Final

Everything Ends With Her

After the ninth “move on!” I got from Jongin, I finally tried to.

Today, me and my gloomy heart search for fresh air after that break up. Within the sea of happy people, I think I am the only one who doesn’t smile at this Gangnam Street. I walked with my head down, look at my shoes as they step by step take me somewhere.

I continued on walk until my nose smell something familiar. I raise my head up and found the happiness of my life. Bubble tea.

I fastened my pace at the sight of the bubbles, but stopped as I remembered something. “Soojung, are you-“ I turn back, and found no one following me, like always. The reality came back to me. The reality that she is not by my side anymore.

 

“Come on! The bubble tea sold out the last time I got there!” I said while drag her to the new bubble tea café Luhan told me.

“Hey… Slow down…” She said while panting.

As my eyes caught the café sight, It made me want it even more. I fastened my pace, but stop after several steps. I felt her hand let mine go.

I look back and found her bend down and hold her knee, trying to control her breath.

“Hey! The bubble tea will sold out again! I-“ My voice trailed down when she throw me her icy glare. Oh no… The lion has woken up…

I winced and rub my shin as soon as she kick it. “It’s not my fault! It’s your feet that’s too long!” She left me after muttering “Jeez… Suho-ssi would be a better boyfriend. His pace is suitable with mine.”

Wait… Suho? That sunbae who confess to my girl before?

I rise, ran to her, and put my arms on her shoulder. “Soojung-ah,” I said “Having tall boyfriend is better than the short one. Like… He can change the light without ladder, and taller guy usually more handsome that short guy.”

“At least the guy who can keep his pace with his girl is better. Like Kris.” She said.

“Kris is not better! He is too tall. You need a huge house for him to fit.” I said. “I can keep my pace with you anyway. Okay?”

She stop and look at me. “Really?”

I smile and interwined our hands. “Really. You won’t find better boyfriend than me anywhere. Case closed, let’s get the bubble tea.”

 

 

Now, I don’t need to slow down my pace. I can walk as fast as I want from now on. So, let’s be optimistic. At least I don’t need to worry about a girl who always trailing behind me. Because she is not here.

My appetite of bubble tea disappear instantly. What is with me? Usually I would whined to Luhan for bubble tea. But now the bubble tea is in front of me, and I just let it pass?

I look at the stores around and found a clothing store. Maybe a new color for my wardrobe is not so bad.

I enter the store and the store clerk greets me.

She approach me. “What kind of clothes you’re searching for?” She ask me friendly.

“Anything in season.”

She sort the clothes. “How about this?” She gave me a red square patterned shirt. “Since it is spring, it’s suitable for this season.”

 

“Eww… It looks bad.” She said when I show her the shirt.

“Why? My sister said it’s in trend now.”

“Red square patterned shirt? It’s because EXO’s Kai wear it on the trailer, the girls went crazy about this shirt. It doesn’t suit you.” She rummage the clothes and took out a white tee with black strip. “How about this?”

I look at the tee. “Striped tee? It’s so common!” I show her my disagree.

She pout. “Too bad… I like guy with striped tee…” She put the tee back to it’s place.

“Suho-ssi wore striped tee last week, he looks so cool with that.”

Suho again? Jezz… She always compare me with Suho.

“Okay, I will choose the tee…” I said flatly.

She turn back and I could see brightness in her eyes. “Yayy!! Look! We can get a couple tee!” She grin and took another smaller tee.

I look at her childishness and smile. If it is not because of that grin, I won’t let Suho ruin my fashion style.

 

“Sir?” The store clerk wave her hand in front of me. I snapped out. I look around the store, that grin isn’t here anymore.

I took the shirt from the store clerk. “How much it is?”

 

~

Still on the Gangnam street, I pass a teenage group of rebels. They’re still in school uniform, but they’re smoking. I bet their mom will scold them to dead. The cigarette smell will stick on their clothes. I have ever experienced that.

 

“You’re smoking?” Soojung stand in front of the rooftop door.

Oops… She caught me again.

Instead of scold me, she sit beside me and look at the sky. It’s our senior year in high school, and after this we will have our graduation.

“Y-you’re not… mad?” I asked timidly.

“Why should I?” I let out a relieved sigh. “Your mom will scold you later. The smell at you uniform won’t vanish.”

I look at her. “It’s weird seeing you like me smoking.”

“Who says?” she said. “I heard Suho-ssi doesn’t smoking, maybe I should dance with him at the prom.” She look at me and shift a little bit. “Since I don’t like cigarette smell.”

“Wait, Suho again? Then just be his girlfriend. You like him that much, right?” I said and face the other side. If I act angry, she will soften a little right? Then she will realize how precious is me for her.

“Hmm… Not a bad idea, I should try it sometimes.” She said.

Wait. What?

I turn my head and… she has gone.

Did she really left me? For that Suho guy?

I look at the used cigarette on my hand. “It’s because of you! You stupid cigarette!” I throw the cigarette down the building.

I look at the sky. What if she take my words seriously? What if she return Suho’s feeling? What if-

I stop all my thought when I felt a peck on my lips. I look at the girl who is grinning beside me.

“Do you think I really go for Suho? I only want you as my guy.” She said.”But I think I still don’t like smoking guy, their lips felt bitter.”

Since that day, my mom doesn’t scold me for taking cigarettes anymore. That cherry lips of her taste better anyway.

 

I look at the minimarket. There is no reason for me to not smoking anymore, isn’t it?

~

I continue on walking at the Gangnam street. Not forgetting to fastened my pace.

“Oh Sehun!”  a voice called me. He tap my shoulder and pant.

I turned around and found Jongin “What’s wrong? Did your mom find out that you’re the one who eat up you brother’s birthday cake?”

Jongin look at me. “Why are you so fast?” he said “And no, my mom still hasn’t found that out yet.”

We walk again and he throw his arm on my shoulder. “You have gotten taller these days. Last year you’re shorter than me.” He state “You should control your pace, or your girl will have hard times to catch up.”

I throw him a glare at his words. Realizing that, he slowly covered his mouth. “Am I saying wrong?”

I sigh. “Forget it, let’s get bubble teas.”

 

~

 

“Have you forget her?” Jongin started our conversation. He brought 2 bubble tea, put 1 in front of me and the other across me, then he take a seat.

I shook my head.

“It has been 3 weeks! Move on, dude!” He said and show 3 of his fingers in front of my face.

“I’m trying.” I the straw onto my bubble tea.

He sigh, and look outside the window. “Hey,” he said “Pick one of the girls. I will get her number for you.”

I follow his gaze. “Hmm… the yellow dress.”

He drink his bubble tea a bit. “Where?”

“There.” I point.

“The short black haired one?”

“Bingo.”

He turn his head facing me and give me a strange stare. “You said you always love to Soojung’s long hair?”

I just keep silent and focusing on my bubble tea.

Jongin sigh. “Okay, I will get her number later.”

After that, we trapped on a dead silence for a moment. We are busied with our own thought.

It doesn’t stay long after Jongin spot the white bag. “What is that? Clothes?” He take the bag and look inside. “Red square?” He look at me.

I give him a questioning look. “What’s wrong with red square pattern?”

He keep looking at me, not even blink. “Nothing.” He look down to the shirt “It just… not like your style.”

He rummage the bag again. “What is this?” He took out the cigarette pack I just buy after I leave the clothes shop. “You start smoking again?”

I look at him straightly. “It has been a long time since I don’t. Why?”

He keep silent. Just staring at the cigarette pack. “nothing.”

 

I finished my bubble tea and stand. “Come on. You said you will get me her number.” I said. I walk outside, before Jongin grab my arm.

I look at him who is still hasn’t stand up. “Let me talk with you first.” He said.

Not knowing why he ask me that, I just walk back to my seat and sit down.

“Tell me,” he said “Why did you walk faster than before?”

Why is it? “Because Soojung doesn’t need to follow up my pace again?”

“Then why did you pick this red square patterned shirt instead of the netral color you always used?”

Why did I buy it? “Because…” I pause. “I don’t need Soojung’s opinion again?”

“And why did you start smoking again?”

I thought for a moment. All of my lifestyle, it does change. Why? “Because Soojung hates it?”

“See? You did it all because of Soojung” He said.

I look at Jongin eyes. He never look at me with that gaze.

“At the end, even though you and her has separated, she is still the biggest reason of your life.”

I look down. “So what should I do?”

Suddenly, Jongin laugh. I raise my head.

“You dumb. That’s why Suho can easily snatch her from you.” He smile and look at me. “Revenge is the best.”

I look at him confusedly.

“Snatch her back.”