Starting a New

I Thought You'd Never Say [hiatus]

 

Two weeks had quickly passed and Tiffany was slowly adapting to his new life. Jessica was always there to guide him and remind things he was supposed to know and how he was supposed to be. It wasn’t easy for Tiffany. There were things he couldn’t grasp but luckily, Jessica was more than willing to help him. But it wasn’t surprising when there were times that Jessica was having a hard time dealing with him.

Just like today.

“Jessi~” it was Tiffany who was continuously poking Jessica on her shoulder. They were both inside a café just located in the Eastmount campus. Today was supposed to be their dating day because according to Jessica, they were supposed to be dating and the reason why was because almost all of the students were looking up to them. They cannot risk their relationship- nobody was supposed to know that Kris changed. Like literally.

“Jessiiii~” a soft whine came from Tiffany but to his dismay, the girl wasn’t paying attention but was simply taking a sip of her caramel coffee.

I want caramel too. Tiffany thought as he glanced at his black coffee without sugar added on it. Jessica said it was what Kris had always ordered and because, apparently, he was Kris now… black coffee without sugar was what he had to drink.

Tiffany frowned more.

Jessica took another sip as she also took a quick glance of Tiffany. He’s pouting waah~ why is he so cute? Jessica chuckled. She had never seen Kris doing that. Kris was always cool and always had that formal look on his face. Well, he was somehow warm towards Jessica but not like this Kris beside her, he was just adorable. Why are you so adorable Tiffany? Jessica managed to turn her eyes back to the article she was reading when Tiffany looked at her. Thru her peripheral vision, she could still see those pouting lips of Tiffany.

“Jessi~” Tiffany called for the umpteenth time.

“Jessssiiiii~~~” Jessica looked around, making sure there were no people near them. Knowing that the coast was clear, she looked back at the frowning Tiffany.

“What is it Kris?” hearing the name from Jessica. Tiffany crossed his arms and slumped his back on his chair. He already had told the girl never to call him that ever again. He was not Kris. His name was Tiffany.

Why can’t she understand?

Jessica, understanding the guy’s sudden behavior, heaved a deep breath and asked again, “What is it Tiff?” Tiffany smiled a bit, already forgetting what Jessica had called him earlier. He pulled his seat nearer to Jessica and pouted again.

“When can we go home?”

“Tiff we’re supposed to be here for an hour,” Jessica lifted her left hand and checked the time on her wrist watch. “and we’ve been here for only 15 minutes so yeah, after 45 minutes, that’s when we can go home.” Jessica nonchalantly said and continued reading her papers.

“But Jessiii~ isn’t 15 minutes enough? Why do we even have to be here?” Tiffany groaned once more, “It isn’t like we’re dating.”

“Y-yeah, but we’re supposed to be dating. Students know we always go here.”

“You mean you and Kris?”

“Yeah and if they find out that we don’t visit here, they will speculate that we alre- that Kris and I already break up.”

“But you and Kris already break up!” Tiffany uttered. He couldn’t be mistaken. Wasn’t it Jessica who decided to have a break these past two weeks?

“No we’re not.”

“Yes, you are.”

“Tiff look, these past two weeks. I’ve been thinking where Kris could have been. I know he’s here. Just like the way you are here. He must be finding ways to get back just how we try to find your ways to help you get back on yourself.” Jessica put down the articles she was reading a while ago. It was about black magics and stuffs related to that. They were looking for somebody who could undo the spell Tiffany unwillingly received.

Tiffany, on the other hand, heaved a sigh. His frowning face softened. It was true that they were solving his mystery these past weeks starting when Jessica finally believed him. But why did it seem like everything was opposed to their target? They couldn’t find answers and it was frustrating them both, but nonetheless, Tiffany saw how Jessica was willing to help him.

Forgetting where they were in the first place, Tiffany drowned on his own trains of thoughts.
He never wanted Jessica to call him Kris. Neither he wanted Jessica to stay close to him whenever. Tiffany would always think what Jessica would do to him if they were alone. So he always made sure that Krystal was around, so he could have more space away from Jessica. He was afraid, Tiffany was actually afraid these past few days. He didn’t know when it started, maybe it was when Jessica kissed him… but, just every time he saw Jessica near, he always had in his mind to get away from her. Tiffany didn’t like the idea where he felt his heart restless when the girl was around. Yet, despite his offending acts, Jessica had always been there for him. She was always there to help Tiffany.

Tiffany, realizing how mean he was, bit his lips from the thought.

How horrible was I? Tiffany slowly dragged his eyes back to girl beside him. She must have missed her boyfriend so much. He then dejectedly smiled at the bitter thought.

“I’m sorry Jessi. I know it must be hard for you.” Tiffany uttered, his eyes darted on the table. “I’m sorry for not helping you.” Tiffany stared back to Jessica, who was having confusion at the moment. She didn’t understand what Tiffany was trying to say. “Do you miss him?”

“Huh?”

“Do you miss Kris?”

Jessica’s eyes wavered. She took her cup of her caramel coffee which was still warm and sipped on it. “Of course I do.” Tiffany saw how a small smile made its way onto Jessica’s thin lips, those soft lips which he had tasted before.

“Okay.” Tiffany said. Jessica looked back at him. She was still confused about the sudden topic but it didn’t stop her to notice how solemn Tiffany looked at the moment. How his eyes buried on the black coffee in front of him. After a second, he saw Tiffany picked up the cup which Kris liked the most.

Black coffee without sugar.

 

“It tasted like ugh—it doesn’t taste at all Jessi.” Tiffany laughed after he took a sip from what he thinks, was an offending coffee. Caramel was always better. Tiffany placed the cup back to the table and averted his eyes to Jessica. Heaving another sigh which was somehow soothing than the past ones, Tiffany held Jessica’s hand.

Jessica stared at their intertwined fingers, confusion was, again, all over reflected on her small face.

“W-what are you doing Tiffany?”

“You’ve been always helping me Jessi. I want to repay you. You help me with my problem then I help you with yours. How about that?” Tiffany beamed a smile, not letting go of Jessica’s hand on his. Somehow, Tiffany liked how Jessica’s small hand fitted his. Of course, I’m in this Kris’ body. Why won’t they fit? Tiffany mentally smacked his head from the idea. Why was he suddenly thinking that way?

“So?” Tiffany asked to an astonish Jessica.

“But I don’t have a problem-”

“Let me be your Kris.”

“W-what?”

“Let me be your boyfriend.”

“Tiff-”

“You can call me Kris if you want to. I won’t mind.” Tiffany squeezed Jessica’s hand slightly, silently letting the girl know that he was okay. He was supposed to be okay. This was the only way he could get back to whatever he did to Jessica. Tiffany was more than willing to stand and act as Kris for her, if that was the only thing which would make Jessica happy- Tiffany was willing to do so.

“Tiffany, you don’t have to do this-”

“I’m your boyfriend now. You don’t have to further court me Jessi. Don’t worry.” Tiffany leaned closer until he was an inch far to Jessica’s ear, “I won’t be hard-to-get for you.” Tiffany whispered and playfully winked at the bewildered Jessica. But nonetheless, Jessica laughed and shook her head from Tiffany’s childishness, occasionally, slapping Tiffany on his shoulder.

“Yah Tiffany, what do you think are you doing?” Jessica was still laughing at him and Tiffany was sure that he made the right decision. Should make a productive use of this body while I’m still in use. Tiffany thought as he laughed along with Jessica.

Five minutes passed and Jessica was again back on reading the random articles.

“Jessi~” and Tiffany was again back to his poking.

Jessica hummed as a response.

“When can we go home?”

“Yah I told you already.”

“But I want to pee.” Tiffany grinned as he saw Jessica’s face reddened.

“The comfort room isn’t that far. Go use it.”

“But there are guys in there!” Tiffany exaggeratedly reasoned out. His eyes turning into two big black holes.

“But guys are supposed to be in the male’s comfort- ohh.” Jessica stopped and slammed the papers on her face. What was she thinking to let Tiffany use an all males’ room? After cursing herself, Jessica stood up and gathered her things.

“Okay, let’s go home now.” Tiffany stood beside Jessica and watched her pick her things. After a minute, Tiffany unconsciously nodded to his self, realizing what he was supposed to do.

“Give me that.” Tiffany stated, his eyes directly staring at Jessica’s bag hanging on her shoulder.

“Give you what?”

“That.” Tiffany pointed her index finger onto Jessica’s bag. But still, Jessica wasn’t giving it to him.

“Yah Jessiah ppali.” Tiffany whined. Jessica unsurely gave her bag to Tiffany. She really had no idea what Tiffany was up to. After receiving the bag, Tiffany had a big smile on his face. He loved the bag, it was pink. Tiffany chuckled as he wore the bag around his body. Ahh I love this!

As Tiffany was satisfied having Jessica’s bag, he stared back to her.

“Now give me that!” Tiffany pointed his index finger to Jessica for the second time.

“Give what? I don’t have any-”

“Give me your hand Jessi~” Tiffany wooed and grinned.

“H-huh?” Jessica’s face reddened than what it was before.

“Ugh why are you so slow Jessi?” Tiffany grabbed Jessica’s hand, knowing that the girl had no plan of giving him what he had asked for. Jessica, who was utterly confused at the moment, let Tiffany take a hold of her hand. Why is he doing this? What are you doing Tiffany…

“Jessi, let’s go home?”

“Y-yeah… home.”

“Awwww look who’s blushing!” Tiffany grinned, grinning was his favorite expression to do now and Jessica was totally aware of it. Jessica unconsciously buried her face onto Tiffany’s shoulder to hide her embarrassment, just how she did when Kris was teasing her.

Tiffany smiled at the action, never had he thought that it would be this good.

Tiffany held Jessica’s hand closer, “Let’s go home girlfriend.”

 


TBC...