1

Real

 

Schools are over, it’s summertime. You already have a plan to spend most of your summertime in your room, catching up with all of things happened in your fandom. Making up for the time you spent away from your lovely laptop, from every single media social you have because you were too busy dealing with school.

You are catching up with everything, watching every single fancams from every single concert you missed. looking through the pictures from the fansites, and save them. Occasionally cry when you watch the videos that shows that your “ship is sailing”.

But sometimes people just never get the right timing for interrupting your fangirling time, because the next few days; when you’re still busy with your fangirling stuff, your cousin whom you haven’t met in years invites you to their hometown. They even prepared a ticket for you. All you have to do is pack your bags and hop to the plane.

You hesitated for a minute, but you said yes eventually.

You are on the airport, ticket on your right hand and your suitcase on the other.

The flight got delayed so you decided to wait on a coffee shop near the waiting room, they should have a wifi right? Since you need to, once again, catch up with your fandom.

The coffee shop is empty, you are the only one there. it is weird but you only shrug it off. first thing you see on twitter is, their pictures, in the exact same airport as where you are right now. Hurriedly, you clasped your hands to your mouth. avoiding you to scream your lungs out. You wanted to run and meet them personally but you know it might be impossible, they probably be in the most luxurious lounge on the airport with securities surrounding them. So instead, you keep on scrolling down your twitter page.

Few minutes later, you feel your muscle stiffened by too much slouching. Then you stretch your body, and you could faintly hear snickering behind you. You realize the snickering has been there since you were there but you are too immersed in your laptop to even care.

And the sound, the sound is familiar. Too familiar, to be exact. in fact, you listen to that kind of voice every single day. you shake your head, because you think there’s no way your idol is right behind you at this moment.

 Curiosity kills the cat.

You turn around curiously and you never wished to turn around so much before.

There are sitting, side by side, the ones whom you are dying to meet personally; going on their concert doesn’t count as “meeting them personally”. Your idols, nope, your ultimate otp is there.

Kim Jongin and Do Kyungsoo are here. Kaisoo is here! You want to scream but you hold it so they won’t get surprised.

Jongin is sitting next to Kyungsoo on the chair few tables behind you. They are talking to each other normally, like when you talk to your friends. when they are not talking to each other you notice one of jongin’s hand is resting on the table while the other probably fiddling on his phone while kyungsoo is reading his book.

You wanted to be closer with them, so you pretend to look for socket to charge your fully-charged laptop. Fortunately, there is one free socket nearby their table, just one table ahead of them. You sit there; not facing them, with your heart pounding.

You pretend to work on your school project that due, 2 months? A month? You couldn’t count how many days left on your holiday because kaisoo is right there behind you and screw school, this is way more important.

“Kyungsoo hyung~” you hear Jongin talks, you almost squeal by his aegyo “Kyungsoo hyung, would stop reading for a second?”

Oh how much you wished you can see the look on their face right now.

“Not now Jongin ah” says Kyungsoo. Your fingers and toes are curling from suppressing the urge to squeal and scream in front of them.

“But hyuuuungg” you hear Jongin says again, “Hyung I want to talk to you”

For a second, you think your heart stops. But it doesn’t, in fact it only beats faster. Because as much as you ship them, you know they would never be “real” so you shouldn’t be this excited.

10 seconds past after the last thing you heard from Jongin.

20 seconds no sounds could be heard

30 seconds.

They are not running away right? You are already crestfallen just by the thought. You think you should’ve just faced them before to content everything in your heart.

So you are making sure they are still there by (again) pretending to stretch your back. And you swear you almost dropped your jaw.

You see them kissing. With your own bare eyes. you blink few times to make sure what you’re seeing right now is real. You rub your eye, once twice thrice, in case there is something in your eyes that deceiving you. You shake your head, this is real.

Jongin’s hands are cupping Kyungsoo’s face while kyungsoo’s hands are grasping Jongin’s hair. Their lips are perfectly melted against each other. is that tongue? You ask yourself; not out loud of course. You stare at them for a good 30 more seconds before they parted. You hurriedly back to your normal position so they wouldn’t find out. You could hear them panting.

You are contemplating between run away from the scene and tell the world that your ultimate otp was just kissing or you stay there, hold your breath (in case your breathing is too loud that they might be interrupted by it). You choose the latter.

 

"That is obviously not talking, Jongin" Kyungsoo whispers.

 

"Well thats our different way of talking, kyungie" Jongin retorts cheekily.

 

Then there is this silence again, you think they are kissing again. You become too curious then you positioning your laptop so you could see what they are doing through reflection from your laptop. Your heart beats even faster by the thought you are somehow spying on your ultimate otp.

 

When you finally got the right angle and you could see them through reflection, they aren't kissing. Kyungsoo is back with his book and Jongin too busy with his phone. But then you notice something, their hands are tangled around each other. You (once again) clasp your mouth with your hands so they won't hear your squeal. You intentionally bite your palm to suppressed the urge to squeal and also to know that (ouch, that hurts) all of this things are real.

 

You are then contemplating whether to capture the moment with your camera or just leave it to yourself. You realize that once this whole thing between them got into public, they're going to receive judgments from the public.

 

And then you decided to just be content with what you witnessed. You feel proud of yourself that you could witness most (okay all except you duh) of your fandom couldn't witness.

 

Then you keep watching them. Watch how Kyungsoo's lips curve into a smile when Jongin keep looking at him. Teasing his petite lover with his sly grin.

 

"Stop it" Kyungsoo says, facing his lover.

"Nope" Jongin sticks his tongue out

"Why"

"Because I can’t"

"Huh?"

"I can’t stop looking at you"

 

Jongin earns a punch on his arm. Playfully of course.

 

And then you see how Jongin steals another kiss from Kyungsoo. You can see how Kyungsoo's pink turn from pale white to pink, it's so amusing.

 

They are broke the kiss and Jongin reaches his phone. "Yes hyung? Yes I'm with Kyungsoo hyung. I thought it's delayed? Oh okay we'll be right there" then he shoves his phone to his pocket and turn to kyungsoo "hyung, we'll be leaving soon. Let's go they're waiting" Jongin says.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t have a chance to speak one word before his boyfriend tows him by his wrist and exited the coffee shop.

 

You are too stunned that when you exhale, you didn’t remember how long you've been holding you breathe.

 

Now Jongin and Kyungsoo are on their way to their destination somewhere on this world, you are still there, sitting in an empty coffee shop with your pounding heart. Your brain still processing (which you feel it doesn't really work that well right now), still trying to fathom what you just saw.

 

From that on, you don't need a picture or video or fanaccount to tell that kaisoo is real.

 

"Safe flight boys, have fun!❤" You send your last tweet before taking your flight.