1/1

Perfect Imperfection

"Jungkook, what are you doing here?" Taehyung asks as he rubs sleep out of his eyes. 

 

The maknae had crept into Taehyung’s room and had crawled into his bed and laid beside him. Pulled the blankets over them.

 

"Kookie. Call me Kookie. Like you used to. And I want to sleep here," Jungkook answers, "with you." 

"Don't be ridiculous, Jungkook " Taehyung whispers as he sits up, searching blindly for the switch of his bedside lamp. He flicks it on, and light immediately illuminates the whole room. 

Taehyung blinks a few times before his eyes finally adjust to the brightness. He sees the magnae comfortably laying on his bed, without any intention of moving out. 

 

"Ok fine. Kookie, I can't sleep with you around," Taehyung mutters sleepily. "The bed's too small."

Jungkook grabs Taehyung's waist and forces him to lie on the bed beside him. Taehyung tries to protest and break free, but Kookie's grip is stronger. He sighs in defeat. 

 

"We used to do this a lot,remember TaeTae? " Jungkook says.

Taehyung doesn't respond. He pretends to be asleep, but Jungkook continues to talk. 

"What happened between us, TaeTae? Don’t you miss us? I do. I miss you. Us." 

 

Taehyung remains silent. He can hear Kookie's heartbeat as the younger boy's chest is pressed to his back with his hands s around his waist. It felt restricting, yet at the same time comforting. 

"I don’t know okay. I don’t know.." Taehyung finally replies, breaking the silence. 

 

"I miss how we used to be," Jungkook whispers into Taehyung's ear. 

 

“ You should go back to you bed Kookie. We have schedule tomorrow. You need rest” Taehyung said.

 

“ I said no. I want to be with you. I don’t care.” Jungkook tighten his hug.

 

Taehyung sigh and reaches for the switch and turns the light off again. Jungkook smiles because he knows it means Taehyung has finally conceded to let him sleep in his room. 

“ Fine. Just let me go and just sleep. Goodnight” Taehyung tries to free himself but fail.

 

“ Why you are so cold hyung? You said you love me? Why are you avoiding me hyung? It’s hurt Tae.  “ whispered Kookie. His tears start flowing.
 

Taehyung turns over, so now they both face each other and are only separated by a few inches. They are close enough to exchange breaths and see each other's reflection in their eyes. He start to wipe Kookie’s tears.
 

“ I love you Kookie. So much. But I really don’t deserve you. You are perfect. You are good at everything you do.  There will always better person  for you. That can make you happy. I’m nothing Kookie. Just a weird person. “ said Taehyung.

 
“ Is that why you are avoiding me hyung? Don’t you know you are my happiness. I’m super happy when I’m with you. Can’t you feel me hyung? I love you. I love everything about you. I love you perfect imperfection Tae. When you start ignoring me, I feel bad hyung. I’m jealous when I see you smile to others but me.” Said Jungkook then pouted.

 

“ Really? Are you sure you want to be with someone like me?”

 

“ Really. I’ve never be this sure Tae. I love you. Ilove you so much. Promise me that you’ll never ignore me again okay?

 

“ Okay. I promise. You are my Kookie. Only mine.” Taehyung shows his beautiful smile to his lover even it’s too dark for Jungkook to see.

 

“ Yes TaeTae. I’m yours and you’re mine. Jungkook comes closer, until his lips finally find Taehyung's. He frames his hands over the older man's jawline. And they kiss slowly, repeatedly until they gasp for air

 

" That was nice. You lips taste like strawberry. I like it Kookie" Taehyung says while playing with Jungkook’s fingers.

 

Jungkook  doesn't respond to his statement. He just smiles at Taehyung and holds Taehyung in his arms, and sings with that beautiful, soothing voice of his until Taehyung falls asleep while secretly hoping that tomorrow never comes.