Ch 1: He Loves Me... Not

Dreams of Elysium

Note: If you haven't read the prologue yet, please do!

Good news! This time it's k-indie~


Ch. 1: He Loves Me... Not

Pov: 1st person- You

          "You know... you're beautiful."

           A deep voice whispered the words I'd been longing to hear softly in my ear. I then opened my eyes and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was standing on what seemed to be a sea of clouds drifting in the sky which was beautifully painted with bues of pink, blue, and purple. After immersing myself into the sight, I remembered the voice and began to look around to find its owner.

          "You should learn to appreciate yourself more."

          I froze. I felt as if my heart had been pierced with a dagger upon hearing that. I wasn't really sure how to "appreciate myself". I guess you can say I don't feel as if I have a reason to. There's so much that I'm not and wish I could be.

          "There's so many great things about you. I'm sure if you were to stop comparing yourself to others and focusing on what you don't have you would see that."

          "But how do I do that?" I blurt out.

          "You have to want to."

          This time, I was rather exasperated. He's saying I don't appreciate myself because I don't want to? How absurd! And now that I think about it, who is he anyways?

          "Um... Who and where are you?"

          ...

          "You'll soon see."

          A cool breeze brushed against my face and strangely, I felt as if he wasn't here anymore.

 


          Beep beep!

          The sound of the alarm clock blast through my ears and woke me from the strange dream. Today was our school's meet and greet which meant that summer vacation was coming to an end soon [sadly]. I'm not sure why, but the past year in general went by rather fast. I practically slept as a 10 grader then woke up the next day as an 11th grader. Anyways, I was supposed to get ready.

          I surfed through my closet for something cute to wear and quickly decided on an outfit. Then I sat and followed a makeup tutorial on youtube.

          I normally didn't dress like this or think much of makeup despite my low self esteem, but I decided that this year would be my year. I would be the girl everyone wanted to be and be with; no more self pity or silly fantasies holding me back. Most of all, I could actually have a chance with Kris, and this might sound kinda evil but I was also hoping Amy would be jealous of me.

          When I was done, I stepped inside the and drove. The feeling that comes with being able to drive is great! I guess it's the freedom and sense of responsibility that comes with it. At the same time it frightens me too because soon, I'll be having to live all on my own and facing the troubles all adults have to face like working and paying bills. Then again if it eventually works out for them, it might work out for me as well.

         I arrive and immediately go to the school auditorium where the presentation was. Usually they bored me since they all talk about the same thing. It'd be nice to hear something other than applying for colleges, the SAT, and other boring school stuff no teenager is willing to discuss, but I should probably get back on topic now.

          After the presentation, it was time for the actual meeting and greeting.

          "We'll be giving you all a piece of coloured paper. When we're done, please find the teacher holding a sign with the same colour as your paper."

          I happened to have orange so I looked around the auditorium until I found a petite girl [most definitely a senior]waving an orange sign around. As I approached her, I saw a familiar face.

          "Angel!"

          "Oh hey! Haven't seen you all summer."

          It's true. I wasn't the outdoorsy type because if you haven't noticed, I'm rather antisocial... Or at least used to be since this year I was going to make lots of friends.

          "Yeah I've been busy...."

          "No problem."

          She then leaned in and whispered in my ear, "Guess who's in the group?"

          She gestured her elbow towards who I looked forward the most to see, none other than Kris Wu. He seemed to wear a rather cold expression on his face, the one we all see in TV Shows, manga, books, you name it.

          "Ayo waddup Kris!"

          A guy who I assumed was one was his friends called out to him. Unlike him, it was more obvious that this guy was Asian.
          "Hey Chanyeol..." Kris replied monotoned. Sheesh... Was he a robot or something?

          Our group leader whistled through her fingers to get our attention, "Okay guys! We're gonna go to the back side of the school to get your schedules!"

          I eyed mine when I recieved it:

Note: This information is fake and was generated from fakenamegenerator

  LAST: XU                             ADDRESS: 1398 Keyser  Ridge Road                           FIRST: LIFENG              Thomasville, NC 27360                  

      PHONE094-895-585      LOCKER:       C304       COMBINATION: 31-6-3 

      GRADE: 11                          STUDENT ID: 00986

Class Period

Room

Pre-AP Biology 1 A112
Honors English 2 B231
Mixed Choir 3 A148
Lunch A
Calculus 4 B200
Psychology 5 A245
Mandarin 6 A201

Another note: For those not living in the usa that are reading this fanfic, AP stands for advanced placement (higher level classes). Honors is considered that as well but on a lower level.

          I was rather pleased with the classes I got, except Mandarin. I was pretty much forced to take it by my mom who's afraid I might forget my culture or whatever. It's a cool language and all, but I don't plan on living in China or anything so I don't find it to be very useful. That and I'm not "forgetting my culture" or anything. In fact I cherish it; I just don't show it. Parents these days... No matter what you say they'll think otherwise.

          After that we did several lame activities that would've been more suitable for kindergarteners, but I caught Kris looking at me several times which made me happy that he noticed how pretty I was... or at least I thought so.

          "Don't tell me you're trying to become like one of those girls."

          At the end of the meet and greet, he approached me as I was walking towards the car.

          "Look. I don't know you personally, but I've seen you around. I've noticed you're not confident about yourself which I find rather strange because you're a really good singer and you're much prettier without that much makeup on."

          I was rather shocked. Did I not hear it correctly? Did he just call me pretty? I was ready to die on the spot. I wasn't used to hearing that much praise and especially not from the guy I liked.

          "Hey! Did you hear what I said?"

           I snapped out of it, "I'm sorry what?"

          "I said my friend Chanyeol wants to know if you're busy at the moment."

          "Um-"

          "He'll be waiting by his car to hear your answer." He pointed to where I could find it then walked away without hearing what I had to say.

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV- 1st person- Kris

          Girls like that frustrate me. I wish they would all realize that the whole thing with makeup and dressing up is just a lie. You look pretty for 10 seconds and then that's it. Then your whole world crashes down as you realize that its effects are temporary and soon your guy will go find some other girl who is probably just like you and then repeat.

          Perhaps I shouldn't speak though. Sometimes I wish I could live carefree like all the other guys and hook up with girls here and there, but I know I won't be happy doing that while knowing the truth behind fantasies and reality. Life can be so confusing. I just hope that it all works out in the end.

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pov- 1st person- You

          I walked over to Chanyeol's car because if I didn't and kept him waiting it would be rude wouldn't it? And he looked rather happy that I came as I approached him.

         "So, I take it as you're free," he immediately suggested.

          It honestly pissed me off a bit and I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. If I remembered correctly I was here to tell him if I was busy or not. Was he one of those playboys that don't take no for an answer?

          "Well yes I'm free, but why did you call me over?"

          "To be honest, you were just so pretty that I had to ask you out! If you don't mind, would you like to eat out at the Orange Café with me?"

          I blushed at his blunt reply and request. I did wish Kris was the one to say that just a little, but this guy didn't seem half bad. I observed his fashion sense; a plaid yellow shirt with half sleeves, ed and worn over a white T-shirt with SHINee'a logo and dark blue jeans to match. He was tall but not as tall as him which was fine. Overall, I'd say a 8/10.

          "Oh! I forgot! You might wanna call your parents and tell them where you're going. I'm sorry it was rather rude of me to just ask you out without being considerate of your family."

          I smiled. I made a habit of studying after school at the community library last year so my family was used to me coming home late [and pleased as well]. Even so, I was touched by how thoughtful he was. Maybe he wasn't a playboy after all.

          "It's fine. They won't care."

          "Great! Would you like for me to pick you up after you drop your car off at your house or would you rather I drop you off here after our date?"

          "I would prefer the latter."

          And with that, I got in the car and rode to the destination where I'd have my first date ever. Boy were things gettin good.