Never Knew I Needed

Never Knew I Needed - Hoya

Staring up at the ceiling, he watched the moonlight make light shadows over the room, finishing his sleep music playlist, he started it over, rolling his head over to look at you, a small smile gently pulled onto his lips while he watched your shoulders gently move up and down with every breath. The dark purple covers on the bed falling over the curves of your body, knowing that he wasn’t going to fall asleep like this, he gently slid his hand from yours, turning off his music, he placed his phone and earphones on the side table. Carefully moving off of the bed, his feet touched the cool wood floor below. Shuffling over to the door, he turned the handle slowly, pulling the door open, he slipped through the door and pulled it shut behind him.

Letting out a slightly annoyed sigh, he ran his fingers through his hair, ruffling up his brown hair, he walked over to the large armchair, easing himself into the pillows, lifting up his feet onto the ottoman that matched.

Resting his head on his hand, he growled to himself as he reached over and the lamp that rested on a glass table beside him. Trailing his eyes down to the table top itself, he found a pad of paper and a pen, pulling it over to his lap, he tapped the of the pen on the top of the pad of paper.

Soon enough, he began just to doodle randomly, you and him together in each others’ arms. A bright smile pulled on the side of his lips, looking back over to the bedroom, a tinge of guilt pained his heart before he looked back at the lined paper.

Words started to flow into his mind, one word tumbled into another as a beautiful song started to form in his head. Jotting down his thoughts on the pad of paper, he watched words turn into a beautiful masterpiece.

For the way you changed my plans
For being the perfect distraction
For the way you took the idea that I have
Of everything that I wanted to have
And made me see there was something missing, oh yeah

For the ending of my first begin
(Ooh, yeah yeah, ooh, yeah yeah)
And for the rare and unexpected friend
(Ooh, yeah yeah, ooh, yeah yeah)
For the way you’re something that I’d never choose
But at the same time, something I don’t wanna lose
And never wanna be without ever again

You’re the best thing I never knew I needed
So when you were here I had no idea
You the best thing I never knew I needed
So now it’s so clear, I need you here always

My accidental happily
(Ever after)
The way you smile and how you comfort me
(With your laughter)
I must admit you were not a part of my book
But now if you open it up and take a look
You’re the beginning and the end of every chapter

You’re the best thing I never knew I needed
So when you were here I had no idea
(When you were here)
You the best thing I never knew I needed
(That I needed)
So now it’s so clear, I need you here always
(Now it’s so clear)

Who knew that I could be
(Who knew that I could be)
So unexpectedly
(So unexpectedly)
Undeniably happier
Sitting with you right here, right here next to me
Girl, you’re the best

You’re the best thing I never knew I needed
(Said I needed)
So when you were here I had no idea
(When you were here)
(Said I had no idea)
You’re the best thing I never knew I needed
(That I needed)
So now it’s so clear I need you here always
(Now it’s so clear)
(So clear, so clear, I need you always)

Now it’s so clear, I need you here always


Hours passed, the early morning was soon approaching as the beautiful sunrise started to come through the large windows. Yet still slightly dark in the apartment, the soft light of the lamp flowed onto the pad of paper and onto Hoya while he wrote his thoughts. Walking out and turning on the brighter lights you caught his attention and turned his head towards you.

"Hey…" He smiled tiredly at you while a yawn slipped from his lips, bringing his hand up he covered his mouth causing you to smile.

"Couldn’t sleep?" You asked softly moseying over to him, a soft nod of his head told his story. Making it over to his side, he opened his arms and freed his lap for you.

Sliding into the seat, you sat in one corner as he diagonally sat in the chair, your legs crossed at the knees as your legs rested over his. Leaning your head on his shoulder, he moved the pad of paper in front of the two of you while your eyes started to move and read what was written.

"What is this?" You questioned, looking up at him.

"Just something I have been working on" He shrugged his shoulders gently.

"I bet it is perfect then" You smiled and stifled a yawn, his hand rested on your leg while his thumb gently brushed against your leg.

"Did you want to hear it?" He offered, looking up at him excited, you nodded at him, he chuckled and nodded.

Clearing his throat gently, he started singing it for you, closing your eyes you just listened to the lyrics while all of your past memories came flooding back. The way that you two met when you were looking at your reflection in the store front window to the first date, your first kiss and finally getting married together. Relaxing against his body, you listened to the song until you heard him hold out the last note and move his fingers over your skin again.

"That was so beautiful" You whispered into the silence that comfortably wrapped around the two of you.

"Thank you, I thought of you the whole time" He smiled against your hair, feeling himself get suddenly tired, he turned off the lamp and placed the pad of paper beside the lamp on the table, pulling over a blanket he laid it over the two of you with a smile.

"Goodnight baby girl" He whispered while he rested his head on the cushions and your head against his shoulder.

"Goodnight, handsome" You mumbled back before the two of you fell asleep once more, but this time Hoya stayed asleep and got the rest that he needed. All he needed was you with him and a creative outlet to put his wild thoughts of you.