Chapter One

Behind The Door

Chapter 1 

Minhyun took a deep breath before he stepped through the doors of the school. It was his first day to attend the least popular high school in Seoul, "Pledis High". Minhyun had been homeschooled most of his life.  His family had recently moved to Seoul from the United States. Since his family was pure Korean, they had already used Korean in their home back in the States and so it wasn't hard in the least to understand it.    

"Come on, Mini!!" Eunji, a friend of his and the daughter of the family that lived in the apartment next to his called out brightly, waving her hand over her head.  "We are going to be late. Trust me, I won't let anything go wrong. Don't be so nervous!!"  

Minhyun smiled at her and nodded his head.  Eunji was one of those flawless beauties.  She had long black hair and every time that Minhyun had seen her, she was wearing a classy outfit such as she was now. She had on a navy blue sheer shirt was a bow on the chest followed up by a black miniskirt. She was very quiet for the most part but she seemed to be very reliable.  He had only known her for three weeks so he was still getting to know her.   

"I'm coming."  He called out and jogged up next to her and entered the building.  

After searching down the hall for a moment they entered the classroom that their first lesson was to be taught in. Eunji led him around the room until they found the desk that had his name marker on it.  She told him to sit there and then set about searching for her own desk which she found on the opposite side of the room in the middle of the front row. Minhyun watched as serveral other students approached Eunji and greeted her and every time they only spoke with her for about five minutes and then left to find their seats. After watching several different students meet their seat partner, he started wondering whom his would be.  

After about fifteen minutes, the teacher came walking.  "Good Morning, everyone." He greeted his class. He was a young man, most likely in his mid to late twenties.  His bleached hair was the professionally combed all to one side and on the bridge of his nose was perched a pair of black, rectangular framed glasses."My name is Kang Sandeul I am going to be your teacher again this year.  I am told that their is a new student in this class. Could he please stand and introduce himself?"  

Minhyun stood up, shaking slightly in his boots.  "My name is Minhyun. I just moved here from America. I will work my hardest. Please take care of me!"  

"Nice to meet you, Minhyun." Sandeul grinned at him. "You may sit back down now." He turned away from the class and started to write on large old fashion chalk board. "Please open your math books to page-" 

The bang of the door flying open and hitting the wall cut off his sentence. In strode four of the most disagreeable looking fellows. They were all being led but a blond haired boy who was about a head and a half shorter than Minhyun was. Behind him were the other three.  They all looked similar in appearances except for the second tallest. His hair was blond like the boy that was leading them. The others had their natural black.   

"You're late, Ren." Sandeul stated. "By a good three minutes." 

The small blond man looked up at the teacher. "We had things to deal with that were more important than any lame math class that you could ever give." He shot back with a calm superior attitude.  

"That still does not give you the right to break the rules." Sandeul answered him. "Rule 4: On the first day of school, all students are require to attend every one of their classes." 

"We're here aren't we?" Ren rolled his eyes. "There is nothing about being on time. Be thankful that we arrived before the last three minutes." With that he strode through the class, towards the four empty seats in the back of the room. As they past MinhyunRen stopped.  "Who are you?"  

Ren's blond friend who was bring up the rear looked on with a mix expression of shock and amusement.  

Minhyun stood up. "I am Minhyun, a new student here."  

"Hmm..." Ren looked straight forward and continued on his way.  None of the other looked at him until the taller blond man past him and he just smiled at him and nodded his head to him with a bright smile. 

~*~ 

After the first session of classes, everyone broke for lunch.  Minhyun and Eunji met each other under a tree that stood next to the playground. They unboxed their lunches and quickly started eating.  

"So what do you think of the school?" Eunji asked.  

Minhyun swallowed the piece of kimbap he had just put in his mouth and then answered. "I like it a lot.  It is different from what I expected. 

"Really what did you expect it to be like?" Eunji asked as she blindly reached for her drink.  

Minhyun shrugged. "I thought that-" 

"Oh!!" Eunji gasped as she saw that she had just knocked over her soda can. She quickly picked it up but it had all spilt out. She huffed. "That is just the pits." She muttered. 

Minhyun stood up. "I'll go buy you another."  

Eunji shook her head. "No, it's alright." 

"Seriously!" Minhyun shook his head. "Let me. You are already doing a lot for me. The least I can do is buy a soda for you." He took the empty can from Eunji's hand and started off. "I'll be right back!" 

He entered the school cafeteria and tossed the empty soda container into a nearby garbage can.  As fast as he could, he made his way to the soda machine. He dodged a few people swiftly. He found himself very thankful of the dance classes that his mother had insisted that he go through in elementary school. He paid for the new soda and then started on his way out. 

"Yah, Minhyun." 

The American student stopped and turned around with a wide eyed smile. "Ye?"  

The owner of the voice that called his name was the tall blond man that had been with Ren in class. "Come with me. Ren wants to see you."   

"I am a little busy at the moment, can we meet up sometime later?" Minhyun lifted the can as a hint. 

"Ren isn't the most patient man." The man responded. "It can't be put off, you can give the soda to your girlfriend later."  

"She isn't my girlfriend." Minhyun's eyes grew as he shook his head and waved his arms around wildly. "Just a friend." 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" The young man laughed at the reaction. "You might want to stop shaking that can around. It is going to be a bomb when you give it to her!" 

Minhyun blink and glanced at the coke. "Ah, yeah." He laughed slightly to himself. "This isnt going to be pretty. Should I buy a new one for her?" He sighed. "I guess I can come with you while this settles. As long as it's quick. I don't want to keep her waiting."  

The man laughed and nodded his head. " Follow me." He led Minhyun through the hallways of classrooms and finally stopped at a science lab room at the very end of the hall. "Here we are." He opened the door and entered. "I got him!" He announced. "The newbie student here!!" 

Ren looked up from a folder that he was flipping through. "About bloody time. I was about to fall asleep of boredom." 

'A nap might be good for him. He's so....short!Minhyun though as he watched the teen stand up.  

"I am Ren, the leader of this school's student body." The man introduced himself and then each of the others in turn. "The one that brought you here is, Baekho. Over there is Aron."  

Aron was the second shortest. He was plainly dressed except for his hair with was styled. He nodded to him with a slight smile. 

"He is JR." Ren jerked his head towards the tallest of the group. 

Jinhun looked like he had just tasted something foul as he glanced at Minhyun. His person was definitely a work of art. His hair was dyed jet black and his clothes were of a punk nature with chains and mulptiple piercings on his ears. 

"Nice to meet you all, but why am I here?" Minhyun asked.  

Ren smirked. "Trust me, it is not every new kid that gets summoned by us." He sighed. "You shall find that out soon enough though." 

Minhyun frowned. He didn't like the look of the teens at all but he didn't want to just assume things so he stayed friendly. "That doesn't answer my question though."  

Aron turned to him. "The reason you are here, is that you are invited to join us." 

"Join you??" Minhyun frowned.  

"Like as in this friendship circle." Aron nodded his head.  

"Oh!" Minhyun's eyebrows shot up. "Sure! I would love to be friends with y'all but for right now I have to go. See you guys around!!" With that he turned away and left the room as Ren gave his nod of approval 

A moment of silence passed between Ren and his friends. 

"I still don't like him." JR stated. "He's too bubbly so quick to speak. Acts so.....so innocent." 

"None of that matters." Ren picked up the folder he had been looking through before Minhyun had entered the room. "All that matters is his skill."  

"And what exactly is that?!" JR demanded.  

Ren sighed. "He has trained is Judo, Aikido, TaeKwonDoe, and Karate since he was young." 

"And dance classes like, zumba and pop." JR huffed.  

Baekho snickered. "I can't believe I am hearing this from the guy who still takes ballet."   

JR shot him a glare, clenching his fists "That is only because my moth-" 

"Don't start this again." Ren groaned. "He also has records in stage acting."  

"So? What good is that?!" JR snapped. 

"Don't raise you voice to me." Ren glared up at him. "It has everything to do with it. Look at the plusses." 

"Plusses?" JR gave an irritated growl. "Just list the plusses that any of that priss  give us."  

"Dancing is swiftness and the ability to be quick and fluid at the same time. Also known as someone who can make a fast escape." Ren explained. "Stage acting is the ability to lie with ease. It says here that he played many of the main roles. That is means he was the best in his group."  

JR pursed his lips in an attempt to not shoot back a reply he was going to regret 

Baekho laughed. "Gosh, that talented bastard." He leaned slightly forward as he braced himself on the wall. "Isn't he just so perfect? 

JR shot Baekho a glare that would have melted anybody who wasn't used to it. "Shut the h*ll up." 

Ren stood up and strode over the window, the closed folder in his hand. He watched Minhyun run out to the Eunji and hand her the drink, apologizing for his lateness. "He has no clue what he just got himself into. He's quite the easy one." He smirked as he watch the coke bubble and fizz over. "I like him."