That Halmoni...?!

I Thought You'd Never Say [hiatus]

 

Kringgg Kringgg

Kringg Kringggg

 

 

Ugh~ what is that?!

 

Kringgg Kringggg

 

I peeked slightly at the thing buzzing beside me. There I found an alarm clock disturbing my slumber. I quickly turned it off and closed my eyes once again.

I don’t even remember that I set an alarm last night.
Argggh~ or did I?

 

Aish I better off sleep again and-

 

 

Kringgg Kringggg

Kringgg Kringgggg

 

 

WHAT THE HECK?!

I thought I alarmed it off? I opened my eyes once again and turned my gaze on the clock that I just turned off earlier. But I was surprised when I found it still faced down, but then… why is there still alarming sounds echoing inside the room-

 

Wait…

 

 

 

Wait

 

 

 

JUST WAIT

 

 

Did I…

 

Did I renovate my room?
That I don’t quite remember. I’m pretty sure my room is screaming pink everywhere, but this room I am right now… sure thing it is not my room. Definitely not. I saw a basketball ring stuck on the wall and some jerseys, shorts, shirts and- YAY what is that?

B-boxers?

 

They were all scattered on the floor.

 

 

W-what the…

 

 

 

 

 

No! I must be hallucinating.
Deep breath Tiffany, you’re just having a dream… a nightmare indeed.

I silently calmed myself as I closed both of my eyes. But seriously, that alarm sound is so annoying. I turned my sight at the other side where I saw another alarm clock wiggling at me. I turned it off once again and tried to get myself out of my nightmare.

I slowly lied down and closed my eyes.

 

“I’m just dreaming.”

 

“I’m just dreaming.”

 

 

“I’m just dreaming.”

 

 

“I’m just dreaming.”

I whispered repeatedly as if it was some kind ritual to bring everything back.

 

 

“I’m just dreaming… common Tiffany, wake up!”

 

I opened my right eye… no, it is still the same.

Close it.

 

 

 

I opened my left eye… nothing different. I’m still dreaming.

 

OKAY- this is creeping me out. I must be awakened by now.

OMG there is definitely something wrong.

 

I slowly sat up from my sleep. I began to wander my eyes around the room and that I noticed… everything- EVERYTHING I am seeing don’t belong to me! All of these aren’t mine…

this is not my room…

 

 

 

This is definitely not my freaking room!

 

 

 

“What the hell?”

Sh*t

Did I just hear my voice that creepy? Why does it seem like it came from a deep, deep well? Or there is somebody inside that talked? But there’s no one around but… me?

No no no

This is definitely a bad dream. Tiffany, you’re dreaming. I swear you have to fvking wake up right not or else-

 

I was fanning myself from nervousness when I unintentionally brushed my right hand on the small tent I just saw across my ‘thing’ in between my thighs. Okay…

Why is there something pointing out? Is there a pen or something that I unconsciously left in there?

I decided to lift up the blanket covering my lower body.

 

Why am I…

 

Why am I wearing b-boxers? And wait- why is there a pen proudly standing inside this stupid boxe-

I was about to grab that long horribly looking thick stick sticking out when I noticed it was actually attached in that lower part of my body. And that moment, I remembered the same thing that our professor showed us the other day. It was a model of a male’s private part made out of plastic. I touched that thing attached to myself, they exactly looked alike… but I don’t know how it feels like cause it’s my first time and- wait, when did I earned this?

When did I get this?!

 

No… don’t tell me

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Don’t tell me I brought that model home and attached it to myself?! I don’t even remember of borrowing it! And why would I even attached it in the first place?!

I pulled the boxer up to cover that plastic model and pulled it down once again after some minutes.


It’s still there…

 

 

Pull up… pull down

Still there

 

 

 

 

 

 

M-maybe…

 

 

Maybe I should count from 1 to 10 before I pull it down so it’ll disappear right away.
Yeah~ right! I am so right!

Just count Tiffany… just count and it will back to normal.

Right

 

Okay… here I start

 

 

 

1

 

 

 

 

2

 

 

 

 

3

Or maybe I should wear this boxer off too.

 

 

 

 

4

 

 

 

 

5

OMG

What’s next in count? Aish~
5… 5… remember Tiffany, remember!

Okay, okay…

 

 

 

 

 

7

You’re counting right Tiffany, you’re always right.
Don’t let your nervousness eat you up.

 

 

 

 

8

 

 

 

 

6

Sh*t
Where did that 6 came from?!
Shouldn’t it be stated after 5? Aish~ so stupid!
Heck… just forget it!

 

 

 

 

9-

 

“Yah Get up!” I was startled when I saw a young woman, maybe about my age, standing across the door with her both arms bent, resting on her hips. Giving me a disapproving look.

I swiftly pulled out my hand inside my boxer and responded. Wait-

What is she doing in my house…?

And is it even my house?!

 

 

“W-who are you?” I softly asked, enough for her to hear me out. She gazed at me with her same blank expression but her eyes… WOAH~ her eyes give me the nerves.

“Funny Kris. Now get your out of here.” She said as she picked up the clothes scattered on the floor and threw it beside the empty space beside me. “10 more minutes and we’re gonna be late.” She continued before dashed off out of the room.

 

Late for what?

Where are we going- wait…

 

Did I hear her right?

Who’s…

 

 

 

Who is K-kris?
Did she just call me Kris?!

 

I was about to stand up and go after the woman to ask what the heck is going on when I saw her entered again and looked at me with her cheeks shading red.

 

“Uhmm… Kris baby, wear your shirt before you go down and eat breakfast.” She went near to me and handed me the shirt. I was just dumbfounded looking at her and unconsciously lifted up my hand grabbing the shirt. She turned around and got out after reminding me to double time.

I was stunned for seconds.

“K-Kris? I am not Kris! Where the hell am I?!” I was so freaking sure my birth certificate stated that my name is Tiffany Hwang, not some Kris baby out there.

 

I averted my eyes in my hand that is carrying the blue shirt that the woman-who-called-me-Kris-baby gave me earlier.

I slowly looked down at my body.

 

 

 

 

 

Woah~ eight pack abs


Awesome

 

I thought there were only six.

This body was so freakily hot.

 

He is so y.

 

“I am so -”

Omo this is not my body, is it?

 

Where’s my assets?!
my s~ where are they?!

 

 

 

This is not me!

I abruptly sat up from the bed and walked towards the nearest mirror I saw inside the room. And there I saw a man’s reflection looking straight me.

A man…

 

A real man!

 

 

 

Don't tell me that halmoni has something to do with... this?

 

 

*Flashback*

 

“Come on! It would be fun, trust me!” Yoona yelled out as she was busy pulling the three of us into the halmoni we met yesterday. Taeyeon, Hyoyeon and I only shook our head as we are being dragged by this strong Yoong. And there is Yuri at our back just following us, making sure we can’t go away from Yoona’s grip. This two pranksters planned this all.

“Do you really believed in that fortune teller?” Taeyeon exclaimed who was beside me.

“Yes that is true!” Yuri answered, who is now leading the way and us following along. “And actually, we’re not going to know our future, it’s a more of trying to make our dull life adventurous!” Yuri continued.

“And what does that mean?” I asked out of curiosity. Actually, I do not want to go but the Kims said there’s nothing to lose if we try. So yeah~ might as well go along.

“You’ll know when we get there!” Yoona said as she winked on the three of us.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

 

“Stay there in past together with you and the future comes I will wait for you.” Yoona read the piece of paper she picked. She was the first one to pick through the halmoni’s magic box (the way Yoona calls it) because she was really excited. I saw Yoona furrowed her eyebrows, meaning she didn’t understand what the sentence saying was.

Well, I don’t either.

“What does it mean?” Yoona asked the halmoni who was looking at us steadily, like her eyes penetrating us. “You’ll know it once you get there. Just remember this young lady, past will be forever a past.” The halmoni answered.

 

Past is past?
What past?

 

Yoona shrugged after that, I bet she still didn’t understand.
“Past? Ugh~ Can’t I just get a fast car instead?” Yoona said as she went at the back giving us the turn to pick from the box.

 

Next to pick was Taeyeon and then she read her pick. “Reality the way it seems yet I will meet you through your dreams.”

Now dreams? Pssh

“I will only dream right? I guess that is what it says?” Taeyeon uttered as she went back to Yoona. Halmoni only smiled at her and mumbled, “Yes it will only be a pure dream so you have to wake up.” I think I was the only one who was able to hear that since Tae got at the back while Yuri was with them busy chatting with Yoona and Hyoyeon busy reading her own ‘challenge’. The way I see it, these were all like challenges we have to go through.

Well, these weren’t true anyways. That I thought.

 

“Destiny brought us together, unexpectedly it will be forever.” Hyoyeon read aloud, after that she talked, “What is this? Some kind of fairy tale? Aish Yoong, why did I even go to this?” she rolled her eyes saying that. But the halmoni again said something. “It is something destined, you just have to know it and handle it properly when you get there.” Halmoni said smiling mischievously at Hyo.

“When I get there? Where?” Hyo asked amusingly.

 

Halmoni didn’t answer, I looked at her and that I saw she was looking at me.

“It’s now your turn young lady.” She said towards me.

Do I have to join these?

Well, might as well since I’m already here.

 

I put my hand inside the box. I felt there were a lot of papers inside scattered. I hesitantly picked a piece of paper. It was like stuck inside that I have to pull it more. As I was able to pull it, I read it slowly in a silent mode of course. Everything is new, I change for you but I will be back as if on cue.

What is that?
Everything will be new? I will change… but for who?!

 

I felt my eyebrows drawn down in my face. This really doesn’t make sense.

 

“Read it Tiffany!” I heard Yoona shouted at the back. So there I shouted back, “It is nonsense, it doesn’t even make sense.” The other girls only laughed at me, hearing my remark. But the halmoni stared at me intently, giving me the creeps.

I awkwardly smiled at her as I pulled Yuri in her wrist so that it will be her turn to pick something from the box. I was about to walk to Taeyeon and others when halmoni stopped me, placing her hand in my shoulder. “Tiffany Hwang… everything will change but as I see it. Everything will be worth it. ” and there she let go of me as she smiled at me. I think that was the most genuine smile I’ve ever seen in her since we got in here.

 

What will change?

Nah~~ why would I even worry myself for this kind of lame sentence.

 

“YES!” we turned our attention to Yuri who was jumping because of happiness.
Now, what’s with that kkab Yul?

 

“What did it say to you Yul?” Taeyeon managed to ask.

“Here, hear me guys okay?! This is totally awesome!” Yuri exclaimed as she started to read her own ‘faith’.“A genie I got for free, three wishes belong to me”

Woah… that was quite awesome.

 

“What?! You get that?! Aish I should have gotten that. Imagine- I would have three amazing fast cars with that magic sentence!” Yoona exclaimed pouting towards us. “HA HA that’s what you get for being so excited, you should’ve taken the last pick. Now I get my destiny. Three wishes, awesome!” Yuri said still busy looking at her piece of paper.

But everyone silenced when halmoni interrupted us.

“Three wishes, three consequences. There’s always one thing you have to let go in order to get one thing you want. Always remember that.” Halmoni camly said as she started to gather her things and put it in a bigger box beside her.

 

“But still, three wishes? COOL” Yuri said as she put the piece of paper inside her pocket.

 

After that, we got out of the small room and walked back to our university. We just went there for fun though and I am sure, we spent there our 15 minutes break time with halmoni. As we got back in our room, all students were looking at us including our proff.

Wait- did we just have a different schedule? Because I was sure that professor who was standing right in front was scheduled to teach us early next, next day.

What the hell?

 

“Where the hell did you guys go?!” the professor asked us in a different manner. It was unusual for a professor to curse like that in front of many students. “What do you mean Prof?” Hyo asked as she averted her eyes in our other classmates gaping at us. “We just had our break, and we went to halmoni and it was so awesome!” it was Yuri who was still engaged in the thought of having her three wishes. Taeyeon and I only exchange stares, there is something wrong.

 

“Is there something wrong?” Yoona asked looking at our professor.

 

We all looked at him as he stared at us differently, like we were just lost and they have finally found us.

“Miss Im, Miss Kwon, Miss Hwang and you two Miss Kims. Your parents were all worried of you five and we were too. You were all missing for 3 days!”

“WHAT?!” it was all us 5 who shouted at once.

 

3 days?!

What the heck is that?!

 

 

That day, the professor decided to let us go home to meet our respective guardians. I thought we were only being pranked and all but we did find out, indeed we were missing for exactly three days. We were bombarded with questions and the only thing we were able to answer was because we went to halmoni. And that was the truth but no one believed us. That’s why we went there again to halmoni, to ask everything that has happened. It was just like so vague that we, even ourselves don’t know what happened exactly.

But when the five of us got there where we met halmoni for the first time, we were surprised that there was no room that was sited there. It was only an empty lot with grasses planted, almost reaching up to our hips. We asked anyone who was living near the area but they all said the same thing…

 

There was no halmoni living there. It was only an empty lot that no one has ever dared to buy. And the reason? We don’t know either.

 

 

 

We only looked at each other as our nerves hit each of us.

“This is creepy.” Taeyeon said at us.

“Totally” Yoona seconded, biting her lower lip.

 

“What will happen now?” Hyo asked after minutes of silence.

“Do you guys think… the sentences are t-true?” I asked as everyone looked to me. I saw their faces drown in their own thoughts.

That halmoni…

This is something that is really so impossible to happen, this is so impossib-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So I will truly get my three wishes?! THIS.IS.AWESOME! YooHOO!”

 

*End of flashback*

 

 

What the hell.

Don’t tell me… my f-faith is working?

 

The sentence… what did it say again?

 

 

Everything is new, I change for you but I will be back as if on cue.

 

Everything is new. I wandered my eyes again at my surroundings… it really is. Everything is new… and what else could I get when I get out of this room?!

Is there any director’s cue out there?!

Just cut it already… it isn’t funny.

 

OMG

For God’s sake I am a man

 

 

 

I am a man with and all.

 

 

 

 

 

“No… this isn’t happening! I am Tiffany Hwang! I AM TIFFAN-”

“Yah! Kris come the hell out now! N.O.W.!” I heard the woman earlier shouted from outside.

 

Ottoke? What will I d-do?

 

“Kris!” she again shouted. I have no idea what I am gonna do!

Can’t I just vanished here and now?!

 

 

 

“KRIS! COME OUT WE’RE LATE!”

 

“C-com-coming!” My voice is freaking me.

 

 

 

 

“Kris! COME OUT NOW!”

 

 

“I s-said I’m c-coming!”

 

 

 

 That girl need to know this!

 

 


TBC...