6

A Millionaire's Desire (discontinued)

Suho's p.o.v

I wake up with a groan. My head is still spinning from last night, so I try to sit up. Big mistake. I fall back onto the pillow. Why did I have to drink so much.... Once again I try to get up and end up rolling off the bed onto the floor. 

"Goddammit! This is getting nowhere" I sigh in frustration and sit myself up on the floor, leaning against the bed. Then the door slowly creaks open and a girl's head slowly comes into view. I motion for her to come in. She seems a little awkward at first and sits further from me than I would have liked. So I move closer. The girl clears and avoids looking me in the eyes. Then I realize why she's so uncomfortable. 

"Uh, do you mind getting me a shirt from my closet?" I say as my face turns a little red. Without saying a word, she gets up and walks over to the closet, pulling out a white collared shirt.

"When your done with that.... come downstairs. I'll make you something to eat" she says in a quiet voice then leaves. I sit on the ground starring at the door like an idiot. 

"You moron" I say to myself and stand up with a sigh. Of course she'll feel ing awkward if she's looking at the chest of the guy who tried to her. Still feeling uncertain of what to say to her (if I should even say anything) I go take a hot shower, then put on the shirt and a pair of jeans. Feeling better, I think of a plan. 

"Better fix this" I tell myself as I walk to the kitchen. I'll make it up to her, somehow. Maybe she has some dream or desire. And since she's poor, she can't make that wish come true. BUT, with my money and power I can make it come true for her. Like a genie I'm a ing genius. I laugh and enter the kitchen to where I see Emma making breakfast. Grabbing a chair, I sit and watch her prepare the meal. With a smile, I realize that she didn't notice me come in. 


Emma's p.o.v

I think that there is something seriously wrong with that kid. I'm pretty sure that I would have preferred to be in prison. Or even another snobby rich kid's slave. Now, what do s like to eat? After looking through what this guy had in his fridge, I got an idea. Actually, a few. Nothing too fancy, just some stuff that I picked up while working at the restaurant. First, I took out the fruit dish which I prepared yesterday. It was also called something like Tropical Breakfast Sorbet which I found kinda of stupid. Why? Well, after putting Suho to sleep, I got bored. Afraid of breaking something or getting yelled at touching something that was valuable, I just went to the kitchen, which was packed with all sorts of foods. 

Getting back to breakfast, I took out the container and placed the sorbet into two stemware glasses. Then I made pancakes topped with slices of strawberries, banana, melon and covered with maple syrup. Alongside the pancakes, was two strips of crispy bacon and some scrambled eggs. Now if this didn't satisfy Suho's hunger I don't know what would.

"That's a lot of food" I almost drop the plates, but Suho gets to me quickly and catches everything. How he did it, I had no idea.

"How the did you do that?" I ask.

"What. This?" He says with a stupid- yet y grin on his face, nodding towards the plates.

"Yeah. You were like knocked out drunk a few minutes ago" 

"That was about an hour ago and now I feel better" he says and places the plates on the table along with the silverware. Then tells me to sit.

"Am I not supposed to be the one who serves you?" 

"Don't worry. There will be plenty of time for that" Suho says and starts eating. I keep standing waiting for him to tell me that he's kidding and requests a shoulder massage this instant. But he doesn't. Instead, he looks up from his food and looks at me then at the chair across from him.

"Are you not going to eat?" He asks me.

"Uhh..." Unable to respond back with some snarky comment, I sit down in the chair across from him. Satisfied with his 'work', Suho goes back to eating. 

"Why are you nice all of a sudden?" I say as I stab my pancake with my fork.


Suho's p.o.v

Why was I all nice all of a sudden? I very well knew the answer, but I didn't want to admit that answer out loud. So I just decided to change the topic. 

"These taste really good. Speaking of good, I have a job for you. And you better do a good job" I continue to look down at my plate and eat. Just don't make eye contact and you'll be fine.... 

"What's the job?" She asks with a sigh.

"It's pretty easy actually" I say with a smile.

"Byul" I whistle and soon hear a pair of tiny paws running. Then a white Pungsan puppy appears at the door and then proceeds to run to me. Jumping up and down, barking excitedly and wagging his curled tail. I pick him up and place him on my lap. He snuggles closer to me and I have no choose, but to pet him. 

"You have a dog?" She asks, suprised. 

"Yeah" I reply, scratching Byul's ears.

"So... what will I have to do with it?"

"It has a name" I say and hold the puppy up to face her.

"And his name is Byul" I make Byul wave one of his paws to her. 

"So what will I have to do with Byul?" 

"Just feed him, take him for walks, groom him, bathe him and play with him"

"Why can't you do it? It's your dog?" She didn't sound happy.

"And what do I have you for?" I ask a little annoyed. Many people that have met Byul loved him. He was energetic and playful. Kids love to play games with him, and older people like to snuggle up with Byul. It's not like I would let just anyone touch him. Dogs have standards too, you know. Anyone else would love to have a dog. What was her problem? 

 

Emma's p.o.v

After the kitchen was cleaned up (which Suho actually helped me with), it was time to go walk Byul. I have never had a dog before myself, but I've always wanted one. When I was younger, all of my friends had dogs and it made me jealous. But after Mr.Lee Kung (who I refused to call father) got a dog, I lost interest in getting a dog. I didn't hate dogs, it was just the memories of that dog that gave me a headache. 


~flashback~

 

"Mom! The dog scratched me again!!!" I shouted, pointing at the red scar along my cheek, eyes full of tears. 

"He's just a dog. He doesn't know any better" she answered. But I knew.

"Mr. Lee told him to do it!" I pouted, begging my mother to believe me. She never did. No matter how many times it happened, Mr. Lee was never the one to blame. It would always somehow end up being my fault.

"Stop making up bull like that, Mr. Lee has been very good to us. He gave us a home, and he cares for us" and with that, she left me alone, crying for it all to just end. 

"Did it happen again?" I turn around and see my brother standing in the doorway. I was 10, and Daniel was 14, he was the only real family I had left.

"I'll get you a bandaid" he tells me when he notices the scar on my face.

"No! Let me come with you" I say clinging onto my brother, worrird of being left alone. Daniel sighs and pulls me into a hug.

"When you move out, can you take me with you?" I sniffle, shaking in my brother's embrace.

"Of course" he says with a smile.

 

~end of flashback~


I feel someone poke my shoulder, and turn around to see Suho looking at me with a worried expression on his face. 

"You zoned out for a bit, I got worried" he tells me, which makes it seem like he really cares. 

"I mean, who else would walk Byul?" He says, giving me the leash. Looks like he's  back to the same Suho that I know. And honestly, I think that I prefer this guy more. 

"Come on" he says pulling me along. 

"Wait your coming with us?" I ask.

"Of course. Let's go!" Suho said with a grin. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I know that Suho really does have a dog but I do not know the breed so I chose a Korean dog breed; the Pungsan. 

Heres a picture:

 

I hope you enjoy the chapter, and even though my updates I promise to update each story at least once a month! (or more if its a holiday) -K