Chapter 1

Cold Coffee

 

 

 

 

Closing your eyes, you see yourself again where you would see him, where he would hold you in his arms and remembering him being so close to you and how he would make you laugh. Being with Leo makes you feel like you're in cloud nine. But then, everything seems like fading. A loud thunder wakes you up, oh, how it reminded you of him. How he would struck you, making you fall for him all over again. And then there he is, playing the piano, playing the song he has composed for you. You are mesmerized by how he was so immersed in it. Leo stopped, motioning you to come and sit beside him. Sitting on the stool by his side, you stopped on your tracks       nostalgia hitting you. 

"You should stop deluding yourself!" You told yourself as you walk away from the piano       from him. You know everything is just a beautiful nightmare, but as long as you're with him, it doesn't matter. 

Everything seems to be so perfect. You being with him in a perfect world, oh how you feel like being on top of the world. Suddenly all things seem to grow faint. 

"No don't turn around, I'm not letting you go." You pleaded him but it was too late for he has already crushed your pounding heart.

Bittersweet       that's how your coffee tasted, just like the nightmare. Now, you're sitting at the table, watching the people converse. You notice a familiar eyes searching for something, someone. He stopped. He looked at your direction, his lips forming a smile as he goes to you. You look at each other, you felt your stomach drop in anticipation. He comes closer and closer. You try to pinch yourself to know if this is just a dream. You felt your chest constricting as he passed by you. Following the shadow he has left behind, there he was       with someone who doesn't even know about his existence. Not yet. He noticed you. You look at him as tears fall down your face.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


 

Why is love so bittersweet? You smiled acrimoniously. You've never felt like this before       to be hurt because of love, how fascinating. A heart that got hurt beacause of him. You were scared       scared of falling in love. But you believed in that miracle, that he would hold your hand and catch you. 

 

There he is again, motioning you to sit beside him, with his white polo shirt and black pants. You love how even if his clothes were just simple, it could make your heart jump out of its rib cage. Sitting beside him, you can feel his body giving warmth to your cold mood.

"Can I have this dance?" Leo asked. You couldn't help but smile.

♫  I had such a scary and bad nightmare

You left me over

Even you can tell it's a dream that doesn't make sense

Because there's no way I would lose you ♫ 
 

As you look at him in the eyes, you didn't know if this was still a dream or a reality. Placing your head on his shoulder, swaying to the beat of the slow song       if only the both of you could stay like this forever. If only time would stop. If only.
 

♫  A cruel night is endlessly coming to me

I close my eyes again, taking me back to that dream

Into an eternal dream that I won’t ever wake from ♫ 

 

 

 

fin.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________