CHAPTER ONE

HIS TEARS & MY UMBRELLA
Kyuhyun’s POV
“It’s over! She doesn’t like me anymore.” I looked like a fool standing on the street, crying. I know others may see me, maybe they may also wonder why I am crying under the rain. But honestly, I simply don’t care. All I am thinking of is she.
 
I can remember that day when she first smiled at me in the canteen. Inhyeong always lets me see her sweet smiles and cute gestures, but I don’t appreciate those before.
 
She was the one who took the first step. One Wednesday afternoon, she approached me in our classroom. She looked very nervous while I am confused why she went to see me. “Oppa, I wanna tell you…my…uhm…my feelings for you. Saranghae Kyuhyun-oppa,” she said. I was shocked but felt nothing for her. She showed me in any way possible her pure love for me. Even in text messages, she says how she likes me. Of course, every body knows he likes me. But now, I didn’t even kwon if she still wants to hear my explanations.
In spite of those actions, I still felt nothing for her. Instead, I dated her best friend Alice. But for Alice, I felt nothing as well. I just wanted to see how she’ll react to it. Alice told her about our date and Inhyeong is so hurt, up until now maybe.
 
I treated her coldly. I became so indifferent, I told myself.
 
“How could you do this to me? You know Alice is my BEST FRIEND since third grade! Why do you dated her, huh?” she told me one day. “Excuse me? You are not even my girlfriend, Inhyeong! So you do not have the right to stop me from  dating whom I want or even dictate to me who is should I date! Okay?” I told her. At that time, I was so stressed because of the different activities in our school. After hearing those words, a tear started to flow out of her eyes. “So that’s how you see these things,” she said nodding and at the same time crying, “Fine. Fine. If that’s what you want. I promise I will never ever mess up your plans. You’re right. I do not have even the right! I hate you, do you hear that? I HATE YOU OPPA!”
 
From then on, I received no more messages from her. I never saw her charming smiles again and I can see that she tried so hard not to meet my gaze. That’s when I realize that all she said that day was true. I miss her, so much.
“If only I could….” I was not able to finish my sentence when I remembered what I discovered this morning. She is dating Euhyuk. I saw them having lunch at the school cafeteria. They’re laughing and seemed very comfortable at each other, as if no one can see them. I found myself later that day getting envious with Euhyuk, ‘cause that should be me, not hyung.
 
At first it was hard for me to accept it. But I am unconditionally and unintentionally in love with Inhyeong. Yes. I love her even she does not love me anymore.