chapter 1

Dreamers

You're not flashy, but you softly glow

Like the moon in the night sky

Like flowers in the field

You seem plain but you're special

Like a gem that can be seen by people who know

 One of my favorite songs played as i took notes in my university class.

"excuse me" a voice whispered to my left, "is this seat taken?"

"no," i replied "you can have it"

"thanks" the voice whispered again as i heard the sliding of a chair being pulled back and the soft shuffling of feet. Again, to my left, there was a soft sound of a tongue clicking.

"excuse me, im sorry to bother you again, do you mind if i borrow a pen? I cant seem to find mine"

I pulled out my pencil pouch from my back pack and removed a black pen. "just return it to me after class" I said and handed it to him, turning red when I realized who I was sitting next to.

"thanks. I'm Park Jinyoung by the way." he said bowing his head slightly.

"I know. you're part of one of the biggest rookie boy bands in Korea" I said, wide eyed.

"no, no. We're still starting out and trying to show everyone a better side of us" he said humbly, and I chuckled hearing his fan service.

"well, im Song Min Ji. Big fan by the way." I bowed my head too.

"wow, really? Thank you! Thank you!" he took my hand and he bowed his head again. "who's your bias?" he winked.

"it a secret. Now be quiet Mr. Fan Service, I need to take notes." I said, turning my body back to my desk and writing the words on the board that I missed.

 

As I packed up my things at the end of the lesson, I remembered my pen. "Jinyoung can-" I turned around to face an empty desk, realizing that I was just talking to the air. I noticed my pen and a yellow sticky note under it.

"thanks for letting me borrow a pen. We should hang out sometime!" the note read and his number following afterward.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

"hi Jinyoung! Its me Min Ji. I was just wondering if you can help with the homework because im a little stuck on the last few questions." I left a voicemail for Jinyoung later that night since he wasn't picking up.

It was 1 am and I was getting tired. Not to mention I had class the next morning and had to get up at 6:30. I decided to go to sleep. 

Judy as I closed my eyes, I heard the theme song of one of my favorite cartoons go off, signaling that someone was calling my phone. I picked it up, not bothering to check the caller ID and yawned a "yellow?"

"oh, im sorry Min Ji! Did I wake you up?" asked a worried Jinyoung.

"no, no. I was just about to go to bed" I clarified.

oh, does that mean you finished the homework then? Because I'm kind of needing a little help too" he said sheepishly.

"not really. I was gonna ask about it tomorrow in class" I replied."oh" was all I heard from the other side.

"um, well, if that was it then I'm gonna go to bed now. Good night."

"wait!" he stopped before I could hang up. "umm, up to where did you finish? I'm still stuck at about half way" It sounded like he was just making that up but i smiled, even though he couldn't see, and I played along.

 

 

 

A/N: I hope y'all didn't hate that first chapter. It took me a while to figure it out since im mostly just winging it lol. I'll update soon if you actually found it decent and somewhat enjoyed it. Ok its 12:30. Gnight friends