Finally, I Get To Know Your Name

Feathers of Black and White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let me get this straight, you sat with someone you haven’t seen around campus before and you think you have a crush on said person?” Chanyeol asked, clearly confused and amused it only made me blush more – which I didn’t think was anymore possible considering I’ve turned as red as a tomato before I’ve even started telling him what happened at physics class two days ago.

I haven’t even shown him the note yet and I think I just won’t if he doesn’t get rid of that smug expression on his face. I’m starting to think having him as a roommate was a bad idea.

I nodded anyway.

“Awww, my baby Soo finally has a crush! Come to papa Chanyeol and let me give you a hug!” he said as he stood up from his bed and walked over to mine, his arms spread wide and I automatically crawled backwards and away from him, almost falling off on the other side of my bed.

I glared at him.

“No.”

“But it’s a happy day!” he said with a pout as he made his way back to his bed. I keep forgetting that he’s a giant ball of fluff.

It wasn’t like I actually started talking to Kai – his note was signed under that name – because aside from my spewing out random ‘uhhs’ and ‘uhms’ when he talks, I preferred my stolen glances at him. It was much less stressful that way, I feel less nervous. But with his soft statement of ‘I don’t get it’ earlier today had me trying to form decent words to explain the problem to him, and when that grin flashed across his face with a delightfully spoken ‘thanks!’ I thought it was worth it.

“We don’t even know each other’s name yet, okay?”

Well, technically he doesn’t know my name, but I doubt that Kai was a legit name anyway so I preferred to believe we’re strangers on both parties.

“Why don’t you introduce yourself then?”

I looked at him horrified. If there was anyone in the world aside from my parents who knew how much awkward I could get around people it was Chanyeol. And to hear him suggest such a thing surprised me. I could already picture myself freezing up after such an awkward ‘hi’ before I’m hightailing away from the scene.

It’s too embarrassing I want to throw up.

“That’s impossible and you know that,” I said instead, plopping down on my bed face first. I’ve had enough of today.

“That’s true, you’ll probably embarrass yourself before you even get to tell your name anyway,” he teased but I couldn’t help but send glares his way. “What’s he look like anyway, maybe I’m classmates with him in one of my classes.”

Chanyeol was a year older than me so he had a whole different schedule with me aside from one subject, and the suggestion made a lot of sense so I sighed in defeat and rolled onto my back, staring at the ceiling as I described him as best as I could.

“He had his hair bleached blonde, his skin’s a bit tanned and he’s quite tall,” I started, frowning a bit at how general the description had been. “He has plump lips, chocolate brown eyes-”

“Ew, stop, I think I know who you’re drooling over,” Chanyeol interrupted with a grunt and my hand automatically flew up to my face, and I threw a pillow at him when I felt that my mouth was drool free.

Jerk.

“He goes around campus as Kai,” he said and my glare softens a bit.

So it is his name.

“I don’t get why you’ve never seen him though, he’s one of the popular kids,” Chanyeol added and I groaned, waving my hands dismissively.

“You know I don’t pay attention-”

“He’s also the one I told you before who’s eyeing you.”

And that was enough for me to stare back at Chanyeol in confusion. What would I even have to get Kai’s attention? I was considered one of the school nerds, one of the loners when Chanyeol’s not around, a complete wallflower and yet he had his eyes on me?

I opened my mouth to protest but Chanyeol was quick to interrupt.

“Yes, I’m sure.”

Instead, I pulled up my blanket and buried myself in it.

“Couldn’t have been me.” I said as Chanyeol turned the lights off. I was blushing again though, and I couldn’t deny how fast my heartbeat was at that moment. For some reason, I felt happy and giddy knowing I was noticed, no matter how much I thought I had made myself invisible.

“Trust me Soo, it’s you.”

===============

“He already knows my name,” I said to Baekhyun. He was asking exactly when I would introduce myself to him. I wasn’t sure myself when, still afraid that the time still isn’t right to do it because of all the small talks we’ve had for the past two days was still driving my wits at its limits, constantly having me anticipate the flames to burst and take him away.

So far, they haven’t.

And I’ve never been so scared because of it.

“That’s not a when that’s a—wait, you told him your name already?” Baekhyun asked again as he completely tore his attention away from his book. He wasn’t studying anyway so it didn’t make any difference.

I nodded.

“When? How?”

“The note.”

“You wrote yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter