Chapter 1

Are you the spoilt brat?

-Kimberly’s POV-

As I pulled my luggage with my head hung low, I have decided… Since it has been a while, I shall treat it as a study break, a good long vacation, a chance to take care of my beloved grandfather who might be departing soon.

 

“Well, its time. Aja AJA! I can do it, even if I am alone.”

 

On the plane, the typical safety guidelines demonstration, the intro from the crew, the peanut and drinks and a little light reading on the flight.

 

I have bought a copy of the Times magazine beforehand as mummy said there was an interview of her somewhere in its pages. On the cover was this young guy, not bad looking, suave in a casual suit and the title reads. ‘Chen, the youngest billionaire up for grabs.’

Looks like there is a single hottie up for grabs. Now where is that interview about mum…

 

Off the flight, there was already someone with my name on a placard and he was a kind person to chauffeur me to my lodging. With thanks, I gave him a small tip.

 

“Wow, so exaggerating…” I wore my sunglasses and had my hoodie covering my face as I punched in the numbers to the villa in the address.

 

“Hey mum, I am here in Korea, in this majestic villa you got me. What is this man!? Too much money to spend?!”

“Look honey, this villa belongs to your grandpa and it is exactly where he stayed before he was too ill and had to be hospitalized. I believe there is an envelope in the mail, read it and call me when you feel more comfortable living in that house. Bye huns!”

 

-End of Kimberly’s POV-

That almighty envelope contains a credit card with unlimited credit for your living expenses, the emergency contacts and address of the hospital that your grandfather is in, car keys to your little BMW beetle in the garage.

 

You are so~ not used to it. The luxury of living in a villa, alone. Instead of using the biggest room available, you are simply fine with the little guest room at the first level, next to the kitchen, no wondering around as it gets a little spooky to be home alone at night even if all the lights are on. You are cozy as how you are living abroad, sharing a homely area with a roommate, with chatters and laughs. Now it is just too sudden. From a student living abroad all the while, earning your income through part time jobs, living off cooking your own meals, paying your own bills and coping with studies… This week has been a hectic one for you to handle with.

 

So you input the area code of the hospital and let the GPS guide you on your little beetle. Cruising through the streets of Seoul and here you are, Seoul National University Hospital. The biggest and best in town. Time for some family bonding moments.

 

As you entered the room, your grandpa greeted you with smiles.

“Isn’t that my kimmie kim?!” He spoke softly as he cradled you into his arms and patting your back gently. Seeing him with an oxygen tube attached, it almost brought you to tears.

“Grandpa… :’) I am here for you, so don’t you worry ok? Are you in pain? You can talk slowly. I will be your listening ear.”

“You know me, it has been years that I have this sickness, now it is nearing my time to go. Tomorrow is my 85th birthday. Ha! Still alive. So no worries my dear.”

“Haha, what’s with that villa that mum told me to stay in? That doesn’t seem to be the old house I have seen when I am young.”

“The old one was the same villa! You were too young, 4 years of age before your parents decide to migrate abroad. I had it rebuilt with the investments the company has made over the 20 years you were gone. You are my one and only heir. It will be yours in the future.”

 

After the lovely chat with your grandpa, you decide to head home while he rest for the night and when tomorrow morning comes, you will prepare something nice for him.