Angel

I Survived
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was dark. I closed my eyes and easily drift off to sleep.

I woke up from a dream. I was running from the cracked earth and I tripped and fell into the gap. Then, out of nowhere, an angel grabbed my hand and pull me up to his embrace. His wings were pure, fluffy, and feathery. So soft that I fell into a deep sleep. That's when I woke up again, stuck in the wreckage.

Stuff flew in my eyes and I managed to blink it away. I can't move any muscles in my body. I can feel the bruised areas on my body and sore muscles. My breathing was shallow and quick. The air is too polluted! Can I die like this? Can I not suffer?

I struggled to move the stuff piled up on me, but something shifted and my arm got caught and bent the wrong way. When I found my voice, I screamed for help knowing that there'll be no one. I kept screaming, but I couldn't find fresh air to breathe. Then I stopped because I broke down crying. I let it all out, not even care to cry silently. 

Suddenly, the wreckage above me rattled. I kept crying and I couldn't stop. One by one, the pieces were heard thrown in the other direction. I can hear heavy breathing and it just keeps working on to get me out. It continued until I saw a speck of sunlight. The debris on top of my face is finally gone and the sun was high. I saw a silhouette of a male looming over me. He continued to dig me out and then he pulled me up from the wreckage. 

"Ahh!!" I yelped, holding my arm. He pulled the injured one. I crouch down sobbing.

"I'm sorry, are you alright??" He spoke, as he lowered his level to mine and check on my arm. I covered my face as I was sobbing, exposing my injured arm to him. "It's not broken, that's for sure. I might have some treatment for it." 

"No . . . my parents . . . Hanjo-chan---they're under here! You have to help me get them out! Please! Please help me!" I cried, as I threw the wreckages and began to make a hole. I flinched as my elbow gave me an aching pain. He grabbed my shoulders and pull me away.

"They're not there---" he said, getting cut off by me.

"Don't you dare say that!" I yelled at him and continued searching. Then a splintered wood pierced my finger and I cried out. 

He dragged me away from it again. "You know they're not there. Now quit it!" 

"Oh dear mother and father, Hanjo-chan . . ." I wept. Why does it have to be like this? Hanjo is still very young and why does he have to be taken away from me? From the world? I love that kid. 

I heard some shuffling in his bag and then I lift my head up to watched him as he do his thing. I wiped away my tears as I leaned on a piece of broken platform---how the heck did it get here? He took out a roll of fabric and roll it around my elbow. 

"Who are you?" I asked, flinching as he tightened it. 

He didn't respond. Then he glanced at me, I saw his sparkly eyes. Then he looked down and said, "You don't need to know, it's not necessary." I thought he was really going to tell me. But no. He tied it and finishes it. Then he treats my finger.

"Thanks for saving me though." I said, forcing a smile. He looked at me weird for a moment.

"How can you smile so easily after everything that's happened?" He said, shaking his head, crouching down with me. 

He kept staring at me for an answer. Then I broke down, couldn't keep it in any longer. I spoke through my ugly crying voice, "Because . . . I was glad that there's someone else left in the whole world with me. I honestly was trying to put the best impression for every person I meet. That's just how I am. I hate to think that the world ended, I've been trapped in that wreckage for two days and then---then you helped me when I lost hope. I thought that there wouldn't be any more smiles so---"

He embraced me as I sobbed. I took in his empathy. 

"I'm sorry I yelled at you." I said, he shook head. 

We were like that for a long moment. It feels good to hug someone and it doesn't have to be someone I know. But one thing that I wondered about is, is he the fallen angel? How did he survive?

We walked about the wreckages. I was limping, I guess my foot was sore. It looks like the junkyard, but it expands many more miles, it's endless. Even though it's sunny, it's also cloudy. There's no signs of life any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter