iii. c o f f e e

learning the colors

coffee;

 

 

Every Tuesday, Sehun takes Joonmyun out from acting class to go grab coffee. You know, from that one coffee shop on the corner who always gives the two boys small discounts because they always come weekly.

 

“Hello, Jongin and Mr. Kim,” Sehun greets, and he gives them a warm smile because it just feels so homely in the coffee shop, and it’s like an adapted third home, prior to Joonmyun’s and his own’s apartment. The smells of mocha brewing in the background, the typical jazz music just soothing in the background, and how the checkered floors just make it look like an old diner.

 

Jongin waves, and he calls out to Kyungsoo (who’s been recently working there, maybe because he needs a job, but probably because he has a slight crush on the barista) to get the two their usuals, vanilla on dollop and just an extra ounce of cinnamon and cocoa for Joonmyun.

 

“I’ll bring them to you guys when they’re ready,” Jongin says, and Sehun nods and smiles, just smiles.

 

They sit at their usual booth, the one where it’s near the entrance to the front doors because Joonmyun likes the cool breeze that always drifts inside when the weather’s are cold. And he likes how from here, they can see everything like the park they always go to on Thursdays, and Joonmyun’s apartment, tucking all the way in the corner, but most of all, Joonmyun can see Sehun, who’s just so curt with his styled hair, and the leather jacket he has on, accompanied like always, by a Sleeping With Sirens t-shirt.

 

“So how was acting classes?” Sehun asks, turning his attention from the smokes on the windows to Joonmyun.

 

“Fine. I got a new play, so if you want to come over and read it with me--”

 

“Of course I do!” Sehun exclaims, and he reaches over to entwine his fingers with Joonmyun’s, hands lying in the middle of the table and just bordering between too warm, and then just too perfect. But like always, not too perfect. “Mind if I stay over today, then?” he then asks as Kyungsoo brings over their coffee, and then just tells them to enjoy while smiling, and Joonmyun swears he’s winking.

 

“Of course,” Joonmyun says, warmly, and he just smiles, before taking a sip out of his drink, smells and aromas just arising out of the coffee streamers, and some just dissipating with the atmosphere of the coffee shop.

 

They sit there in silence, enjoying their drinks and just waiting for the day to end slowly, because then they’ll be able to go back to Joonmyun’s apartment, maybe snuggle while reading the scripts and just ending in a reenactment of how they kissed back then? Maybe?

 

“Hey, Joonmyun?” Sehun asks, after a few minutes go by and Joonmyun just jerks back in his seat, because he was getting too creative in his mind.

 

Was Shakespeare that into making lovey dovey scenes?

 

“Hm, yeah?”

 

“I love you,” Sehun randomly says, and the way his lips just curve up makes Joonmyun melt, and then reform into something else because it’s just so adorable.

 

“Aw, I love you too, Sehun,” Joonmyun says, and he just smiles, taking a napkin and reaching over to wipe off Sehun’s milk mustache. “Idiot.”

 

And this is how Joonmyun’s learned of the colors of coffee, because Sehun’s just generous to take them out every Tuesday for their weekly dose of caffeine.

 

--


 


not even tripping bc i love writing these triple update meh whatever