Chapter 1: 시작

Hey Doctor

"Kim Jong In-sshi, how did you meet Kim Eun Hee-sshi?" "Kim Jong In-sshi, how do you feel about your third year anniversary?" "Kim Eun Hee-sshi, what is it like Kim Jong In-sshi as a husband?"

A swarm of reporters asking questions about our marriage. This sure is the day I never imagine will happen in my life. I don't know what to say. This three years of marriage feels like I am the only one who tries to cherish it. Kai seems flat as always. He never make that happy face he always wear around his groupmates when we're together in our house. I mean he will thank me for my cooks, say good night or sleep well before bed, good mornings everytime I wake up. We're like stranger living under the same roof. He rarely open up. Him telling me he's hungry, I'd say he's only that open to me. Yeah, you guessed right. It's another arranged marriage. One clichèd thing almost every rich family does. But mine wasn't bad. But not really good too. It just happened like that. We met at school and then our parents agreed to dine together and blah blah.. well, the rest you can figure out. If you guessed he's a bad boy, you missed this time. He's just an average boy who... hmmm you can say he was teacher's pet back then. I was no popular girl myself. Just as average as he is. I just don't get it. How can he be categorized as average? Look at him! With his dark hair up and ultra-bright smile he always wears. How he . How he always does his patrolling duty after school. How he always be a good class rep. I'd rather say he's a hot stuff. And I've to tell you he's a brain too! Biology is his specialty. I'm good at Chemistry. We always study together at night. He got it from Abeonim who is a veterinarian. I've seen him before, with a bunch of Doctors-soon-to-be. They call themselves EXO. Some say they're not more than study group that studies for University entrance. No one really pay attention to them anyways--

"Kim Eun Hee-sshi, how do you feel about three years of marriage with Kim Jong In-sshi?"

I am afraid of making statements about our marriage. We never really talk about it. We just live there.

"I am really happy about this marriage. And everything is all right. Through we still feel awkward sometimes. I mean.. it's an arranged marriage. And to be honest.. I think we both are shy person. But he has been really good to me. Somehow, I can see that he's a sincere, dedicated earnest and loving person. His soft side always seen when he's around animals. I can't help but smile. And um... the simplest thing he does feels surprising to me. I guess....that's what I really love about him."

The corner of my eyes caught him looking at me. What to do? I can't hide my blush. Everything I said just now was everything I had in mind for all the years together with him. And this is the first time I stated it all out. In front of the reporters. Great. I really want to slap my straight-forward-self right now! What to do? I am not good at beautifying truths. Now... it's my turn to listen. Is he going to say the truth? Or vice versa? For your info, my heart feels like a time bomb a the ready right now, my face burn like a hot plate so hot it would sound like 'tsssssssss' if you splash water. What the hell. I don't know I love him this much.

"And what about you Kim Jong-in sshi? How do you feel about this marriage?"

Here it comes...

"When I think about it, I feel like I'm the happiest I've ever been. I never thought I could feel as great as I am right now. I thought arranged marriage was the worst idea I have agreed for my whole life. But look at her, I am more than lucky to have her as my wife. She's really patient and honest. As she stated I am really shy when it comes to opposite gender... or just to her. I don't know. But I try my best to thank her for all the tasty cooks she lovingly made for me. I honestly feel bad about this shy trait of mine. I really want to cherish every moment with her. I don't know... I have no idea that I can come to love her this much."

I failed to notice since when my eyes become teary. I can hardly breathe. He attacked me in every way possible through the words he said just now. Feels like we're confessing each other. His hand grips tighter. I sensed sincerity. The feeling of loving each other could be this nice. And I experience it with my husband. Husband. Oh my my... The longer I stare at him, the wider my smile become. He even wiped my tears with his thumbs and mouthed 'Uljima'. I can't be happier than right now.

The conference session ends. He took me out for lunch. I still can't believe the sight in front of me. He looked... somewhat glowing. He always look good on everything. I just can't keep my eyes off him. I don't know the sight of him eating lunch can be so beautiful. I am so in love with this guy.

"Eat it while it's hot.. ..yeobo."

I jumped. Wait, WHAT? He successfully made my heart shrieks. Hearing him said that thing. I can't even say the thing. My my my! How can it feel so hot right now? What to say? What to do? I am so embarrassed.

I quickly avert my eyes to the food on my plate.

"I-I'll eat now."

The lunch was the most awkward lunch we had. We eat silently but it was full of stealing glances. When we caught each other. We would continue eating. I don't know what he was thinking about. But get to see him blush in the cutest way possible, moreover it's because of me, I will never forget today's lunch.

"Eun-hee yah."

Did he just call my name? God. I guess I'm back to the state of super bold red tinted face and abnormally fast heartbeats. It's one of his ability I'm proud of.

"Neh?" I blurted out real quick. Seriously. What did I ever do to you, Jongin?

"Let's go to the bookstore before we go home. Your team is doing a botany research, right?"

How did he..

"Ah.. y-yeh."

"You've been doing great. You'll need more reference to do better. I heard the Professor you're assigned to is a really perfectionist person. You better do well. Just tell me if you need my help."

"A-ah. Yeh. Uh. Let's go. Umm. You're going to be an intern soon. So.. you are.. are you looking for more reference too? But I believe you're doing great. You never fall from the top since the first semester. So.. g-good luck. H-hwaiting."

"Gomawo." He flashed me the ultra-bright smile of his. I can't believe I'm still alive.

I'm surprised he knows a lot about me. In the bookstore, not only he recommended me study books, he also helped me find the fourth sequel of my favorite science-fiction novel. He handed me a huge book of Sherlock Holmes full collection set I've been dreaming to own. He even bought me a set of nylon guitar strings. He noticed my broken guitar. After an hour or so, we walked to the parking lot. Even though I am (mentally) like a happy-go-lucky girl frolicking through a garden full of dandelions in a sunny day. He smiles a lot today, how can I not?

We arrived at the front gate of our home. He would open the door for me but he didn't move even an inch.

"Waeyo?"

"Gomawo."

….

"..for bearing with me through our three years of mundane marriage."

"I-it's not mundane at all. .....I love every moment. G-gomawo. I thought you're not happy with this marriage."

He slowly took my hand as it’s a frail thing.. ..and kissed my palm.

"I love you. For sure. For real. I am really happy to be your husband."

Seriously, what did I ever do to you, Kai yah? My face is going to crack soon. And it’s your fault.

“You have a good doctor here.”

What?

“I’m sorry I made your face crack. But I’m sure I can fix it.”

“How did you..?” he laughs again. That’s it!

"You said it out loud."

He suddenly leaned closer and planted a sweet peck on my lips. My whole body becomes all wobbly I am not sure if I will be able to walk inside. I am more than confused right now. I don’t even know what I’m confused about.

“It’s the second time.” I blurted real fast. Stupid mouth!

“What is?”

What else dear husband? The kiss! The only kiss we shared was only at the wedding. Wait do I even dare to say that out loud. My eyes still glued to him. He’s still waiting for my answer. I don’t have the courage to say anything anymore. I averted my gaze from him and slowly point my finger to his lips.

He laughed again.

“Mianhae. I am such a scaredy cat. Let’s start from now. I swear I won’t hold back anymore.”

“So it’s chapter one?”

“If you say so.”

 

Kkkeeeuuut~

 

A/N What do you think? Just tell me if it's bad. Or something wrong. I will improve.

Thank you for your time! Love~~~~