Scandal3: Jester or Princess?

Dream Boy

I pull the capo out of my case and begin to just strum some notes. I then look at the sheet and just play the chords in order. Finally I'm satisfied enough to start. I sing lightly but with much feeling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibxsiq-i384&index=2&list=PLslZz4gMWyyNEy6USPB0EXCTRvVdOnw6W

When I finish all is still silent around me. But I definately see the world differently. The ugly step sister.. Miu. That's me. I'll never stand to her. She'll always be above me. As long as she has Toru. But I have my guitar and that's all I need. I give a firm nod making it official with myself as I sit and just appreciate the cool breeze for a second.

Maybe I'll be a bridesmaid. Who am I kidding. This is the only thing I'm good at. I'm just the Jester. *sigh*

I pack up my stuff and begin my trek home. I find myself slowly feeling nothing at all. No pain, no happiness. Just nothing. I notice my walking involuntarily slowing down until I just stop. I'm frozen here.. like my feet weigh 50 pounds each. I watch a couple children making use of the empty soccer field, playing with a kite. Something feels.. weird. Something is maybe wrong, or maybe right. But something just feels off. I start walking quickly, unsure of why I'm in a rush. Only to find myself running. Even though I'm not sprinting the whole world seems to fly by unrealistically fast.

I'm extremely worried and I don't know why. I have to stop it, I don't know what yet.. but I have to. My converse begin hitting the concrete at a fast pace and my fight-or-flight just won't stop pumping adrenaline thru me. My body starts having unknown side effects as I rush between strangers in the school traffic. My mental GPS leads me to where a group of people are staring in awe at an unidentified thing in the sky. Everyone is shielding their faces from the sun staring and chattering of something uncanny.

I begin pushing and shoving which is so unlike me. Miu doesn't puch or shove or even go in crowds in the first place. Yet here I am, to stop something from taking place.

Sure enough, on top of a building stands my love. Hand-in-hand with that other girl.

"If we can't be together, we're coming down alright. But we ain't getting back up!" Nobody told me that when the world stops. That is goes twice as fast afterward to make up for it. Sure enough, here he is. And here I am aswell. And the worst part is, I don't really care. I don't want him to jump, nobody does. But I don't feel it would hurt me personally too much. Has it really come to this.

No, I do care. Suddenly my brain embraces the idea that Toru is standing on top of a building. Waiting to jump to his own death and someone elses. Another flashback occurs

Flashback

"Miu let's GO!" My mother yells opening the car door.

I walk quickly toward her and after she brushes me off and I leap in the car.

A woman comes from the house, her and my mother huff at eachother before we drive off. I stare at Toru and that girl and to my surprise the girl waved sweetly at me and Toru stares back. Why was she so nice to me anyway? Was it because she saw me as easy, not even competition?

And then I remember some of the day afterward.

Toru teaching me guitar and him blowing up our blender and kitchen. We have had so much fun. 

Present

A tear falls down my face at the thought of how I can't do anything.

"I want to be with her! Society can't stop me!"

"or me!" she yelled.

... but I can

 

"Let them be together goddamnit!" someone yelled from the crowd.

"Yeah! Let them go!" I yell trying to top everyone else. I jump a little, very surprised at myself. Only for everyone to look at me oddly. I don't even know these people and yet even they know I'm awkward.

"I love him! I don't care if he's different!" The strange girl with Toru yells. I stand in utter confusion as everyone continues to look at me strangely.

 

"A-And  I don't care whether you like her or not mom!" Toru bellows

A few people turn to look at me. Causing the rest of the group to look.

"T-Toru! Get down this instant!" His mother yells

I run towards them unsure of my next move.

"TOru!" I yell throwing my bag and guitar down with a thud.

"Miu-chan!" the girl's eyes seem to light up at the sight of me. A boy runs up beside me and does the same of shrugging his belonging on the ground.

"Louis!" she yells right after looking down on us.

"Miu!" Toru says squinting at me before he continues

"To be completely honest, everyday with this girl has been a living hell! She's not my type. I'll say, she is a very wonderful person. But she's not mine. And now Louis can take her off my hands. Being with her is fun, but forever? I can't! And I won't. You've made me cut my ties with those I truly hold dearest!"

"Don't jump Toru please." I scream before crying.

"I'll leave! It's no big deal!" Who I assume is Louis just stares at me.

"What are you talking about?" Louis says making me feel like an idiot "You two are dating"

I have no idea how to respond. But for some reason it seems like it's mandatory to tell him before we continue.

"No we're not, they are" I say pointing up at the couple. All goes silent for a moment, while the lovers seem to ponder something.

"Miu? What the hell are you talking about?" I feel a bit offended he is asking. Has he not noticed what he puts me thru? Therefore he can't understand that I play along with his little game. Before I can retort-

"Miu I love you." Toru says almost angrily. His mother turns to glare at me, but in a second it seems to soften.

Who am I? Where am I? Why am I? What am I? I begin to question just about everything in the universe at the speed of light.

I turn around to see Toru's father running toward me and he puts his large hand on my head.

"We weren't supposed to be together. I go thu years trying to teach our children what love is. And when he finds it you spew it back in his face"

"L-Lee.." his mother responds. 

"Look.." he says flipping open my guitar case. "this is the guitar you had"

His mother stares at me for a moment with tears welling in her eyes.

I whip around and to my own surprise scream out my revelation

"I LOVE YOU, TOO! ..Prince TORU!" I become out of breath... I'm not used to this while yelling thing.

His mother was in a trance as she walked toward my case and strummed it once. A smile grew on her face as she slowly turned to me. 

"I'm sorry I've been so bothersome, my dear Miu." she said pulling me in a hug.

Within a moments time everyone lurched into the hug laughing and smiling.

Until Toru's arms fall around me:

"As you wish, princess Miu."