Minho, I Wish I Was Born a Girl

I Wish I Was Born a Girl
I sat there just watching him.  His long wavy black hair was a bit frizzy because he hadn't styled it after he got out of the shower.  He was lying on the carpet, wearing old ragged pajamas, chewing on the end of his pencil while looking at his homework.  It was math, his worst subject.  I loved the way he looked when he did his math homework.  He was always confused and eager for distractions.  He looked the best like this.

 He ran his fingers through his hair and wrote down an answer to the question he was trying to solve.  Then he looked up at me.  His warm eyes were still filled with confusion, but he gave me a small exhausted smile.  I quickly smiled back and looked down at my own homework before he could see the blush the rose to my cheeks.

After a moment, I peeked back at him to see if he was still looking.  He wasn't.  So I continued to gaze at him.

Oh, how I wish I was born a girl.  Maybe we could have grown up together.  Our moms could have been best friends and we would have played together since birth.  We would have played in the mud and our moms would have laughed and washed us off with the hose.  We could have shared animal crackers and boxed juices.  He could have laughed when I played with barbies and I would have pouted. 

Then maybe in middle school I could have confessed to him.  I would have worn my cutest dress and bought him his favorite snack.  Then he could have said yes.  We would have gone on dates, like the movies or just gone to the park.  Our friends would have made fun of us for liking each other so much, and we would blush with embarrassment.  But in the end it would be okay because we would be with each other.

In high school we would be the school couple.  We would always be together.  We would sit outside during lunch and I would make him lunch and he would say it was the tastiest food he ever had, even though it would be slightly burnt and over salted.  Then he would walk me to my next class and help me carry my books.  We would share an innocent kiss before he left for his own class.  Then during our senior year, maybe on prom night, we would lose our ity to the other and he would tell me that he would stay with me forever.

After we graduated, we would move off somewhere far away in hopes of finding jobs. We would share a small apartment, living off cup ramen and sodas.  We would find jobs.  I would work in a bakery and he would work in an office.  We would stay in bed all day on the weekends, or at least until the afternoon.  When he would get sick I would take the day off work and make him chicken soup, claiming it would cure his runny nose and cough.  Then I could catch his cold and he would take care of me.  We would watch the dramas together, cuddled up in a blanket eating popcorn.


Then one night he would get off early and when I came home a simple dinner of spaghetti with tomato sauce and touch of oregano and a parsley stem with cheap wine would await me, but I would enjoy that meal the most because he made it.  Then, after we finished eating he would take my hand and kneel in front of me and ask from my hand in marriage.  Without hesitation I would say yes.

Our wedding would be beautiful.  He would look dashing in a suit at the alter.  He would whisper that I looked stunning in my white dress.  We would silently giggle when the girl who had tried to steal him from me showed up.  Then after both of us said our vows we would kiss and the audience  would clap. We would leave that night to enjoy our honeymoon alone.

A year later we could have our first child.  It would be a girl who's name would be Choi Hyoyeon.  We would raise her together.  She would come to me with her guy troubles and he would teach her how to play soccer.  Eventually, when Hyoyeon grew up and left, we would grow old together and die.  We would be buried next to each other, by each others side forever.

I sighed.  That wasn't possible of course.  Minho was perfect and he would find the nice girl that I could've been.
I watched as Minho threw his hands up in frustrated surrender. He fell back onto the ground, face first.  He groaned  and rolled over.
I smiled.  He was still just my best friend. 

Minho, I wish I was born a girl.

 

 

A/N- Not the best oneshot ever but i had a very strong desire to write this.  It's not suposed to be very descriptive, just like daydreams usually aren't.

I hope you listened to the song while reading this, it really sets the mood.

@caline- sorry for the lack of a happy ending!

PLEASE COMMENT.