1

It All Ends 2

“Have you ever thought about breaking up with Hakyeon, Taekwoon? How long do you want us to hide our relationship with him?” Hongbin asks, holding Taekwoon’s body and burying his head to his chest.

Taekwoon only hums in response, petting Hongbin’s hair.

“I love you so much, Taekwoon,” Hongbin mumbles.

“I love you too baby. Give me more time, please understand our situation,” Taekwoon replies.

Give you more time for what? What are you waiting for? I cannot wait forever, Taekwoon. Hongbin cringes at his thoughts; he only nods in response to Taekwoon’s reply as he holds more tightly onto the latter’s body. He knows that Taekwoon loves him dearly, more than how he loves Hakyeon. Why can’t just Taekwoon break it once and for all?

Taekwoon needs to plan all of these things carefully. Of course, cheating with Hakyeon is his own decision. Hongbin gives him happiness that he never felt with Hakyeon. Hongbin is an angel from the heavens above. It’s been a year since he met Hongbin, and the moment he saw him, he instantly fell for his beautiful eyes and lips.

“I don’t want to be apart from you. I want to own you completely,” Hongbin utters.

Taekwoon kisses Hongbin’s lips, assuring him that everything will be okay and that they will be together soon.

*****

Hakyeon knows everything. Hakyeon knows that Taekwoon is cheating with him. If Taekwoon wants to play, he’ll make sure that he’ll win the game and Taekwoon will end up losing in the end. Hakyeon knows that Taekwoon will bring out the topic about breaking up very soon. It hurts; it hurts so much that after all these years that they have been together as a couple, sharing and offering his whole life to Taekwoon, their relationship will only end up being broken just because of his best friend. Yes, Hongbin and Hakyeon are best friends.

Hakyeon still remembers that time when he introduced Hongbin to his boyfriend. It was their anniversary, when Hongbin suddenly made an appearance, approaching Hakyeon excitedly. The moment he introduced Hongbin to Taekwoon, he started noticing the changes in Taekwoon’s personality. He was always coming home late, and if not, he’d come back home the next day. He was still acting sweet to Hakyeon, embracing and kissing him. Hakyeon knew it was all lies.

The day when Hakyeon finally proved that Taekwoon was cheating on him was when he accidentally saw Taekwoon and Hongbin checking into a hotel near the restaurant where Hakyeon first introduced Hongbin to Taekwoon. He saw them kissing passionately and the way Taekwoon held Hongbin’s waist was something that Taekwoon never did to him when they were together.

Hakyeon’s inside Hongbin’s apartment, waiting for his best friend and he knows that he’ll be home in a couple of minutes. When Hongbin opens the door, he’s surprised at the sight of Hakyeon, who is lying on his couch. He stutters the moment he greets Hakyeon. Hakyeon smiles at him, a smile that sends shivers through Hongbin’s body.

“Welcome home, Binnie,” Hakyeon says, rising from the couch.

“Hello, Hakyeon. I’m so shocked to see you. You didn’t inform me that you’re coming,” Hongbin struts to the living room and sets his things on the couch. “What brings you here?”

Hakyeon hums, approaching Hongbin. “Am I not allowed to surprise visit you? We’re best friends, right?”

Hongbin starts to feel nervous around Hakyeon and something’s different with him. He’s stuttering as he answers.

“Oh. What’s the matter? Why are you stuttering?” Hakyeon starts interrogating Hongbin. He notices that the latter has been perspiring a lot, so unusual. He brushes his fringe on the side, making sure to look carefully on his beautiful face. “You are so beautiful, Hongbin,” he mumbles.

Hongbin shakes his head. “No, no. You’re more beautiful Hakyeon.”

Hakyeon gives a lopsided smile at Hongbin. 

He starts petting Hongbin’s hair and the moment he reaches the back of Hongbin’s head, he suddenly grabs the hair and jerks it upward, making Hongbin groan.

“H-Hakyeon?”

“Am I? No wonder why Taekwoon is cheating on me,” Hakyeon whispers to Hongbin’s ear. “And who would have thought that he’s going to cheat on me with my one and only best friend?”

Hakyeon’s head starts to hurt. His heart is thumping with so much pain. Of all the people in the world, why Hongbin? Why his best friend? Why Taekwoon? Tears start streaming down on his face, still holding Hongbin’s hair. “Do you even have any idea, Hongbin? How much this will hurt me?”

Hongbin doesn’t speak. Honestly, he doesn’t know how to answer Hakyeon’s question, instead he looks at the opposite direction. This makes Hakyeon exasperated. He jerks upward Hongbin’s hair more, insisting to look at him.

“I never thought you’ll have the nerve to do this to me, Hongbin,” Hakyeon says.

“I love Taekwoon and he loves me more than you’ll ever know, Hakyeon. It was not just my own decision, it’s his too. He realizes that being with me brings more happiness than what you can give. You will never make him happy no matter what you do, Hakyeon. Give him up, give him to me. The one he needs is me, and not you.”