Final

Tiny Times

"Thanks for tonight, Kris, I really had fun." 

"Anything for you, Sweetheart. Text me, okay?" 

"Okay. Good night." You kissed his cheek.

"Good night, Sweetheart." He watched as you walked into your front door. When you disappeared from his sight, he proceeded to his car and went home.

"Mom, Dad, I'm home!"

"Honey, we're in the living room!" Your mom replied. You went to search for them and found them sitting on the couch. 

"Hey." You smiled. Your mom smiled back and asked you to join them. You sat beside her and held your purse on your lap. "What's up, Mom, Dad?" You were all smiling, because you were happy. You were happy you got to have a sweet date with your boyfriend tonight. 

Your parents looked at you, smiling. "We have something to tell you, darling." Your mom touched your shoulder.

"Okayyyy, what is it?" You were curious. 

Your mom looked at your dad, and you saw your dad nod at your mom. What is happening here? 

"Your dad's company needs him in the States. We're leaving tomorrow." Your mom said. We're leaving? 

"What do you mean, we're leaving?" You were starting to feel something.

Your mom looked away and sighed. "We're leaving to the States tomorrow, honey. We're moving out."

Oh dear. No. What the hell? I can't leave! I have everything here!

"What? No no no, we're not. You guys can go, I won't come along. No thanks. I'm going to bed. Good night, Mom, Dad."

You didn't want to hear about this anymore; you were running away. You didn't want to leave Korea, you didn't want to leave your friends, you didn't want to leave Kris, especially. You stood up and were about to walk to your room when your Dad suddenly spoke.

"You have to come with us. You are coming with us. Your mom already packed your things when you were out with Kris. This is our only chance, honey. This is for our own good. We will have a better life after this. The States is our only oppurtunity." 

You turned around to face them and said, "Daddy," Since you were a kid, you called your dad as Dad. But when you really needed something, or wanted something, you called him Daddy. Your dad sighed. He knew you really wanted to stay. "I can't leave Korea, I'm already happy here. Can't you see? I have my friends, I have Kris with me. I'm really happy and grateful with my life now. I don't need the States, we don't. Daddy I'm doing really well in college, I'm graduating. I can find a career and I can help give us a better life. I'll do all the work, you and Mom won't have to work and worry about money anymore. I've got all this planned. We can do this, Daddy. Trust me, have faith in me. I can do this. We don't have to move to the States." 

You were starting to breath heavily, tears in your eyes. You really meant what you said. You really were planning to find a career to help your parents with money. 

"Oh, honey." Your mom stood up and hugged you. "I know, your intentions are good. I'm thankful. But Dad already accepted the offer. We can't turn back now, honey. We have to leave." 

Now you were sobbing. "Why, Mommy? I can't leave Kris. I love him, Mommy. Please, just let me stay. Auntie Cady and Uncle Ian are here, they can take care of me. I can live with them. They're not far away from my college. Please, Mommy, Daddy, let me stay. Please." You begged. You looked at your parents with tears in your eyes, eyes pleading for pity, for help. Please, Mom, Dad, say yes. I love Kris so much, I can't leave him.

Your dad stood up and walked towards you and your mom. He looked at you with pity and said, "I'm sorry, darling. I can't. I tried, but I really can't."

You stopped moving. You gave your last looks to your parents and started to run into your bedroom. You slammed and locked your door, lied on your bed and started sobbing, real hard. You really didn't know this was coming. You thought your Dad was doing well at work. Well, obviously, too well that he had to be transferred to the States. You had enough of moving. You had been moving for five years, and Korea was the longest your parents and you had lived in. And to be honest, Korea was your favourite. You thought Korea was the last, but hell, you sure were wrong.

You were tired of crying, and you realised you hadn't texted Kris yet. You searched for your phone in your purse and unlocked it.

Kris. There he was, with you, on the homescreen in your phone, as your wallpaper. You smiled as you looked at it. You texted him and waited for his reply. After a few seconds, he replied. You were scared. You had to tell him. You needed to. 

I have something to tell you.

Yes, Sweetheart. What is it?

Gosh. How am I gonna tell him?

You sighed heavily and started typing.

My dad had to be transferred. And my mom told me that..we're leaving to the States.

Send, don't send. Send, don't send. Damn it, just send it! 

There. You sent it. He wasn't replying. He never replied you later than 5 minutes.

Oh God, is he mad? , what am I gonna do? This is it, isn't it? This is the end. He wants to break up.

Kris? Say something.

You texted him again. A few seconds later you sighed in relief, he replied. 

When? 

Tomorrow. I really don't want to go. Kris, I don't want to leave. I can't leave you.

It's okay. It's for you and your family. It's okay, Sweetheart. We'll still keep in touch. We can Skype, right? We can chat. Don't worry, you'll be okay. We'll be okay.

What the hell? No, I don't want to leave you! What, is he giving up now? Is he giving up on me? On us? 

What? So you're okay with this? You're not breaking up with me?

Haha, Sweetheart, what are you talking about? Why would I want to break up with you? Do you want me to?

Haha. He just haha-ed me. Is he really okay? Or is he pretending to sound okay? 

I just thought you don't like this "long-distance-relationship" idea. And no, Kris, don't you dare break up with me. I'll break your bones.

Now you were back to smiling. Kris had always been the one that caused you to smile again whenever you were down. Gosh, I love this guy.

Okay, Sweetheart. Go to sleep, I'll drop by tomorrow before you leave. Good night, Princess. I love you.

Okay. Good night, my galaxy. I love you.

You were relieved. Now you had faith that you and Kris would be okay, you two could always Skype and chat. You could take a break and fly back to Korea to visit him, too. There was no problem now. 

You were already tired, so you changed into your pyjamas and went to sleep. Before you close your eyes, you took a moment to roam your eyes around your room. Everything was packed into boxes now, you were gonna miss this room full of memories. 

 

The next morning after breakfast, you were ready to go. But you had to tell your parents to wait for awhile, because you said Kris was coming. But he wasn't. It had been an hour since you texted him that he could come now, but he wasn't replying. You texted him many times, you even called. But he wasn't answering you.

Where is he? You started to feel uneasy. And then it suddenly hit you. He's breaking up with me, isn't he? He isn't answering, he isn't gonna come. He has gave up. On me, on us. He's not coming. You were heartbroken. You never thought he would do this. You thought he meant what he said last night. Is he really not coming? You didn't want to accept it. You were in denial. But you realised, that he wasn't coming. 

"Honey, I don't think Kris is coming. Our flight's in an hour. Come on, let's go." You heard your mom said. You were feeling down, you felt like crying. You didn't believe this was happening. Kris gave up on you. Kris broke up with you. Kris was letting you go. You were about to get into the backseat when your mom suddenly said she wanted to lie down and sleep because she was tired, so you had to switch places with her and sat in the passenger seat at the front. When you were all ready, your dad started the engine. This is it. You were leaving. 

You were looking at the front, eyes on the road. You had many things playing and running in your mind. From the corner of your right eye, you could see something moving in high speed, from the side mirror. You really didn't pay attention to it until it started to slowly distract you. That was when you realise it wasn't something moving, but someone, running, towards your moving car. You squinted your eyes to see who the hell would jog when it was almost noon, wait, is that.. when suddenly you gasped and widened your eyes.

"OH MY GOD DAD STOP THE CAR! DAD PULL OVER!!" Your dad was confused but pulled over anyway. You got out of the car and turned to the now panting person in front of you.

"Kris!" You hugged him so tight. You were confused and shocked, everything was happening too fast. He was panting and gasping for air, exhausted from the running. "What the hell are you doing?!" You asked, still hugging him. You could feel his heavy breath on your neck so you told him to take a deep breath first. "I'm sorry I'm late. I had a talk with Papa. Sweetheart, you don't have to leave." You sighed and pulled away from the hug to look at him, your hands on his now calm chest and his arms around your waist. "I thought you were letting me go. I can't do anything anymore, Kris, I have to leave." He laughed. Why the hell is he laughing at this moment? "Sweetheart," he started, "You don't have to leave, anymore. I talked to Papa. He agreed to take your Dad back in Korea. He agreed on letting you stay. Papa's your Dad's boss, remember?" He smiled. Oh my god, why didn't I ever think of that? "What? So my Dad doesn't have to be transferred? We're not leaving?!" You were starting to talk with a high pitched voice. "Dad did you hear that?! We don't have to move!" You went to your parents that were really silent. "Kris, dear, are you sure? Is it true?" Your mom asked him. "Yes, Auntie, my dad has agreed to let you and your family stay. I convinced him." Your parents were now smiling from ear to ear. Your dad went to hug him. "Thank you, boy, thank you so much." He hugged him so tight that Kris began to laugh. 

You were so happy now. You were thankful your mom asked you to sit at the front, because of that you saw Kris running, because of that you didn't have to move. You went to Kris and hugged him again. "Thank you so much," you whispered. "No problem, Sweetheart." He kissed your head, and then your forehead. He let his lips stay on your forehead for a good 5 seconds, both of you closing your eyes, cherishing the moment. When he let go, he looked at you and said, "Still on for an ice cream? My treat." He smiled to you ever so charmingly, and in that moment, you knew, that you loved him so much, and he loved you too. And that both of you were meant to be together.