Prologue

Timeless

 

 

“Yong Junhee.” Upon hearing my name being called, I take cautious steps.

 

“Calling Yong Junhee to Room 316.” Something’s wrong. I’m never called.

 

How would you feel if everyone you knew perished under the hands of high authorities that could do as they please and get away with it? Honestly, I feel nothing. I don’t feel grief, I don’t feel lonely, I don’t feel abandoned, but I feel- empty, and perhaps this new way of life has a part in this making too.

 

I feel as though I’m treading on thin ice, because I know that this is no simple matter, it never is. It’s said that whoever goes in that room, is never seen again, and perhaps I would be able to know the truth after this, and perhaps, they would help me end my misery.

 

 

 

 

The guards take hold of my arms when I reach the room. They're wearing white suits that seem to be made of a metal of some sort, but I wouldn’t dare try to escape, because I know, that even if I wanted to, the chances would be slim.

 

I am brought into a room, covered entirely in white, the furniture, the pictures, and the door, this is madness. This is insane. What sick person made this place?

 

A thin but lean and man stands in the centre of the room, in a full-white tuxedo, with white socks and white shoes, not to mention that he has his hair dyed white. His skin is fair, closing in on the borderline of pale and I wonder if he was ever exposed to the sun. His eyes are dark, and his irises are black, but there’s something about them that don’t seem quite right, and not to mention his aura is extremely-

 

“I see you’ve come, Miss Yong. Please, sit.”  His voice seems to resonate in the room as if it has no source. I comply with the words of the madman and secretly give him glances; perhaps, he wants to kill me? If he wishes to do so, I’d rather be executed immediately, but I know, that what I wish is not to happen.

 

“I know I look good Miss Yong, but please refrain from staring at me, it is not the most polite thing to do.” Narcissist.

 

“Say, Miss Yong. How do you like it here?” Yup, this is most certainly a crack house, and I’m trapped in it. I raise a brow at the psycho sarcastically because I no longer care to play along with his games. Wasn’t killing everyone I loved enough for him? …but then again…maybe it’s because I really don’t feel that sad about their deaths, after all, everyone is destined to die.

 

“Not the chitchat type, eh? C’mon, I won’t bite you. Please be honest miss, I’d like to give my people the best of everything.” “Who are you?” I spat with much venom. He is wasting my time; I’ve better things to do in my time.

 

“I see. You want to play it the hard way.” I raise a brow at him, and before I can make my reply-“Guards, take her away.” Yup, this is a crack house with a spoiled brat. “Seems like you can’t handle a girl very well, Mr. Narcissist,” I mock him. Instead of screeching as I expect from people like him, he replies, “You’ll see soon enough, Miss Yong. You’ll see.” He cackles in a way that has my hair on ends, and I wonder what mess I’ve got myself into, although I’m not very afraid.

 

 

 

 

Once again, I’m escorted by the guards; the only difference is that I have no idea where I’m headed this time. The lights seem to dim as we become nearer to our destination, and I start to wonder whether the next room I’ll be in would be windowless like before, because I love the feeling of the warm sunlight on my skin, and without that, there would be nothing else I’d love, and perhaps, it’d be better that way, because if there’s nothing that I love, then there’s nothing that can hurt me anymore.

 

They shove me into a room similar to the one before, but when I hit on the walls with my clenched fists, they rebound. There’s a force field around this room, I’m imprisoned.

 

There’s blinking red lights of surveillance cameras around the room, the white room, and I have a sudden urge to paint it a dark, fresh crimson red. Staring deep into a camera nearby, I spat on the floor and smirked at it. That bastard’s surely watching me.

 

“It’s not very nice to spy, Mr. Narcissist.” I stated. “It’s not spying if it’s this obvious, Miss Yong, and if you hadn’t noticed, you’re imprisoned. A penny for your thoughts?” My lips curled into a half smirk as I titled my head to one side, playing innocent.

 

“There’s no way out of this, is there?” …but I never got my reply. “Miss Yong, have a nice rest. Lunch will be served in an hour’s time.” “What time is it now?” I spat at him. “Time for you to shut up and sleep.” I heard him reply coldly.

 

So this must be the game he’s playing. He’s trying to make me fall for him, isn’t he? He’s acting like he cares, then, right after that, he acts like the cold bastard he is. He’s smart, but not smart enough, because I’m one step ahead.

 

 

 

 

Thoughts run my mind endlessly until my eyes flutter close to darkness.

 

 

 

 

I wake up to a blinding light. It stings my eyes, and I have to squint until my eyes get used to the brightness in the room. Where am I?

 

“I see you’ve awaken, Miss Yong. Please freshen up before we have lunch.” Ah, I’m in crack house. “And what brings you here, Mr. Narcissist?”

 

“Is it wrong to visit a fine lady like you?” “If I’m a fine lady, why am I in jail?” He turned away, no response. I guess I could just wash up first. “Do you provide a change of clothes?” I enquired. He pointed at the brown wooden cupboard I didn’t notice before. “…Oh…thanks.” I replied.

 

 

 

 

I’m greeted with a grand lunch, and a hot guy sitting at the end of the table. The sweet aroma of food lingers in the air, I’ve never had a meal this extravagant before, and I’ve never eaten a meal with a guy before. “Who are you?”

 

“Do I really look that different, dear?” Bastard. “Well, are you going to stay ‘anonymous’?” “Why yes, is that wrong?” “If you run by my book, yes.” I said with a huff, he’s very good at getting on my nerves.

 

“Where’d you get all this food?” “Long story.” He answered. This guy must like to keep secrets. “Say, how’d you know my name?” Silence.

 

“Did you poison the food?” “If I did, I wouldn’t be here, my dear.” Rolling my eyes, I take a small mouthful of the food that’s prepared, wonderful. “Well aren’t you the quiet type.” I commented on his behaviour. “And aren’t you a chatty one?” He continues, smirking back at me, but that’s the last thing that is said between us for the rest of the meal.

 

When we finish our meal, I thank him and he turns to leave, but before he does, “Enjoy your stay, Miss Yong.” He leaves, and I can’t help feeling uneasy with the tone he used while saying that.

 

--

Just something short. :) Hopefully I won't disappoint you all...