me, his hands behind him. 

"W-Who...are you?" I asked him. The man turned around from look out at the rising sun. He gave me a breathtaking smile, outstretching his hand towards me. 

"How about I show you around?" He said. I took his hand, a sudden waft of relaxation going through me. I had no idea who this man was, but I felt secure with him. 

His huge hand enclosed around my small ones as he tugged me out of the gazebo. We walked along a dirt path together through a meadow, hand in hand. 

"I waited quite some time for someone to show up," the man said, smiling at me. I looked up at him as he glanced back up at the sky. 

"You've...waited?" I asked him. He nodded as he closed his eyes, momentarily stopping. 

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter